Bowe Bergdahl

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Also, if we had anything to charge those 5 enemy combatants (who we release when a war comes to an end) with, we would have by now.

Preposterous. They haven't even been able to finish a trial for Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the primary architect of 9/11. These proceedings haven't gone forward for political reasons. If these were innocent men, the Taliban wouldn't want them back. The idea that these men are innocent bystanders is laughable, and makes it difficult to take anything else you say seriously..

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
That's fine, bro. I didn't call them innocent bystanders, but whatever. Apparently, I didn't know about these prisons where we keep/kept millions of elderly Germans and Japanese from WWII. No? We released those enemy combatants we couldn't charge with war crimes decades ago when the war was over?! Huh.

Why do you even make these posts when you don't want to hear the opinions of others?

If you can't take anything I say seriously (you say that almost EVERY TIME you reply to something I post), there is this thing called an ignore list. Add me to it. Here's the URL: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist

I won't be sad. I promise.

P.S. Here's an opinion piece by a retired Navy Chief Warrant Officer about the whole Bowe Bergdahl thing everyone should check out: http://www.stonekettle.com/2014/06/negotiating-with-terrorists.html

Last edited:

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Well it's just interment really isn't it? Why would they have a trial? That would be a huge waste of time and resources?

Sometimes you need it, like in Free Derry, remember? Why is the thing with power automatically wrong?

UDHR is just posturing, this is the world, and there shouldn't be any pretense or excessive bureaucracy/rationalization.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Preposterous. They haven't even been able to finish a trial for Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the primary architect of 9/11. These proceedings haven't gone forward for political reasons. If these were innocent men, the Taliban wouldn't want them back. The idea that these men are innocent bystanders is laughable, and makes it difficult to take anything else you say seriously..

Ugh. This was a fucking POW swap at the end of a war. People aren't "Guilty" of fighting against an enemy in a war, they are soldiers, and while we can quibble about whether or not the Taliban counts, as they were swiftly taken out of power, and then fought as an opposition party against the current Afghan government, they were Afghans, formerly the government of Afghanistan, fighting for what they believe is the right path in Afghanistan. These proceedings haven't gone forward because it would be trying foreigners for daring to fight a country that declared war on them. There is no crime, there is no innocence, there is only war here. And you can make crimes against humanity claims, if you wish, but they weren't being tried by the Hague, they were being held by the US.

This is pretty much as cut and dried as it gets. The only people claiming impeachment should happen are those that get a hardon every time they think they can try the president for doing what any president does. It is ridiculous.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
There is no crime, there is no innocence, there is only war here.

I see. Wanted for the murderer of thousands, but there's no crime here.

And yes the Taliban is a terrorist organization, and these five men are known terrorists that committed terrorist acts. Trying to turn then into enemy combatants is a fiction created by the administration born out of their foolish hope that we can reach a "peace agreement"with the Taliban.

Obama broke the law. A law that he signed. Congress wasn't given notification, and is starting to appear that Bergdahl's desertion was never mentioned to congress, and top ranking members like Saxby Chambliss and Diane Feinstein had no clue. The way this is going it's turning into a bipartisan fiasco. When office holders break the law they can be impeached. It is absolutely a possibility here.

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I'm sorry, but the murder that is being talked about is still part of war, just as the US has murdered the people they are fighting.

The US DOES NOT have the authority to try people for "crimes" committed in their own country. In addition, the US was NOT trying these people for their crimes, but rather they were holding onto them indefinitely because we are at war with the Taliban. When you depose a government that you helped put into power, and they fight back, they don't automatically become terrorists, just because it's easier to call them that.

This is not an attempt to create a peace agreement, it is getting back our soldier from the enemy. We're not going to set this dude free, we're going to try him, but WE are going to try him, not the Taliban.

Further, the President is given significant leeway in how to notify congress, and there are provisions that make exceptions for the safety of the soldier.

There is literally nothing to see here for any reasonable human being.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I'm sorry, but the murder that is being talked about is still part of war, just as the US has murdered the people they are fighting.

The crimes in question happened before the war.

The US DOES NOT have the authority to try people for "crimes" committed in their own country.

If the US does not have the authority to prosecute, then the US should have handed the men over to someone that does. You don't just release terrorists back into the wild.

In addition, the US was NOT trying these people for their crimes, but rather they were holding onto them indefinitely because we are at war with the Taliban. When you depose a government that you helped put into power, and they fight back, they don't automatically become terrorists, just because it's easier to call them that.

If you read the links I posted you will see that these men's crimes were not just "being at war with the US". These are men with direct links to terrorism and Osama Bin Laden.

Further, the President is given significant leeway in how to notify congress, and there are provisions that make exceptions for the safety of the soldier.

There is literally nothing to see here for any reasonable human being.

Is that why when Carney was asked about it several months ago he said they absolutely would not act without notifying congress? If you have a legal expert's analysis showing how this could still be within the law I'd love to read it.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Oh... how I wish the lib-tards here would move out of the USA already. "Be like Billy" should be my battle cry. "Be like Billy" and move out and then sit around and complain about the country that more than put you on your path to success.

Maybe it should be "Be like Balton" since he doesn't even live here and complains about us all the time. I already hardly notice him and that is a plus! I wish several progressive-lib-tards here were more like him and lived over there with him.

I often think Al and Balton are the same person. Often I wish they were both Balton so at least they'd be in Germany. I would bet money they would both put up a defense of Hitler if he were still alive or any recent dictator for that matter. "If" when the war ended with Germany and Hitler had survived are you saying we would have released him because the war was over? LOL. Please, please move there soon.

Hey dragonfliet, did you hear that Bowe Bergdahl renounced his citizenship in a note he left behind when he deserted his post? I heard that. I don't know if it is true or not. If it is then are you saying we should not try him?

There is nothing wrong with this forum that having about 30 progressive-lib-tards from here move away to other countries and never have post here again can't fix IMHO! A boy can dream right?

As if Obama didn't suck enough already he then trades these top 5 terrorist for one traitor. A traitor who got several other soldiers of ours who were looking for him killed and likely helped the enemy to hurt or kill countless others. More than enough evidence has been dropped in your laps and you look the other way. Go that way. Go away period. I hope I never have to go to war with any of you progressive-lib-tards at my side. Hell, it hurts my feelings a little to know I already have served to ensure your rights remain available for lib-tards to freely express themselves. I'd do it again though and they'd probably complain again that I went to war for them... for everyone in the USA.

By the way, there were terms in the law to allow Obama to make the trade in the event of an emergency. He did not break the law but certainly broke the spirit of said law. He does still suck and is by far the worst President we have ever had. I'm wondering if he won't get impeached for something by the time he leaves office.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Put up your dukes!

put-up-your-dukes.jpg

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Hermskii: Any time someone throws out "libtard", I know they're complete idiots. Hopefully you old people stuck in your 1800's ways will die off soon and we can move forward. You're on the wrong side of history, it's only a matter of time.

P.S. Since you guys want the USA to become the CSA, why don't you just secede?

Last edited:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Libtard seems perfectly appropriate here. This is a serious issue that the administration will have account for to both congress and the American people. But some on the left seen to think that it will all just go away if they can turn it into a partisan issue. Hence those in the thread claiming that this is just a proxy for our hate of the president, that we are on the losing side of history, and blah blah blah.

So go ahead and dig your hole. Bury your heads and blame Republicans because the president told you so. The facts are undeniable, and won't go away. I would normally find such libtard groupthink amusing if not for the "disgusting" nature of this deal as Chris Matthews described it.

Last edited:

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Conservatards just fits. Works well with the T, unlike libtard. There's no T in liberal, so it doesn't work. What happened to tree huggers and hippies? Those are better.

Last edited:

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
LIB-TARDS! (There! I said it in the hopes that all of them here stopped reading just then.)

Add Big-Al to the Al and Balton group for me. You know in the group where I wish they all lived in Germany and would not post here since they won't ever admit that they are wrong when they are wrong and they complain against the USA routinely.

I heard that this traitor/soldier we got back did in fact convert to Islam and joined and enemy and every other bad thing we were concerned about. I bet he was a lib-tard first! What are his parents political views?

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I heard that this traitor/soldier we got back did in fact convert to Islam and joined and enemy and every other bad thing we were concerned about. I bet he was a lib-tard first! What are his parents political views?

The evidence we have kinda points to both of them being a little crazy. By all accounts he actively sought out the Taliban. However, he also tried to escape twice, and then later converted to Islam. I wouldn't doubt that Stockholm Syndrome played a part. But this is a man that clearly wasn't thinking straight.

The father displays similar behavior. When his son started talking about doing something he didn't say "let's not do anything stupid", but "follow your heart". After finding out his son was captured he engrossed himself in Afghan culture for hours a day. He sent out tweets that we're troubling as well.

But I'm not about to call anyone a traitor yet. There's not enough hard evidence to show that. Just little snippets of info the media may be misinterpreting. The evidence for him being a deserter seems pretty solid though.

I'd also add that while the desertion angle is interesting, it's not very important in the long run. I'm far more concerned about releasing monsters in exchange. If I was the one being held captive, I'd rather die than see such criminals get off scott-free. I also find the lack of congressional notification to be disturbing, and hope congress presses a case. The administration's story keeps changing, and it seems clear that they didn't notify congress because they knew congress would stop it from happening. Obama wants Gitmo closed at all costs. He doesn't care what laws he has to break, or what horrors get unleashed upon the world to make it happen.

Last edited: