Stuff you just bought thread V2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
That looks like a rather nice mobo there, too... Can't go wrong, Gigabyte Black Edition, ASUS RoG, MSI Gaming...all three of the pinnacle lineups out there.
I've been a repeat Gigabyte customer for 10+ years, my current system which runs a seven year old Xeon x3370 is using a Gigabyte mobo that's been 100% stable in everything I've thrown at it and I'm sure that if my mobo/cpu weren't so severely outclassed by current tech, it would last for another 10 years without any issues.

Reactions: Big-Al

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
2011-2012 Whirlpool Duet front-load washer and dryer:
JedpEWR.jpg

The best part - only $300 for the set :D

Reactions: gopostal and Big-Al

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
I've been a repeat Gigabyte customer for 10+ years, my current system which runs a seven year old Xeon x3370 is using a Gigabyte mobo that's been 100% stable in everything I've thrown at it and I'm sure that if my mobo/cpu weren't so severely outclassed by current tech, it would last for another 10 years without any issues.
I hear ya... I've been back and forth between Gigabyte and ASUS since I started building rigs. Usually ASUS for Intel builds, and Gigabyte for AMD builds. Now I'm looking at returning to Intel, and to ASUS, and hopefully this'll be a good build for me.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Bought this: (Palit GTX960 Jetstream)
Neue GraKa.jpg

To replace this: (a burnt Gainward Phantom GTX760)
Burnout1.jpg Burnout2.jpg
That's the result of open fire. Turned on the computer, it started to smoke immediately and when I reached for the off switch, I even saw flames. That capaciter must have unsoldered itself, it fell out when I removed the card. D:

Reactions: Big-Al

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
I don't think you buying Gotham is making Batman happy.

But it's so cheap.Why would the bat hate on a bargain?

Bought this: (Palit GTX960 Jetstream)
View attachment 103421

To replace this: (a burnt Gainward Phantom GTX760)
View attachment 103419 View attachment 103420
That's the result of open fire. Turned on the computer, it started to smoke immediately and when I reached for the off switch, I even saw flames. That capaciter must have unsoldered itself, it fell out when I removed the card. D:
If I were you, I'd seriously consider replacing that mobo as soon as possible also. That kinda burn out can cause a power surge back through the system that can make it flaky or croak itself.

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
All righty, NOW I have everything needed for this build. Rounded out with these:

Samsung 850 Pro 512GB (Sammy 850 Pro 512GB for Steam, Intel 730 480GB SSD for boot)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147361
ASUS RoG Front Base addon for the Maximus VII Hero
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813995030
Rosewill 45-piece tool kit
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16899261003
Startech Anti-Static Mat
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16899200006

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
415jDZ-T4CL.jpg

OEM version of the LG WH16NS40 Super Multi Blue Internal SATA 16x Blu-ray Disc Rewriter.

My old DVD-RW is an IDE drive and my new mobo doesn't have any IDE connections. All that's left is a good cooler and the CPU and I can finally build my system.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I forgot to mention I bought a 3 bedroom place last fall. It's a pretty good size for Tokyo.(78m2)

I finally got around to replacing a CD that lent to a girl I was putting my dick in and never got back. It's a must hear album if you've never heard it.

Marvin-Gaye-Whats-Going-On.jpg

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
dude I bought a new car and we're moving into a 2 bed 2 bath condo at the beginning of June.
maybe I'll post some pictures soon.

it'll be my first foray into ownership where up to this point I've been renting all my life.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
dude I bought a new car and we're moving into a 2 bed 2 bath condo at the beginning of June.
maybe I'll post some pictures soon.

it'll be my first foray into ownership where up to this point I've been renting all my life.
Same here. I just turned 40, but I rented until I was 39. I did however make up on the payments and threw a fuck-ton down for a down payment, so my payments aren't that bad. I nearly got sick my stomach writing the check for the down payment. I've never spent that much money in my life. Just thinking about it makes me uneasy.

Fuck, life is expensive. I'm going to go lay down for a bit.