New Xbox Revealed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Wonder how many red rings of death this piece of shit will deal out? I hate to judge but looks like Sony has a win before the fight even begins unless they royally screw something up during their next big revealing.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Wonder how many red rings of death this piece of shit will deal out? I hate to judge but looks like Sony has a win before the fight even begins unless they royally screw something up during their next big revealing.

and you're basing this opinion on what? At this point there is too little real information out and just slightly more company BS from each party.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The PS4 has a significantly more powerful GPU if the released specs are anything to go by. If that is right, this thing is hosed from the very beginning. Even if games are tuned to the Xbox, the PS4 will run games a lot better.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Steam Box will kill both of them. If it's all X86 architecture now, why buy something that you can't upgrade?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Steam Box will kill both of them. If it's all X86 architecture now, why buy something that you can't upgrade?
That really is a good question, especially if whatever Valve eventually backs is in the $500 range.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
The PS4 has a significantly more powerful GPU if the released specs are anything to go by. If that is right, this thing is hosed from the very beginning. Even if games are tuned to the Xbox, the PS4 will run games a lot better.

While you are right about the specs being in PS4's favor, this isn't the first time the PS had better specs and still lost a console war. If you check the link, the specs aren't really that much more powerful either.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, it won't come down to specs when it comes to who's going to win this one. It'll come down to who has the better lineup of games and also the price. Longevity of both will also be a very huge factor when it comes to the late game (no pun intended.) And that is decided by numerous factors we don't know about right now.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
If I had to get a console, I would pick the new Xbox for one reason and one reason alone...

...Forza.

(and I don't want to hear any "..yeah but Grand Tourismo..." crap)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
While you are right about the specs being in PS4's favor, this isn't the first time the PS had better specs and still lost a console war. If you check the link, the specs aren't really that much more powerful either.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, it won't come down to specs when it comes to who's going to win this one. It'll come down to who has the better lineup of games and also the price. Longevity of both will also be a very huge factor when it comes to the late game (no pun intended.) And that is decided by numerous factors we don't know about right now.
The vast majority of games will be multiplatform, and since both are using x86 architecture, PC ports will be cheap and easy. I expect even more PC ports than this generation, which is saying something.

The fact that both systems have the same core architecture means that the PS4 is simply going to win out on performance from the very beginning. Their GPU is significantly better if the reported specs are accurate. It also have significantly higher memory bandwidth. I really don't see how the Xbox is going to compete with it.

The only way Microsoft is going to win is on price. If they are way cheaper, they can be competitive. If they are a similar price, they will lose.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
The vast majority of games will be multiplatform, and since both are using x86 architecture, PC ports will be cheap and easy. I expect even more PC ports than this generation, which is saying something.

The fact that both systems have the same core architecture means that the PS4 is simply going to win out on performance from the very beginning. Their GPU is significantly better if the reported specs are accurate. It also have significantly higher memory bandwidth. I really don't see how the Xbox is going to compete with it.

The only way Microsoft is going to win is on price. If they are way cheaper, they can be competitive. If they are a similar price, they will lose.

True. Well, we'll just have to see I suppose. I would usually not have a problem with jumping ship from the Xbox to the PS but freaking Microsoft has the rights to a lot of nice IP's such as everything that Rare has made and Halo. Ugh. So that means, if this console loses, then those IP's will be unfairly shelved for who knows how long.

do_not_want.jpg

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Actually, it depends. I think as long as the Kinect is plugged in and can, at least, turn on, the Xbox One should work. You shouldn't need it to navigate the menus and stuff.

Form what I understand, the controller is now routed through the Kinect. Microsoft claims you can turn off the cameras and microphone, but the Kinect has to be connected to the XBox to provide a path for your controller. This is enough of an issue for many households to justify NOT purchasing a One system.

Privacy concerns are valid here, considering the fact that Microsoft filed a Kinect related patent last year that would allow a system to monitor a room to determine if the number of viewers in a room exceed the content provider's license. Why does Microsoft need to make any determination of whether or not I have violated any broadcaster's terms or licenses?

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
The sad part is that there will be that one gimmicky crap game that will get all the retarded pre-teens to go nuts over it and it will make the One a popular console. It happened with Halo and it happened again when Cliffyb tried to pretend he was an awesome storyteller. I'm sure they have something up their sleeves for this go around.