Screw it. Ask DNB. Part 4.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

m00naY

May 21, 2008
Texas
I'm doing good. Hope everyone is doing the same. It has been an interesting year. Been grooving on the space pictures my tablet is fulling up. Lol. Been a long time. Glad to see ppl are still active here.

My question is what games are you playing to whoever wants to respond?

Any new movies anyone wanting to see?

I play words with friends. LoL

Glad I stopped by to see what's going on.

Reactions: Balton and Al

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Mostly Rocket League for me right now. League is life. :D

Can't really think of any movies I want to see, but I'm always reading something epic. On book #12 (wow!) of The Wheel of Time (forum avatar related). It's a 14 book series with a prequel book (which I read between book 10 and 11). Started it in September of last year. It's so good. Only 2 left! Kinda sad, but excited to move on. :)

Reactions: dotnetbeast

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
I'm doing good. Hope everyone is doing the same. It has been an interesting year. Been grooving on the space pictures my tablet is fulling up. Lol. Been a long time. Glad to see ppl are still active here.

1) Been playing Fallout 4 with mods mostly. And NBA 2k16.

2) I'm done for the year on movies. Favorite of the year for me was BvS

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Mostly Rocket League for me right now. League is life. :D

Can't really think of any movies I want to see, but I'm always reading something epic. On book #12 (wow!) of The Wheel of Time (forum avatar related). It's a 14 book series with a prequel book (which I read between book 10 and 11). Started it in September of last year. It's so good. Only 2 left! Kinda sad, but excited to move on. :)

Well, I started reading these books a good five years ago. Found them at a bookstore which offered interesting deals on pockets.
I was quite fond of the writer's sense of humour, regarding how he portrayed the characters and the often silly situations they got themselves into. Their shortcomings and strenghts, growing gradually throughout (?) the countless interactions with people and whatnot, many life threatening experiences. Iirc the women were quite feisty. Especially the one from the village who ended up liking Lan (who was bounded to morraine?)
The Aes sedai.
I've bought six books and read halfway through book 5. I think. It's been a couple of years, though. What kept me from reading was,imho, that it dragged on. Rand faced the evil forces, a huge battle ensued and he was victorious. Nevertheless, the dark one wasn't conquered. He was still in his prison, wasn't it.

Maybe I was wrong for qutiing ? The last thing I remember was Rand facing of to to one of the Aiel people, who divided the tribes or something along those lines. Him being the dragon reborn etc.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
:)

I don't know. I kind of like that it's drawn out.

Daily, you live with these people. They become a part of you. You watch as they grow from know-nothing children into men and women that are hard. That love. That kill. Some are redeemed. Others become something you didn't think they'd become. Some even fail and fall. And you're on that rollercoaster right with them. It's quite the experience.

But yeah, women hold the power magically and politically in this world. Rand and Co. have gone through some incredible shit since you've last been with them. They were children then, compared to what they are now. If you can find the patience, continue it. While I'm not done yet, it's already been worth the ride. The 12th book (The Gathering Storm) is the first one Brandon Sanderson wrote after Robert Jordan died, and I feel like it's gotten a bit darker. Now, that could be because the story is coming to a conclusion, but still.

Also, Lan is just a bad motherfucker. The prequel book (New Spring) is about how Moiraine bonds Lan. It's excellent. I could read a book entirely about Lan. He's so fucking cool.

Last edited:

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
wargame red dragon is the only newish game ive been playing regularly lately this is only somewhat caused by the fact that my laptop is slow and cheap. Its really the best rts ive played since rome total war.

Holy batman. What's up m00naY. It has been a long time since I've last seen you around these parts.

m00naY

May 21, 2008
Texas
:wavey:

Hello Jackal. Long time. I drop in once in a while. Just been busy.

Reading a shorty right now
On the clean road again / Biodiesel and the future of the family farm
By Willie Nelson

As for movies .... Haven't been in years. But Suicide Squad peeks my interest.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
How am I "going?" What do you mean?

Heh, every now and then it comes in handy that I know different kinds of English :) .
It's actually the Aussie way of asking 'how are you?'. Be happy that Manticore is not asking you about your budgie :p

edit: there's some funny stuff here
https://thingsaussieslike.wordpress.com/speaking-aussie-style-2/

edit2:

“How ya going? = “How are you doing?” Very common to hear Aussies greeting each other this way. Also means someone is odd: “See that guy talking to that tree over there? He’s a bit how ya going.”

Last edited: