Favorite version of UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What is your favorite version of Unreal Tournament?

• Unreal tournament 1

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Unreal tournament 2

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Unreal tournament 3

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Unreal tournament 4 Pre Alpha

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I never got a chance to play that. One time I almost got to play a build running on the PC though...

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I've got to say that, unlke many apparently (?), I never hated the other UT games. They all had a different feel. Luckily. I wouldn't have wanted a carbon copy of the first. UT2003 felt very strange the first times I played it, but it sort of grew on me. I liked the content the community pumped out for both UT2003 and UT2004. Favourites of mines were the Angelheart maps. I tried UT3 for a while, I think it almost lasted a year.. off and on. But it didn't really work. Nevertheless, I didn't dislike it really.
As for music, it's hard to decide. UT 1 had an amazing soundtrack, but the following games were certainly up to par. Imo.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
. Favourites of mines were the Angelheart maps..
Angelh@rt, Angel Mapper, Warchild........ a golden age of mapping.

Despite UT2K4 being part of that golden age I was still playing a ton of UT in that day.

I have dozens of CD's with maps, mods and mutators burnt for all versions of the game............. I just don't need to come here and spam necro sub-forums with that stuff. ;)

UT3: I played it but it never clicked like UT and UT2K4.

Like a lot of people who have been on these boards for a long time, it seems we have all moved on to playing other stuff.

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
Like a lot of people who have been on these boards for a long time, it seems we have all moved on to playing other stuff.

There just isn't an arena shooter any more to get behind. Many have tried and Overwatch, Lawbreakers are good modern examples. My issue is I don't want to always be on a team, sometimes I just want to blow the crap out of everyone.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I liked the SnowUT mod for UT3. Wish we could have had something similar for the first. Some type of downhill around the sunspire. And put nali etc. all over. Carmageddon in the snow.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Actually that shouldn't be that difficult to pull off, just the time is the main issue/enemy.