Echo, echo, echo...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Wow... This place has gotten quiet. The new look? Nope. What then? Politics! We need some political discussions going on all up in here! Yeah baby! I'll start!

How many republican contenders will there be by the end of the year? I'm going with 50.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
Talking about the 2016 election when primaries are still almost a year away? Psh, we should be talking about the 2020 election! Will Hillary be able to keep her second term or will the GOP finally learn their lesson and pick a moderate to run?

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
Odds are he won't win the nomination, but damn it would be great if he did. I'm voting for him.

I’m amazed to see a candidate taken remotely seriously in the States with this as his list of big issues:

X0cuY5c.png

Perhaps there’s a glimmer of hope for us yet?

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
And that's a huge reason why I'm voting for him. Climate change is the number one issue for me and should be for everyone. If we're all dead because we completely destroyed the earth, all the other issues don't matter. We can't afford to bother with other candidates that claim it doesn't exist just to appease the fossil fuel industry. The science is there. We need to fix and reverse what we're doing or die claiming to be ignorant.

Last edited:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Voting republican may as well be voting against poor people. As a poor person, I feel it would be counter-intuitive to do so.

Over here people vote against their own interests all the time. It's bizarre, hilarious, depressing... I'm not getting used to it.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
And the extremely religious. How can you be wrong when you (a politician) say God told you to lower taxes on millionaires and billionaires and raise them on the poor and middle classes because trickle-down economics work?

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
And the extremely religious. How can you be wrong when you (a politician) say God told you to lower taxes on millionaires and billionaires and raise them on the poor and middle classes because trickle-down economics work?
Yawha?

That's not how things like this work. That concept is that taxes should be low across the board because the less taxes people pay the more money people have to spend. Including rich jerks that own huge companies and pay people to work for them. I realize there are selfish and greedy people and that it doesn't always work but trickle down economics does make sound logical sense. It's not like less selfish and greedy people get your money when it goes to the government. Or did "trickle up economics" get a good scientific test somewhere? Especially somewhere where 60 cents of every dollar goes to "administrative costs"? :p

(Also FWIW, almost all impoverished people and a good chunk of the middle class don't have any tax liability at all on a yearly basis)

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Bruzz: I exaggerated a little with the whole God-told-me-so bit.

but trickle down economics does make sound logical sense.

Since we've been trying it since I was born (30+ years starting with Reagan), when do the benefits kick in? Maybe we need another 30+ years to test it out? Trickle-down is just a way for the already disgustingly rich to hoard even more money.

It hasn't worked. It'll never work. Time to try something else. Tax the rich like FDR taxed the rich.

Also, when taxes are low across the board, things like infrastructure and education suffer.

Last edited: