Physical Unreal Tournament Copies?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AlteredForms

Apr 9, 2014
United Kingdom
Hello

Which Unreal Tournament games do you happen to have in physical form? Even though the entire series has been released on Steam, I bought a recent copy of UT2003 and found the experience to be somewhat lacking, but a blast overall.

I also have a copy of the Unreal Anthology.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I have/had several. The original Unreal, special edition, UT3 special edition. UT GOTY (lost the cd I think though)...
Either way when I saw the title of the thread and it wasn't fully shown I thought it said Physical Unreal Tournament meaning that somewhere there's a non virtual UT like match going on where people kill each other.

AlteredForms

Apr 9, 2014
United Kingdom
I have/had several. The original Unreal, special edition, UT3 special edition. UT GOTY (lost the cd I think though)...
Either way when I saw the title of the thread and it wasn't fully shown I thought it said Physical Unreal Tournament meaning that somewhere there's a non virtual UT like match going on where people kill each other.

I was unaware of a special edition for the original Unreal. Then again, I doubt I'll track down a copy. As for the virtual reality matches, I doubt such a thing would get past congress and politicians, especially in this age of people gunning down others for no apparent reason.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
original Unreal, Unreal Gold Anthology, original UT, UT-GOTY Anthology, UT2003 (2 copies, why I don't know), original UT2004, UT2004 Anthology, original Unreal2, Unreal2 Anthology, and UT3. No virtual copies of any.

EDIT: Yes, all for PC obviously.;)

Last edited:

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Pretty much everything for the PC.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
physical unreal tournament corpses...

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
original Unreal, Unreal Gold Anthology, original UT, UT-GOTY Anthology, UT2003 (2 copies, why I don't know), original UT2004, UT2004 Anthology, original Unreal2, Unreal2 Anthology, and UT3. No virtual copies of any.

IMG_5839.jpg

One good reason to have 2 copies of UT2003 is the manual: it initially came out printed in orange which was too difficult to read, so the printing was switched back to black. For a collector, the orange manual is good to have. I have 3 copies of that game: the black manual, orange and a sealed copy.

Last edited:

DarkSonny

Beware!
Apr 8, 2008
Malaga, Spain
Lynx who made that book called "unreal tournament 2004 primary's offficial strategy guide complete weapon damage tables" where can I get that book, which is author's name who made this book?

Last edited:

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
Unreal, Unreal 2, UT, UT3
I have lost my 2K4 disc :(

"found the experience to be somewhat lacking"

Bit of a vague statement. Does it relate to the game or Steam ?

Probably the biggest problem with using steam to play any UT is Steam.
You are running a bloated shopping experience in the background while just trying to have a game.

You can bypass steam, and get the game to run normally, then use another tracker client that will connect to steam.
Check raptr and Overwatch.

Unless you have a decent PC UT2003 runs like crap compared to the more optimised UT2004.
Unless later patches fixed it, go for 2K4 instead and you will find much more user content and mods.
I play 2K4 with Zombies, dinosaurs, dragons, space marines, and Halo vs HL2 vehicles, with stunt vehicles and battle-bikes, and even a transformer

Hellkeeper

Soulless Automaton
Feb 16, 2014
France
hellkeeper.net
I have Unreal, RTNP, UT, UT2003, UT2004 and U2. Short of UT3 and the UCs, I have all
of them.

As for UT2003, I still think it had "something". It feels more intense and everything seems to be quicker (thanks to a lower camera height, largely). Weapons have a different feel because of their different damages and sounds, and it doesn't carry the same atmosphere to me. I don't know, I just love it. It was the first one I owned and I had so many great memories on it that I'm biased.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Which Unreal games do you happen to have in physical form?

Fixed that for you.

I have (at some time or another) had box copies of pretty much all of the Unreal games, excluding UT3, but including an original 1998 boxed copy of Unreal.

[SCREENSHOT]http://www.unrealtexture.com/Media/Pictures/Unreal_MAC_RetailBox.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

It looked just like that except it was a PC copy, not a Macintosh copy. I also had an original copy of Deus Ex in a box that was just as big. I miss those big ol' game boxes.

The only Unreal game I still have a physical copy of is UT2004.

Even though the entire series has been released on Steam, I bought a recent copy of UT2003 and found the experience to be somewhat lacking, but a blast overall.

That's because UT2003 sucked. However, ...

I also have a copy of the Unreal Anthology.

... the Anthology luckily comes with a copy of UT2004, which was far superior. You should be playing that instead.

Last edited:

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
@_Lynx: is that the Russian UT3 Collector's Edition I see?!

As for the big hate for 2K3, I don't get it myself. I love the game. When it came out I was downloading content like crazy and ended up with 50GB of 2K3 content and still play the game often. I think it best not to bother with comparative evaluations; let it stand on its won...it is quite a different game than 2K4 in many ways.

Not sure about the optimization question; I have been playing that game on every system I have built since it was released and never noticed any noteworthy slowdowns. Certainly not an issue for my new rig, nor - I suspect - any gaming system built within the last 10 years.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Fixed that for you.

I have (at some time or another) had box copies of pretty much all of the Unreal games, excluding UT3, but including an original 1998 boxed copy of Unreal.

[SCREENSHOT]http://www.unrealtexture.com/Media/Pictures/Unreal_MAC_RetailBox.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

It looked just like that except it was a PC copy, not a Macintosh copy. I also had an original copy of Deus Ex in a box that was just as big. I miss those big ol' game boxes.

The only Unreal game I still have a physical copy of is UT2004.

That's because UT2003 sucked. However, ...

... the Anthology luckily comes with a copy of UT2004, which was far superior. You should be playing that instead.
Don't ever tell anyone "you should be playing this instead". Let that be the decision of the person. BESIDES, I think ut2003 is way superior in the raw gameplay. UT2004 is a mess of gobbled content without any consistency or decency, new dm maps all playing and looking alike, no variety, just mass player game for big bucks and hyped sky high. That's my take on it.