Official BeyondUnreal Photography Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
I am digging that Japanese Maple BBA, very zen. I could use more zen atm in my life. (Couldn't we all I suppose.)

qGl9Kcx.jpg

HtQfuqD.jpg

XwwRG2z.jpg

Taken in HDR and normal on my Note 5 and then merged in photoshop. I am still struggling with composition concepts, but am learning how to get good photos (IMO) within the technical limitations of the hardware I am using.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Root. Need root for adblock. M doesn't allow rooting, but L does. So I'm stuck on L or I can give up adblock. Probably not that big a deal, but I'd rather keep it on.

Also, sometimes when I press the button to turn off the screen, it doesn't turn off... I have to press it a couple times. Otherwise, you're right, it is pretty solid. Just wish I shopped around a bit more.

Root. Need root for adblock. M doesn't allow rooting, but L does. So I'm stuck on L or I can give up adblock. Probably not that big a deal, but I'd rather keep it on.

Also, sometimes when I press the button to turn off the screen, it doesn't turn off... I have to press it a couple times. Otherwise, you're right, it is pretty solid. Just wish I shopped around a bit more.

Yeah, I wish there was a better way for adblock. I can fully understand that side of it. All the new phones have their issues though, so it's one of this, and 2 of another :/

[GU]elmur_fud

Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
Looking at getting a beginner DSLR. Maybe a T5i. Thoughts or advice? I could spend 10-15 grand on a camera but figured starting more frugal would be smart as I may never need that much camera before it is obsolete if ever. I do tend to be partial to canon I like the results I have seen from them.

[GU]elmur_fud

Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
Recent photo. Got a new used camera (Minolta XD or the XD11 in The U.S.)

The Parasol by Jason Combs, on Flickr
I have a Minolta maxxum 7000, while I love the results, my DSLR is so much easier. Chock it up to newb-ism I guess. I seem to recall you once saying you use almost all traditional film. On a related note in the process of moving I recently did I came across my my box of old film paper my grandpa left me. All kodak and ilford 8x10's and mostly from the 70's and earlier. Kinda useless to me as I don't intend to pic up developing as a hobby. I can't bring myself to throw it away, not because it was my grandpa's, just I am sure it could be of value to somebody.

Anyway ramblings aside, I initially thought I was looking at east Europe in the 60's. I am not sure if it is merely that I have never been to Japan or something about the photo composition but I spent an inordinate amount of time studying it.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I have a Minolta maxxum 7000, while I love the results, my DSLR is so much easier. Chock it up to newb-ism I guess. I seem to recall you once saying you use almost all traditional film. On a related note in the process of moving I recently did I came across my my box of old film paper my grandpa left me. All kodak and ilford 8x10's and mostly from the 70's and earlier. Kinda useless to me as I don't intend to pic up developing as a hobby. I can't bring myself to throw it away, not because it was my grandpa's, just I am sure it could be of value to somebody.

Anyway ramblings aside, I initially thought I was looking at east Europe in the 60's. I am not sure if it is merely that I have never been to Japan or something about the photo composition but I spent an inordinate amount of time studying it.

Yeah, I shoot only film. I just like the whole process and the way it looks. I'm sure you could find somebody on Reddit in /r/analog that would take it.

Thanks man. This is an old part of town. Most of the buildings are from the rebuilding time shortly after the war. Here's another one from that same day.

Omiya by Jason Combs, on Flickr

Reactions: Jacks:Revenge

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Soooo it's been a while, but I figured you guys might know something about this.

I have a whole bunch of photos that I want to put into a physical photo album and give as a present. However, I have no idea what to look for and what kind of price point I'm looking at here. Google showed me some albums, but they were basically $40 and in the description it said "don't forget to get some double-sided tape", which doesn't sound like a very good solution.

So I'm essentially looking for a great guide on how to arrange photos nicely in an album, common pitfalls to avoid and obviously what I should expect to pay for a 20 page album. I'd prefer something fairly large, so I can use big prints. Is it best to get a blank album and print the photos myself, or should I find a company where I can tell them what I want and give them the material that I want printed + instructions?

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Long time, no see, guys! I hope all is well with everyone. I don't get to go out and shoot like I use to because family stuff, but I started carrying my camera with me to work, so I'm getting some more shots recently. October has been a rainy when it's usually dry, so I went out and shot in the rain because umbrellas just look awesome in photos.

The Red Umbrella by Jason Combs, on Flickr

Reactions: tomcat ha