New Xbox Revealed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
To me the sad part is that PS3 failed due to sony trying to market it as home entertainment system/blu ray crap alienating gamers and now MS is doing the same mistake.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Sorry, flew off the handle, this guy is just a real jerk, I got mad.

He sounds like your average 'broom-up-yer-arse-english-man' :confused:
that's one of the least inoffensive ways to speak IMO...

and don't give me that 'but you speak German you wouldn't hear a difference' crap... ;)

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Microsoft claims you can turn off the cameras and microphone, but the Kinect has to be connected to the XBox to provide a path for your controller.

Woo woo, retarded design decision train, slowly derailing over the station. This makes so little sense from a hardware perspective, I'm sure it can't be true.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
for me it'll come down to exclusives to determine which is the better of the 2 evils.

It'll be the same exclusives they've always had. Only this time there will be enough graphical detail to the the sweat on Kratos's balls and you might almost make out a face behind Master Chief's BMX helmet visor.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
From a marketing perspective, first and foremost, it would have been nice to see this presented as a monster gaming rig - I mean really hammer home the message that the new XBox is a smoking hot video game platform - then layer in the other features as gravy as well- not the other way around.
It doesn't help that the hardware from a form factor perspective looks terrible - I mean seriously, it just looks like the worst designed piece of hardware ever created - a true brick.
If Sony come up with a drop dead gorgeous design, put the social element and TV crap to one side and throw in some killer game demos - they will clean up at E3.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
EMcNHod.jpg

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Woo woo, retarded design decision train, slowly derailing over the station. This makes so little sense from a hardware perspective, I'm sure it can't be true.

It is true. http://mashable.com/2013/05/21/xbox-ones-new-controller-hands-on/

From the page, On the front of the new controller, you’ll find an IR sensor. It allows it to communicate with the Xbox One’s new Kinect controller. While Microsoft didn’t go into great detail about how this will be used in gameplay, it does add one interesting feature. Imagine there are two people playing in front of an Xbox One. The Kinect knows, via facial recognition, who they are. It also knows, thanks to the IR sensors, who is holding which controller. If the two players switch controllers, they do not start controlling each other’s characters. Instead, Xbox One sees that they are each holding different controllers and communicates with the controllers through Kinect to switch player controls.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
It is true. http://mashable.com/2013/05/21/xbox-ones-new-controller-hands-on/

From the page, On the front of the new controller, you’ll find an IR sensor. It allows it to communicate with the Xbox One’s new Kinect controller. While Microsoft didn’t go into great detail about how this will be used in gameplay, it does add one interesting feature. Imagine there are two people playing in front of an Xbox One. The Kinect knows, via facial recognition, who they are. It also knows, thanks to the IR sensors, who is holding which controller. If the two players switch controllers, they do not start controlling each other’s characters. Instead, Xbox One sees that they are each holding different controllers and communicates with the controllers through Kinect to switch player controls.

Surely if you switch controllers with your friend, it's because you wanted to switch. What kind of stupidity is this!? D:

Evill_Bob

Cheese Hopping Rocket Spammer
Dec 19, 2005
In your computer, duh.
Unless Sony pulls outta their ass the Holy Grail and pours forth unto us the promised land of gaming I'm saving my money for important things and sticking to my PC. I was thinking about getting an XBox One but with this Microsoft has done a fine job of talking me outta it.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
q5UstTZ.gif

This connection that's needed every 24 hours. It's BS. I just can't believe Microsoft would be this stupid. Now, there's only two ways I'm gonna buy the stupid thing.

1. If Microsoft releases a patch to render single player games playable offline indefinitely.
2. If someone figures out how to hack it to be able to play always offline.

Until one of these is done, I will be going to my nearest local electronics store, laughing while purchasing a PS4 and flipping off the Xbone every chance I get.