Week 2 and I am feeling like shit

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Quit pot and tobacco. Quitting pot has never been a problem but sheading tobacco is so difficult and makes me fucked up. Currently my stomach is acting like a teenage girl on her first period, balling up into a fist of rage treating the rest of my body like well meaning parents. Also what I have digested comes out like machine gun fire that'd make Morety proud.

In like a month or two I'll probably start pot again sans tobacco. Finally making the transition to only vaporize from then on.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I quit smoking cigarettes about 4 months ago and starting vaping. After quitting drinking, it's been the best decision I've ever made. Fuck alcohol. Fuck cigarettes. It's good to know I won't be dying from either.

Reactions: Balton

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
We Euros have the bad habit of rolling joints that contain tobacco and weed. I have a portable vapo (IOlite1.0) but since I am used to the nicotine rush when toking I always fall back to the dirty joints because it feels more right. A friend has a nice vaporizer that lets you fill balloons and the high is awesome but after every time I am left with the craving for nicotine... This is me taking more control and separating the experiences. Makes sense to me.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I know exactly what you mean. Give nicotine vaping a shot. It will help with your nicotine cravings, tastes better and doesn't make you smell disgusting. As a former cig smoker (I'm 32 and started when I was a teenager), you don't realize how bad you can reek from tobacco smoke. Plus, my sense of smell and taste is potent as a motherfucker, which is a good thing.

Good luck, man.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
And think of all the money you'll be saving. I've never smoked or did drugs a day in my life and don't regret it at all. It's waste, pure waste.
I've seen people sweat, tremble etc. because they didn't get their holy cigarette fix in time. Good incentive to steer clear from all that crap.

Reactions: Al

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Good luck, I know from experiencing with other people that it is a real challenge. I've heard getting really potent Cinnamon mouthwash and swishing it every time you have a craving helps them to go away.

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
nothing wrong with using drugs once every while but tobacco kills not only yourself but the industry is scummy as fuck.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I've been pretty busy with shitty work, doing the late shift which killed any private life I might've enjoyed and here I am three weeks later.

I am feeling very good.

Scratch that, I am feeling extremely good. :D

Y'know how I enjoy inline skating and I try to get out as often as possible? Well, I think it had been ~5 weeks until today since last I hit the streets . Today I did my usual route in less than half the time with no break hardly breaking a sweat. The past three weeks I sat each day on my arse for eight hours a day staring at the screen working the machine, so I was actually expecting to have no power and get home feeling sore instead my body wanted to keep on going. Maybe tomorrow I'll look how or where to I could extend my route.

The weirdest sensation detoxing from tobacco was waking up one morning feeling a tingling all over my body as if bugs would be creeping all over me. Upon jumping out of bed and looking down I saw giant beads of sweat all over me. My mattress, sheets and blanket all drenched in odourless sweat. My mind was all muddy and unfocused during these days too.

Reactions: Wormbo

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Fuck cigarettes. It's good to know I won't be dying from either.
Not dying can be worse.

If it helps at all I'll let you know what it's like from the shit side of the fence. I have stage 4 squamous cell carcinoma, which is an aggressive throat cancer. My cancer came from HPV (from oral sex) but it's the exact same cancer you get from smoking. In fact you can't tell which cause is the culprit without testing the tumors directly. In my case I was pretty certain it was HPV because I've never smoked but it doesn't entirely rule it out.

Anyway to put things in perspective for you former smokers this October will make 3 years since I was diagnosed. In that time every other person that was in treatment (chemo/rads) with me that had their throat cancer caused by smoking is gone. The odds are really abysmal for them. HPV related SCC responds much better to treatments as long as they are aggressive so all but one of the HPV people is still here.

Dying from throat cancer is horrible. It's painful as fuck and you wither away to nothing. That entire time you know you are going to die, you can feel it the same way you can feel a bad cold coming.

Even if you survive it then you become like me. I'm 46 and I look 60. Treatment destroys your taste buds, takes away your salivary glads, you'll likely lose all your teeth. I had to have my throat rebuilt so I have constant sore throats and I can't swallow well. I never eat alone because I can choke easily. You get a condition called cachexia which robs your body of muscle and health. (Fun fact: it's usually cachexia that kills most cancer patients, not the disease directly). It only gets worse from there.

The TL/DR of this stupid long post is that you guys are smart. Seriously weigh the risks before you go back to lighting up. It's not at all worth it. You do NOT want to risk this, it takes your life away and you have to learn to accept your "new normal"....I hate that fucking term too. There's nothing normal about living like this.

Please, please, please stay off the smokes. I promise you it's not worth it no matter how much you enjoy them.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Smoking is the worst. I hate it but I can't seem to kick the habit.
You really should try. There are pretty good methods out there for helping you to get over it where the only cost is paper and hygiene products.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
The weirdest sensation detoxing from tobacco was waking up one morning feeling a tingling all over my body as if bugs would be creeping all over me. Upon jumping out of bed and looking down I saw giant beads of sweat all over me. My mattress, sheets and blanket all drenched in odourless sweat. My mind was all muddy and unfocused during these days too.

That made me think of this...

I am feeling very good.

Scratch that, I am feeling extremely good.

Keep it up Balton :2thumb:

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Not dying can be worse.

Good luck to you, man. While I don't know what it feels like to have cancer, I understand what it can do to a person and what that can do to a family. My mom passed away from liver cancer last November, she was 54. The kicker is, she didn't even drink very often.

Fuck cancer.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Please don't take my post as a "feel sorry for poor me" thing. I'm actually a really positive dude but if I can point at myself and hopefully cause someone to pause and think for a second then I'm fine with that. I wouldn't waste my time telling my son's friends "Hey guys, I got this from eating pussy when I was your age so consider the risks before you engage" because they are all 18. You guys here are a bit older and you already know those "Why the fuck am I sore this morning? I didn't do anything yesterday..." moments. You really understand that there are costs for choices and sometimes those are steep.

Quitting smoking is really fucking hard. Maybe if someone is on the fence they can look at my troll face and that will be what keeps them off one more day. I'm more than fine with that because I can promise you that the potential cost for choosing to smoke is very, very high.

Reactions: Balton

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
Smoking is the worst. I hate it but I can't seem to kick the habit.

When I wanted to start smoking again I went and start vaping. Much better, I don't stink of smoke so it doesn't piss of the wife and I can do it while sat at my desk working. The flavours are amazing too which makes it a far nicer experience than smoking but you can still get the Nicotine hit.

Reactions: Al

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
When I wanted to start smoking again I went and start vaping. Much better, I don't stink of smoke so it doesn't piss of the wife and I can do it while sat at my desk working. The flavours are amazing too which makes it a far nicer experience than smoking but you can still get the Nicotine hit.
I've done no research on vaping, I suspect it can cause some of the same problems as smoking. However, as a non smoker with smoke triggered asthma attacks I very much appreciate those that want to smoke who vape. While I find typical cigarettes a bit selfish since they affect so many people around you but I realize for most people it is an addiction and not something they actually want to do. And I can only suspect that vaping, even if does cause some of the same problems, definitely doesn't cause all of the problems that regular smoking causes.

It's definitely hard for some people to switch, though. Taste is a big factor in triggering the need for a cig.

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
I've done no research on vaping, I suspect it can cause some of the same problems as smoking....
The reading up I have done points to the dangers coming from people who burn liquids to hot etc, when done 'normally' none of the toxic chemicals associated with the bad sides of smoking are released in the vapour.

Taste is a big factor in triggering the need for a cig.

Thats why a lot of eliquid makers do tobacco flavoured vapour which I've heard can be pretty close to the real thing.