my eyes!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
LOL. I was about to say...this kind of looks like the theme that 3D Realms' forums seem to use. Although theirs might be a shade darker than this.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Don't really care for it much either but people shouldn't be afraid of change. It's good to try new things.

I'm in the minority in that I don't think the selected orange is visually pleasing. I don't dislike orange but the one used lacks... vibrance? It looks like a paint chip card that once was *orange* but it sat on the car dash for a couple of weeks and got sun-faded and tired. The whole theme kind of feels like that. It's a bit cold and dreary, like a rainy Tuesday morning. Unreal should be about excitement and this just well, isn't.

That being said I browse with Firefox, NoScript, and ABP. With NoScript engaged quite a lot of the page is blocked/unrendered (buttons, extras, etc). Turning off NoScript fixes it but that's not really an option for an increasing number of casual website readers. Given the ease that malicious code can be injected just by displaying certain signature blocks/images I'm not going to disable mine for any site now. That's not really a loss since I barely scan the UForums any more but it's maybe something to think about for a possible future iteration of the site. All the widget-y stuff is cute and all but people are using their phones much more to scan the forums so you might consider a text-heavy theme that jettisons the fluff.

Might be too late to ask but is it possible to user-filter sections? I'd love to be able to completely discard ever seeing posts in Off Topic. And yes, the fact that this thread is in OT isn't lost on me. I'll take that hit though if it means I don't have to read any more "my farts smell nice to me" or "I'm posting pretend gibberish so people think I'm drinking" how-fast-can-I-get-banned-again musings.

Anyways, nice effort and it's good to see continued interest in improvement from behind the scenes.

Edit: Looks like I might be posting-banned and it didn't carry over in the change? It says I should be read only but I can clearly post. Might want to check that I guess.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
I thought for a minute that the forum got hacked or that I did. I'm over it now. I'm cool with this new look but it will take some time getting used to it.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
o_O CANNOT BE UNSEEN smiley
:rolleyes: JUST CAME smiley
:eek: JUST SAW MY GRANDMA NAKED smiley

:eek: :rolleyes:

Any way I can have the date a post was made at the top of the post and in a more visible color?
This depending on how much text there is in a post, locate the date nearer to the middle or to the bottom of the post, and in light gray on lighter gray design leaves room for improvement.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
We are planning to develop some more themes that are similar to our old themes over time, but the theme support hampered us upgrading once before and I wanted to get moved over quickly this time. I understand people like different things and want some different options available to them. We'll work on that :)

As far as mobile, I was hoping that xenForo would have some mobile theme support in it, and it does... but it's not as responsive as I would have hoped by default. That's another thing I will look into addressing. At least the forums work decently on mobile now and it isn't that bad it just could be better :)

As far as ad blocking, I hope some of you that have been adblocking here will decide to turn it off at least on BU pages. 100% of our revenue to keep the site going comes from displaying ads and the revenue we make from it helps us keep the site running. I don't know how many noticed but we no longer have a "hosting provided by" on the forums because the forums are now independent again. I'm hoping to keep it that way for as long as humanly possible.

Reactions: Al and JohnDoe641

Igoy

dea ex machina
Jan 20, 2008
Norwich, England.
slave-riot.co.uk
I think I'd be happier if the font size was a point smaller, as already mentioned. It certainly looks a lot cleaner, and I welcome the darkness!!111 and all that. Doesn't feel like the forums, but I'm sure it'll come to me in time. Change is good!

Reactions: Al and JohnDoe641

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
hadmar.... your avatar it doesn't work as well anymore.

nooooo

Tags were an essential element of buf. How can i now see if a thread is buttes?

theabyss

No One Here Gets Out Alive
Dec 3, 2005
East Coast
Test, test, 1 2 3. Finally. I couldn't log at first. Seems to work now. Well, the theme looks like Adobe Illustrator CS6. Fine with me. :)