Sparky's Server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
New server is running. It's bare bones right now, the focus was to get something up and tweak to add a thing or two along the way.

***NOTE*** You may want to update your translocator bind to include "getweapon adrtranslocator"

unreal://206.217.133.10:7777

It's running ADR (Dagger's version from way back when) as opposed to EO. The reason for this is I want to be able to switch between CTF and CTF4 without dealing with the minor differences in the weapons in the gametypes. Dagger built CTF4 support into ADR back in the day, EO doesn't support it and I don't see a need to modify it.

Only CTF is up for now with SmartCTF and Fastcap. I won't have much time to touch it over the next few days but it should work just fine. I'll add skin support for all the old school clan skins. I may have missed some required files for maps, because I didn't make sure I had all the files when I uploaded smile emoticon If you vote for a map and get sent somewhere else, let me know which map didn't work and I'll get the proper file uploaded.

Downloads (while there aren't many) should be quick.

If there are any issues just reach out!

~sparky

Reactions: Dagger and MÆST

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
Nice Sparky. I don't think there is an issue with the binds in Dagger's version (or the last I was working on).

Reactions: Dagger

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
My translocator bind wasn't working. I had to add that in there to make it work.
I meant if you were using the SwitchWeapon binds people had issue with before. :) Yeah, original ADR has the names without the underscore, so if you're using GetWeapon..... :rolleyes:

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
I meant if you were using the SwitchWeapon binds people had issue with before. :) Yeah, original ADR has the names without the underscore, so if you're using GetWeapon..... :rolleyes:
Switchweapon and trans don't mix because of that awful impact hammer thingy. Although I think it was removed in ADR. In this case, people can use switchweapon but I am not sure who does at this point. (You're a noob if you do :p )

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
So I don't check in for a week and Rip shuts down shop and we let sparky run a server? This can't end well. ;)

Nah, sparky's got this ... and Rip better still play frag nights.

Also need to check out Dagger's UT4 server...

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
So I don't check in for a week and Rip shuts down shop and we let sparky run a server? This can't end well. ;)
:owns:
Nah, sparky's got this ... and Rip better still play frag nights.

Also need to check out Dagger's UT4 server...
I'm hoping Rip sticks around. We may have to have somebody go to his house and duct tape him in front of the computer and connect him to the server.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
I added most of the old clan skins to the server. To reduce package space I combined the Male & Female Soldier skins into a single package each. Those and the NVS Commando skin are the only ones on the server.

In order to use the Male/Female soldier skins, you'll have to download the attached zip to install the new files. I've renamed all of the skin with a prefix of UTX- so they are distinct from the originals. (UTX prefixed skins must be used to display on server)
Download Here

In retrospect, I might have gotten away with just new .int files pointing to the original texture files. Whatever, I'm not worried about it now. It's done.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
CTF4 is working. Switching between CTF and CTF4 is pretty seamless. I was able to accomplish this by renaming all CTF4 maps. I am pretty sure I had to or use a different Mapvote.

I know Rip had loads of trouble with mapvote, I hope this continues to work.

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
CTF4 is working. Switching between CTF and CTF4 is pretty seamless. I was able to accomplish this by renaming all CTF4 maps. I am pretty sure I had to or use a different Mapvote.

I know Rip had loads of trouble with mapvote, I hope this continues to work.
I didn't use that mapvote because I wanted more gametype options, for one thing. If you'd like it setup for multiple gametypes just give me a holler. :)

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
I didn't use that mapvote because I wanted more gametype options, for one thing. If you'd like it setup for multiple gametypes just give me a holler. :)
I have it switching between CTF/CTF4/DM and a 2nd CTF4 with different setup (different scoring options)

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Quite a bit of maps have been added in the last 10 or so days. Dagger has been curating and helping me remove ones that are plain old crap, since I added a bunch of DM maps sight unseen. Any CTF/DM/CTF4 map with a SFH suffix has been modified in some way by Dagger (or myself).

Dagger made a new CTF4-Face (I think CTF4-FaceSFH) - It's fun =) (And purrdy)
I finished and added CTF4-IcyBeach last Friday. It played pretty well with @MÆST @Dagger and myself.
I added CTF4-HallwaySFH today. After playing CTF-Hallway last week I remembered liking it quite a bit (I love the hallway layout. Fits sniping and speed well :) @oskeno ) and had an idea to turn it into CTF4. I quickly scrapped that idea once I started and ended up going a completely different (and more natural feeling) direction. I think that map will play well specifically with the "cap each once" CTF4 mode.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
You'll also notice the Mapvote changed late last week. I think it's the best I've found so far for switching between gametypes, specifically from the map handling perspective.

It's a bit limited in function as it's not finished. I think it's RC1 or RC2. Mapvote comes up immediately at game end instead of a delay, and I can't limit the "random" choice when nobody votes to a single gametype. Those I would like to change among a few other things.

Unlike the traditional mapvotes with the gametypes each having their own list box, this one requires you select the gametype first, then the "rule" set, and then you get the maps for that combination. I think there are 2 rule sets for each gametype right now.

CTF:
With Botz
Without Botz

DM:
With Botz
Without Botz

CTF4:
10 Caps Total to win
1 Cap on each flag (Subtraction mode is enabled. So if you are team BLUE and cap RED and YELLOW but before you get green RED or YELLOW cap your flag, you'll have to cap that flag again)

Botz (ferbotz) enter games they are set to enter for a minimum of 3 players. I have to change the settings for the CTF gametype because more often than not you end up with a bot on your team. Who wants 1 player and 1 bot vs another bot?

The Ferbotz are a bit more dynamic than standard UT bots, but not by a whole lot. With the limited online features for the Ferbotz mod, we're stuck with botz that are random in setup and skill. Ideally, the mod would load the botz I've built, which have a higher skill level. They also would do better with custom code for ADR Weapons (Something @Rip was previously working on).
SoulStrife is a big fan of the botz, see his review on Facebook!
dZfaKTm.png

It's running pretty smoothly. I haven't noticed any issues in a week or so since last modifying the setup. Don't plan to do much more other than add a few maps. Just enough to keep the 4-5 people that still show up here and there from disappearing.

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
I'll send you my Botz version... It's a huge improvement if I may say so. And, you should try out the Players vs Botz mutator if you haven't. 3 Botz per player was my setting.

I think people would find it less infuriating if you turned off SuperAim, just a suggestion.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
I'll send you my Botz version... It's a huge improvement if I may say so. And, you should try out the Players vs Botz mutator if you haven't. 3 Botz per player was my setting.

I think people would find it less infuriating if you turned off SuperAim, just a suggestion.
Please do, and I'll try PvB and the aim change =)

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Added a CTF4 version of Alexias Playhouse last week. Added a "joust" version of the CTF4 variant for CTF this week.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Working on using Rip's modified Ferbotz version so the the BOTZ are better equipped to kick our asses should we choose to allow them.