Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Deep Impact-8/10

Despite the cheese factor I've always found this to be a compelling and well told story; as compelling in its own way as the other asteroid movie made around the same time Armageddon is total pile of shit.

The Bluray edition is remastered and looks and sounds great.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Wonder Woman - 6/10

Yeah; I would say seven but you're right.

Wonder Woman (3D)-7/10

I thought the movie was o.k. with one glaring flaw. It was heroic enough and had some good action moments but.....

Casting a middle-aged British actor as the God of War, Ares, just didn't work for me. Particularly in the climactic battle.

............... I must watch Batman vs. Superman sometime (despite the fact that I've heard it's crap).

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Saving Mr. Banks-10/10

Brilliantly acted. Not really a biopic as such:

Saving Mr. Banks depicts several events that differ from recorded accounts. The premise of the script—that Walt Disney had to convince P.L. Travers to hand over the film rights, including the scene when he finally persuades her—is fictionalized, as Disney had already secured the film rights (subject to Travers' approval of the script) when Travers arrived to consult with the Disney staff. Disney, in fact, left Burbank to vacation in Palm Springs a few days into Travers' visit and was not present at the studio when several of the film's scenes depicting him to be present actually took place. Therefore, many of the dialogue scenes between Travers and Disney are adapted from letters, telegrams, and telephone correspondence between the two. Although Travers was assigned a limousine driver, the character of Ralph is fictionalized and intended to be an amalgamation of the studio's drivers. In real life, Disney story editor Bill Dover was assigned as Travers' guide and companion during her time in Los Angeles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saving_Mr._Banks

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales 4/10

Standing alone it's a good movie BUT you've seen it all before. This latest installment is a total rehash of things that have already been done. One ghost ship isn't enough so now there are two. I guess next movie there will be three and it will be a ghost fleet. Unless you love the series you aren't missing anything by skipping this one.

Mar 9, 2009
Vancouver, BC.
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales 4/10

Standing alone it's a good movie BUT you've seen it all before. This latest installment is a total rehash of things that have already been done. One ghost ship isn't enough so now there are two. I guess next movie there will be three and it will be a ghost fleet. Unless you love the series you aren't missing anything by skipping this one.

Agreed. Perhaps the next one will be about bringing Barbosa back, OR this could be the last one to have Barbosa in it, ever. Good movie but I was expecting more entertainment.

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
nah john wick was brilliant, one of the best of its style.

Siege of Jadotville
decent movie, interesting setting, mediocre acting. Worth seeing.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Soultaker - with mst3000 commentary

How else could you watch a movie of this "caliber". Well, it had Joe Estevez and the mightiest chin ever on screen Robert Zdar.
Sadly enough didn't get that much screentime, so not enough room for chin puns.
Nevertheless, thoroughyl enjoyed the comment track on this one. Ranks high with jewels such as hobgoblins, the incredibly melting man and timechasers.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
^There's a copy of mstk3000 on german TV, which I happened to catch while at a friends yesterday... the bad movie happened to be "Hentai Kamen 2". A regular Perv who transforms when he wears dirty girl panties over his head into a superhero perv.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
A copy of them? Hardly surprising I guess. I haven't watched the new series yet. They did review Starcrash, mind you. One of the trippiest, insanely weird movies I've seen yet.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
^It's a bad copy, no commentary track, just interruptions inbetween where two sub-mediocre german comedians try to be funny.

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
the new crouching tiger hidden dragon

alright movie, relates to the first movie like how the 2nd conan movie stands to the first