SmartDM for UT99

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Unfortunately you cannot just change font sizes, ask CB, it's a mammoth amount of code to justify a new font size and calculation line length and height, how to fit what where and adjust for all screen sizes, it's a friggin nightmare and the worst part about any mod that uses precise text placing :(

Anyway I've shortened the Pickup abbreviations a bit and also added the Help Page to the menu as you suggested, nice one.
Have also added Redeemer :)
DM Player Inline option in menu is also grayed out if a Team game.

Now that you have made positive contributions, I've added you to the about page.
Let me know if you want me to remove it before I release this beta ?

Will check out resurector mod.

Last edited:

The_Cowboy

Jun 18, 2010
A word of advice: dont include stats restoring feature if you dont want to spend 4-5 nights figuring.
As fas as I remember, it is a tricky stuff and needs lot of research before you actually implement in efficient way (I have seen resurrector mod and there can be better code :)). I did find a way, but it is lost somewhere in /home/ut. Maybe add it in TODO list for future development.

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Advise taken ;)
Yes I once tried adding this to UT2Vote51 I think it was and boy did things go wrong, go wrong, go wrong....... It was removed in UT2Vote52 :D

LOL today is the first time I noticed the SmartDM Record Holders in the F2 menu because I pressed F2 by mistake. :D
Looks like you can turn this off somewhere because I looked at my user.ini for the server I always play on and there is nothing recorded there.

mmm Just went onto that server and I see there is no Server Stat F2 menu at all.
I still have a lot to catch up with :)

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
good stuff :)

re 'F2' yes has been there for ever. however is slightly different for several different mods. like purestats , eutstats etc..

the reason why f2 sometimes don't work is because of nexgen hud. if you go onto that server and type !open in chat iam guessing that a menu will popup with the nexgen details. the 'f2' info has been moved to a tab in there.

now.. ^ method of doing things 'moving stuff' without alerting players is not good. and it has taken many years for ppl to realise that the stats are inside the nexgen hud.

----------EDIT
also , sometimes a conflict with purestats.. ie; if they run pure on the server.. and forget to add purestats as well which messes with 'F2'

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
in terms of stats recovery agreed that most efficient method be used. however the resurector mod works.. and works well. i believe that the version linked to, also has recovery for time for use with ATB because the players ATB Score/Rank require 'time' variable.

later on we will need to contemplate these things such as balancing and so forth.

ATB does a pretty awesome job of this atm so i guess we just need to study it a bit later on . the coder actually discivovered a better way of doing these things.. as how it is atm is kinda messy and still very buggy.

the best way to do these things is via mysql database stored on an external server and matching player info prematch and postmatch i guess.

or ut needs its own db scripted or native to be able to collect/store stats serverside.

on another note.. is there a new beta out for testing?

also what ever you deem appropriate with credits etc..
i have been involved with the creation of many popular mods.. and am only trying to help make manifest something that anyone/everyone will appreciate and use.. also being able to foresee future issues from nearly 10 years experience helps a little.

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
furthermore on 'f2' later on we could put sb data in there for top 10-20 players :)

but i reckon b4 we go there we agree on a scoring system and implement that into mod.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
Q. if theres only 2 or 4 players with the new layout.. are they displayed 2 on left or 4 on left?.. if 4 on left then was thinking.. perhaps up2 max profiles_vert display in middle of screen.. single-profile then split into duel profile after max profiles vert displayed.. exceeds screen res..

interested to see how she looks atm.

also is it optional as it is clientside?

bDisplayLeftRight=?

also.. not sure if this was available when you were about but there has been for several years a webbased stats logger called utstats.. utstats

:)

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
ok small problem ;

hud_not_working.jpg

the hud does not appear to be picking up HeadShots/SPREE's atm. perhaps is to do with the way it checks for these things.. and most of us now use this newnet which slightly changes things a bit.

for newnet here is latest private version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4z4b7ugxon5wx5u/globalunreal6d.zip
^ Note that it is Obfuscated..

