Unreal Tournament 2015?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hideinlight

May 12, 2008
There have been suggestions of adding a stamina meter to dodging. It could also cover double jumps.

Tried something like that, end up hating it.
Nothing is more annoying then a beeping sound telling you, not right now.

It completely breaks the flow. I want to be able to do something on command. Don't want to go oh no, I won't make this jump because I don't have enough x-stamina to jump over it, lets wait a sec.
...ok almost
...just a few more secs.
...ok
...hmm
...it's full
...oh shit, had to wait 0.25 more seconds.

*falls to death.

Hideinlight

May 12, 2008
Anyways Rooks Keep is just gonna have to do as my UT replacer for now. Just made a custom map for it :)
Will screw around with movement a later date. It does have a stamina bar though, but instead of not being able to dodge at all when it runs out, you just "bunny hop" in a rather comedic matter.

QmWe6hw.jpg

Not gonna wait a few more years for something that might never happen.

rejecht

Attention Micronians
Jun 15, 2009
.no
sites.google.com
It can be pretty tricky when the target can move faster than your projectiles :p
Increase the velocity of the projectiles, because you're not getting rid of the crazy movement style. :>

Troll reply: hey I can just translocate from ur projectiles, yo.

@Hideinlight: Yeah, and some maps have ramps that would also take away from the stamina, so its usefulness would vary greatly, given your scenario. The things that bothered me were; the shock beam combo that can keep you off the ground for an extended period of time; not taking damage from being thrown into a wall by a shock combo (I want Splatterhouse mechanics).

raziel31

Nov 25, 2003
South F.
Visit site
I doubt we will see anymore Unreal games or games that support user-made stuff anymore.
Too complex and too unpopular.

Well you can always make an entire map with BSP in the last UEngine, stay in cube sounds to be your thing...:D

On the other hand, the possibility to create some new cool stuff with 3D apps in the last engine WAS the reason why some people bought the UT series...

lupinglade

Mar 16, 2014
Some music more like UT99 would be welcome too... Maybe maps that are space stations etc would be cool as well! Old thread I know, but we all want UT4!

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Don't have much faith left that Epic can make make good UT, especially after what happened to UT3. Some parts of it were good while so many other game elements & details felt just wrong. Of course it's just my opinion, but it cannot be denyed that last title was also negatively affected by various things such as lack of polish, rather unfortunate single player, competition from other AAA titles etc. At this point it's better to put this franchise on hold until they get serious and really want to make worthy UT sequel.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Of course it's just my opinion, but it cannot be denyed that last title was also negatively affected by various things such as lack of polish, rather unfortunate single player, competition from other AAA titles etc. At this point it's better to put this franchise on hold until they get serious and really want to make worthy UT sequel.

:tup:

rejecht

Attention Micronians
Jun 15, 2009
.no
sites.google.com
UT2004 -> UT2014

Core gameplay, maps, movement, characters, and minor tweaks.

Maps and mods?
Wave cash prizes or N months of subs at people to get them into UE4.
Win or no bel prize for you.

Master server?
err, uhm, uh

Hellkeeper

Soulless Automaton
Feb 16, 2014
France
hellkeeper.net
I'd rather have no future Unreal game. It would probably be shit.

I'd rather have Unreal be a close and cherished memory rather than something I have to preface with "no, I mean the old ones, when they didn't suck". As the Duke Nukem fans have to do.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
I like the sports game idea, it's easier for role playing. Killing these bastards with guns and stuff, I need to feel in character and like I have a purpose and am not just a fat space marine shooting stuff.

Better to kill for fun and for your corporate sponsor.

Long live UT 2003

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
OK so people now make petition to Tim Sweeney to make UT4. Right.
If anything the singleplayer Unreal should be revived, with multiplayer in it of course too but do not "just" focus on the multiplayer. We don't need another "trainwreck".
I can perfectly imagine a true Unreal 3 perhaps even still on the latest uengine 3(unreal 3 on uengine 4 would be weird).
There can be enough innovation and ideas, it's all there. A game that would be throwback to all the fun and exploration and raise the bar a little more. But that most likely won't happen. Unless I would get in charge of the project. Though I am a bad leader but at least I have specific ideas and I know what would work in this case. Masses wouldn't be necesarily targetted, what would matter more is the quality of art and gameplay. Not to make all easy shallow game. That's a never ending circle and mistake so many were making. The players should try to learn new and adapt to the game. Not that the game will adapt all to them and they can just sit through it and crunch on popcorn. Have some real thrill please. Make them scarred for life from the game. Get harder.
Then for those who scream for another Unreal on Na Pali, why not make a sort of semi MMO on ue4 which takes place on Na Pali after the events of original and have players assume various races and battle it out in a war that would ensue. And add all the original unreal locations to it too so players can drool in nostalgia while it's also next gen and they all have the familiar feeling plus new...
And what about the loose ends? Make strtegy game based on Unreal 2 strider wars.
And then as final step....
Unreal 4 and then nothing...because Unreal 4 would fucking bring end to everything. It would be the biggest and ultimate conclusion to all. Various characters could be even brought back to join the "forces". That sounds a bit silly but trust me, it could work, especially if you would be thinking of the same thing.