No Man's Sky

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
I haven't had a whole lot of time with it yet. Managed to make my first warp jump, learned how to make fuel, but first I'm trying to mine materials to pay off a bigger ship since the one I started with is kinda dingy with very little space.

I only had one death. I came out of orbit after a really good haul of Emeril and Gold when a group of space pirates jumped me in their little ships and slayed me while I was trying to figure out how to fly and shoot my little pew pews at the same time. Only met one alien race so far, no hostile wildlife although I've seen some really weird stuff.

Yep, I need more free time for a game like this.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I'm going to pick up No Man's for PC this weekend.

I like the fact that they got right on top of things with a day-1 patch, with a lots of fixes and updates right out the gate.
should be a robust experience. people are complaining that the game is too slow. well shit it's supposed to be like an epic Space Sim MMO. I'm definitely expecting a marathon with big rewards in the endgame content. sort of like Elite: Dangerous.

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
nah.
if you want a Death Star, you gotta' go play something like Star Citizen (and spend a f/ckload of money; that game is pay-to-win crap).

No Man's is much more interpersonal.
war ships, dogfights, trade ships, cargo vessels. of course there are massive space stations and large fleet ships but they're computer controlled.

SC is not pay to win. The game is still in alpha, so not sure how you can compare it (you can play for $35 by the way, which includes a ship and the game). When you buy a ship+game, you're just an early adopter that is supporting to make the game.

There is also more content in SC than in NMS.

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
it's totally pay to win because all these dorks spent 20,000 dollars on funding bonuses that gave them a huge leg up.
the fact that it's still alpha just proves what a ponzi scheme it is.

I've been enjoying Elite Dangerous all the while SC still flounders in development hell.
of course NMS has less content. it's being made by like 10 people, and not much longer before that it was basically 1 guy.

Argus

Spack Jazzrabbit
Feb 13, 2008
Scotland
Can't say I was ever all that interested in No Man's Sky even before its release - and given the general reaction to it, I kind of feel like I haven't missed out at all.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I was interested, but it sounds boring af. I'll wait for them to fix bugs and add features (co-op or multiplayer pls) and a Steam sale.

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
it was just too much hype, as usual.

the game is fun if you're expecting a slow-paced, exploration-based, existential experience.
if you're expecting to immediately blow things up and jump into PVP combat and mingle with a bunch of faggots like some MMO, you'll be disappointed.

No Man's has combat and is a persistent online universe with more multiplayer features to come, but it's a marathon game that starts out slow and isolated.
it was developed for a long time by just one dude. the current team is still very small. it's a great concept with a lot of potential but it was definitely oversold.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I watched the trailer a couple of days ago. It looks promising. It doesn't really take long to navigate your way to a new planet, apparently.
I'm keeping an eye on this. I plan on buying a new system in the coming months, and this might be on the list (with doom 4).

If I happen to find a dinosaur, I'll train it and take it with me to sail the waves of space.

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
it's a good game.
but I understand why some people find it frustrating or boring.

kDNnB3Z.jpg

4rKXBS6D.jpg

BoHDq4y.jpg

SpkkTIF.jpg

HtYYySu.jpg

MBhVk5m.jpg