also for testing of these things you can try our Asia server: http://www.psychoservers.co.nz/

the problem is I assume , is that the author of newnet changed the weapon's names to make them harder to utilize I guess. I first noticed then when I was using my custom mod comboshock

in the older versions of newnet which like pure converted weapons from botpack.shockrifle to botpack.ST_shockrifle for use with pure and purezp presumably.

so iam at a loss as to what we can do here... in respect to this problem.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
in respect to the SPREES: is it supposed to display the actual SPREE next to the text or a number?.. I would of thought it says Killing Spree or some thing.. not sure what that does tbh perhaps it is for multispree's like double kill etc.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
ok few comments re: customizations and such over at : ut99.org

This EUT is pretty impressive actually as it has various things like custom kill messages and some new sounds.

also note that the requests that are being put forth are as I suggested to you earlier , being able to utilise custom .uax / .utx files and such.

understandably that it is not easy to implement these things.

I will find the appropriate code snippets from EUT Source for such things.. like the Advanced MultiKill System as well as the Spree Extensions.

are these something we can implement into smartDM later on perhaps?

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
re: extended Multi Kill messages and Spree's have a look at the 2 classes from within this archive; EUT Source files

in-particular the classes ;

EUTDeathMessagePlus.uc
EUTMultiKillMessage.uc

almost all of the Kill-messages are user definable via .ini

the HeadHunter one although is not really suited for a SPREE or Multi but rather should be used for xx headshots imo.

HeadHunter=10;
HeadHunterSound=EUT_Sounds.HeadHunter
HeadHunterAnnouncer="HEAD HUNTER!!!"

something like this perhaps.

actual full ET Mod here: EUT (EnhancedUT)

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
hmm .. several things not working atm on sb with our server.

maybe because I run a highly modified system

let me know if you want access to it so that you can test things and see what the problem could be.

all we do is pw protect it .. then no0ne can interfere during testing.

unless you know how to sus it out without needing to login.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Ok here is a public beta for testing as it is very close to being a final.
I like the idea of a single file system until say the 7th player arrives and then switches to a duel layer.
I will look into that today and get back to you.

http://www.proasm.com/files/beta/SDMBeta103u.zip

Regarding the Killing sprees, every time you get a message 'Killing Spree' I think after 5 kills in a row in a certain time, the KILSPREE: will increment once and it does work.
Put 15 Bots on the server with a skill of 2 and you'll see :)

Regarding the Messages in SmartDM, to be honest I have not been there and not even looked at the code as that in itself is a complete new ball game and think we should finalize the scoreboard.

Lets first test this beta as it is, no further requirements or changes, lets just see that everything works.
I have done extensive tests on my LAN server and all looks good but you never know :)

Btw, do not report anything on 800x600 as that is purely a compromise and should be dumped.
1024x768 also does not show the Boots as but everything else is there.

Everything in the Menu works live, so have the scoreboard up when you make sellections, also add Bots (Minplayers=12) so you can see how good it looks.

The_Cowboy

Jun 18, 2010
These classes are present in SmartDM too :). And dude making all the features available in one mod is not cool. These ideas can be implimented in other mutators. Right now focus must me on ironing out the bugs, if any(like headsot stuff), and not keep on adding new features (repeat after me :lol:).

I hope you understand what I am trying to say. SmartDM is already cool and with ProAsm's scoreboard it is perfect imo.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
understand , I will upload this now to the asia server where you ping well and if you can do some tests with me and see how she fairs?

good work proasm.. thanks for your perseverance.

Can I add this public beta to the ut99.org and get some feedback?

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
this is a scoreboard not some kind of Enhanced GameType i think you are saying.

^_^

what do you mean these classes are already present btw?.. are we able to already tap into EUT_Sounds for extended SPREES and MULTIKILLS?

@ ProAsm the what the link to direct on your website so I can release it from there instead of a simple download link perhaps?

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Yes, most those classes are already there but like I say, I have not even looked at them or know what they do.

Use the above link to the beta and yes put it where ever you like :)