Nostalgia

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I think he'd rather enjoy the stuff we do on CodeX's server, stuff gets really fun and funny there...like last time he became Maya the bee.....with honey buckets and all...
we also roasted a nali cow in the Soledad secret...L97Soledad-2016_4_1_18_47_25_745.jpg L97Soledad-2016_4_1_18_48_19_323.jpg L97Soledad-2016_4_1_18_49_13_186.jpg L97Soledad-2016_4_1_18_49_53_295.jpg

L97Soledad-2016_4_1_18_46_29_0.jpg

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Maybe Gopostal, currently I'm past Unreal. And I haven't heard from 3 in years.

Yeah I've played Serious sam. Fun game. Nearly as good as DooM. Just an insane mostersmash fest.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
If you ever feel like checking it out you can install Unreal and grab Smirf's patch from OldUnreal. I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised at what's capable in Unreal now. It has surpassed UT by a large margin and aside from bandwidth and ragdoll it can pretty much do anything UT2004 can do. I run a coop server geared to looking around these great maps. PM me and I'll set you up with a semi-admin account and you can god/ghost/fly all you want and enjoy the old gems.
Great stuff. I'll keep that in mind!

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
I lost my '99, 2k4 and 3 installs a little over a year back due to hardware failure.

Had 60 gigs of mods and models installed across all three titles. I was crushed to say the least...

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Maybe Gopostal, currently I'm past Unreal. And I haven't heard from 3 in years.

Yeah I've played Serious sam. Fun game. Nearly as good as DooM. Just an insane mostersmash fest.
You got me there as well. I'd like to know what happened especially because in the years before the disappearance I got more close with 3 and his server and my contributions there, even though in the last year or half I couldn't show up online....

If you can find out what happened, you'd be also helping me as well.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
3 is gone. I remember he used to mention the lack of interest in UT coop and eventually stop running his server.
And that's most likely what happened right...
For me it's also completely over. Like I've said though, it was a joyfull ride.

Oh yes, and Half life. Almost forgot mentioning this one. Not necessarily the game itself, but it's addons. Such as "they hunger" and "darkstar" etc.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Well, I hope it's like that. Still after all those years and a bit of renewed interest in co-op with some new mappacks like the illhaven 2012, I am a bit surprised he stopped the server relatively soon afterwards. In 2013 I provided the last update for the server which enabled the Unreal PSX demo to be played...while I couldn't attend myself thanks to all the network setup of my partner *sigh*

It's unfortunate that was actually the end of it and then I heard he's gone and my machine crashed soon after leading to the me-without-personal-computer period from the end of 2013 through the whole of 2014 and beinning of 2015...
only using a text terminal to go to forums and irc and still somehow managed to recover some data.

But yes I kind of feel guilty for not having to attend the server in the last year of its run especially given how active I was before. So I hope I wasn't the contributing factor just because I didn't show up.
This is what's been bothering me actually.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
did you guys play Serious Sam?
I have all the SS games on steam so if you ever want to shoot some horses and weirdo bug things in SS let me know.

I still have my original UT install from way back in 99, I've transferred the folders from computer to computer and even when I had to re-install the game all I have to do is grab the mods from my old UT install and copy them over to the new one and I'm set.

I also occasionally host a MonsterHunt server if you've ever played that, jacks.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
You don't give up on UT ..you just don't.

2irmb6u.png

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Some of us do. Sure, UT still holds a special place in my heart, but like Neo said, it's in the past. I'll revisit it maybe once every few years, but that's about it for me.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I still love UT but my interest in it ebbs and flows these days. Part of the problem is that just about everyone left playing any of the games is exceptionally good and I just don't have the time or interest to devote to keeping my skills up. I play mostly single player and co-op games these days so I have a hard time staying competitive in these types of shooters.

That being said, I still jump in from time to time because I enjoy it and it definitely has that nostalgia for me, along with many other games that have been mentioned here.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I think it's silly that most servers ended up blocking the warcow model. They did right? What was so hard about aiming a bit higher. And besides, the stock UT models were incredible boring. Sure, the warcow was another biped but quite different.

m00naY

May 21, 2008
Texas
I would play ... But I don't have a computer to play it on. Tablets and smartphones but no stinking computer. Maybe one day I'll get one. I miss playing UT. Probably forgot how lol