Dishonored

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
:lol: That's Dunwall Trials. Sorry about that.

At the moment I'm on a roof in the Distillery and had to put the game down last night... I was pretty sucked in.

The new DLC looks pretty good and, if the game keeps me interested, I can see myself picking it up.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Haven't mentioned how I fucking loved this game

I'd recommend finishing the main game before getting the new DLC for story reasons.

Also
The last level itself, other than the ending, becomes different depending on your kill count

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I need to get back to this game. I stopped playing right after getting to the pub and haven't played again. Freaking Borderlands 2...

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
I sort of like the way this game is becoming more and more politically incorrect... in a sort of correct way.

sea_sheperd_logo_wallpaper_by_neatstuff86-d2yhrio.jpg

I am waiting for the BL2 discount to hit.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
I'd recommend finishing the main game before getting the new DLC for story reasons.

Also
The last level itself, other than the ending, becomes different depending on your kill count
Well; I totally see what you mean about finishing the first chapter before getting into the DLC ( and the story does move like a work of fiction).

I usually hate stealth games but there was a good mix of stealth and aggressive play in this game to keep me sucked in.
(I could have used a few more sleep darts here and there).

I was a bit worried that the game would be too short but it kept giving until quite a satisfying ending
(in a Bioshock sort of way)

I do think there is some replay value when I've forgotten some of the details about the levels. The world and story are really immersive.

It effectively sucked me in so I bought the Knife of Dunwall DLC and I'm looking forward to the releasing the final chapter DLC (probably sometime in the second half of this year).

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I need to get back to this game. I stopped playing right after getting to the pub and haven't played again. Freaking Borderlands 2...

I stopped because you're not supposed to kill anyone. And I heard if you do, you get a shitty ending. That sucks. On to other games for now.

[edit] I know someone will say, well it's a stealth game. That's cool and all, but what if someone sees you? Do you have to reload the checkpoint and start again? I haven't noticed a way to not kill when you're seen.

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I stopped because you're not supposed to kill anyone. And I heard if you do, you get a shitty ending. That sucks. On to other games for now.

Actually that ending is much better (including the level itself), unless you screw up something in the real final part.

Got the newest DLC, the alternate version of the Blink skill is some cool shit

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
[edit] I know someone will say, well it's a stealth game. That's cool and all, but what if someone sees you? Do you have to reload the checkpoint and start again? I haven't noticed a way to not kill when you're seen.

Ending only depends from your kill count (your Chaos level). Don't exactly remember if some side-quest requires the player not being seen at all.
Best way to escape is to blink out of the way and leave those enemies scratching their heads. There's a certain mission where the enemies almost do the same thing to you, though.

Besides, none of the endings are anything special
it's just about the final level which becomes a lot different (visuals, gameplay, dialogues and encounters)

Also did anybody notice the Thief easter egg?

Last edited:

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Ending only depends from your kill count (your Chaos level).

Yeah, I'd rather kill them all, but I don't want a bad ending.

Unless you can still knock them out when you're seen and they're attacking you. From what I've seen, you can only kill them then. Which is crap. I'd be happy to be wrong.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Nah, once they see you, you either kill them or use the Blink skill (the teleport) to move somewhere where they can't reach you, then wait until everything goes back to normal - however enemy patrols will slightly change, most of the times for the worst.
The low-chaos ending doesn't exactly require 0 kills, mind you. I killed around 20+ enemies and I could still get the good/not-chaotic ending.

The tallboys, those guards using the robo-walker things, cannot be taken down throughout non-lethal ways, which sucks.

Last edited:

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
The Knife of Dunwall DLC was too short in my opinion. I only took me a couple of nights to play though and it seemed to end just as it was getting interesting.

Hence the second DLC instalment which will probably drop in the second half of the year. I hope DLC 2 has more to it..........