Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Project Almanac-6/10

While this isn't such a bad story or not badly told the whole POV hand-held camera experience (think Chronicle, Cloverfield etc.) is getting a bit tired. This type of camera work can get a bit distracting after a while and can get in the way of the story. If you like temporal paradox experiences then this story is worth a look.

Safehouse-6/10

A pretty average espionage/chase movie. I thought it was very much in the Jason Bourne story mode of espionage thriller.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Heathcliff goes bananas 7.9/10

Love it. I really did. Except for the over excessive spillage of perfectly fine food items. Even though it's cgi it does not do a great job at contributing to educating the general movie going population regarding food spillage and how to prevent it. And what was up with that elephant and that 20 feet long

Well, I have to say that john malkovich makes a good heathcliff. And then I passed out.

Super movie. I'm just waiting for the sequel with rihanna. Or was it Sybil shepperd. It had something to do with a shepherd.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Chappie-9/10

This is really a return to this director's roots; the movie has a very District 9 feel. That being said it does take a lot of concepts from previous sci-fi movies but ends up using them very well.

If you like:

1. A well told story with some heart and soul.
2. Action and excitement.
3. Brilliant special effects
4 Robots who speak with South African accents.

....... then this movie is for you. So far this is my movie of the year for 2015.

A Perfect World-6.5/10

A slow Clint Eastwood directed drama that is worth watching if you can get into it. This is probably one of Kevin Costner's better roles............

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
2001; A Space Odyssey-9/10

I haven't seen this film in many years. Watching it I have to keep reminding myself that this film was made in 1969. In that context it truly is a masterpiece.......

Reactions: Al

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
It's certainly time for an amazing reboot of 2001! Actually it's long overdue! This time with a healthy dose of explosions, everything green screen and cgi monkeys. /crosses fingers

Reactions: Al

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
Guardians of the Galaxy - 7/10

Second time of watch and I feel like its more of a filler movie than its own thing now the Marvel Universe is coming together. Although the only link currently is The Collector from an after credits scene.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Bicentennial Man-9/10

I was never a huge Robin Williams fan, but in saying that I always have had the greatest respect for his immense talent. I was very sad when I heard that he had ended his life.

In my opinion this is possibly his best film. It allows for some comedy prompting and serious acting based on a great story and movie concept that is totally well delivered. It really shows what a great range this guy had.

I hadn't seem this film in many years until last night and it has lost none of its magic and power; its emotion and gravity.

RIP Robin........

2010: The Year We Made Contact-7.5/10

This film was a necessary bookend to 2001 and probably motivated more by Arthur C Clarke's ego than 2001. It will never have the impact that 2001 had but is still a very watchable story. By comparison to 2001 though a lot of the production values now looked dated which is something that Kubrick succeeded in navigating around (probably unintentionally) in 2001. Having seen his film again I notice that some of the soundtrack music, while obviously connecting the movie to 2001, also has its roots in the music from Dark Star and Alien.

There are some other details in this film that make it interesting to see again after all these years.....

Last edited:

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Insurgent: The Divergent Series (3D)-5/10

I don't know how much of a series there is left in this story. It's a pretty average affair and, quite frankly, the story isn't told very well because it seemed very disconnected from the first film.

Not only isn't the story told very well but the plot is thin and confused in places; it barely made sense. Also some of the acting from the supporting cast was piss-weak.

Worth seeing once to see where the "series" goes but that's about it; very average.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Good Morning Vietnam-7.5/10

Another film I haven't seen in many years. I don't think a movie like this could have ever worked without the talent of Robin Williams to drive it. Also the Blu-ray remaster of this flick is excellent.