Borderlands 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
God damn trying to farm a Cobra is a bitch...
First it mainly drops from Burners, best source: The Beatdown
Secondly it requires said Burner to drop a sniper rifle
Thirdly there's a 0.88% chance said dropped rifle will be a Cobra

This thing better be godly when I finally snag one

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
You can solo kill Pete as Zer0 with a Bee + Unkempt Harold + Quasar grenades using a B0re skill build.

Well, that's the way I always solo kill him and unless I mess up the nades positioning for the robots it goes down in like 1 minute. But since I can only do it one a day and it always drop shit besides the crystals I rarely do it anymore.

Lately I just farm terra for like an hour still praying to get the relic, shield or Zer0 head.

You mean you kill Hyperius that way.

If you're on xbox I can trade you the tera head(coal train).

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The timers for the bosses are disabled right now, so if you are online you can kill them as often as you want.

The only problem with b0re is that you need a really good Bee to do it, and if you want it to take seconds you have to line up your shots perfectly. You also need lots of singularity grenades or a second player as a siren.

Pete is easily soloable without any special skills or equipment. Only Hyperius and perhaps Vorac can't be soloed without spending ages tweaking builds.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Pete is the easiest raid boss to solo without any type of glitching involved. If you want, we can go do a few Pete kills tonight or something, Bort.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Pete is the easiest raid boss to solo without any type of glitching involved. If you want, we can go do a few Pete kills tonight or something, Bort.

Pete is also the most generous boss in the game(not minding teramorphous spaming you with his underwhelming classmods). Yesterday I killed him a few times and he drops me a slag CC, today he gave me on the first kill a Tediore fire plasma caster, 2nd kill he drops me the pandemic grenade mod, after that he got stingy but he's definitely somebody I'll kill once every day for the next few days(till Colonial Marines drops :) ).

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
I'm still trying to figure out if Dahl or Hyperion make the better plasma casters
As far as I can tell, Hyperion dishes out more DPS, but it's hard to gauge that when Dahl SMGs get such a RoF boost by scoping(seems to be at least +50%)

Doesn't help that the game allows you to run a Dahl caster that doesn't have an element(defaults to explosive) :p

Hm, maybe I should retool my Gaige build as I haven't been running Shock element much during Hammerlock

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
I was searching for an alternative to Conference Calls for my Zerker, and after a bit of searching, and a couple of hours farming I now own Practicable Slow Hands of each element. These things are fun, highly recommended, and you'll have a lot less problems with enemies that reflect your fucking bullets back at you.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
The Slow Hand is a good etech shotgun but the projectile is slow, if you want something that's as affective or more, go farm the seraph shop for a good Practicable or Social Interfacer. It's current favorite shotgun and favorite weapon, it does take some time to get used to but once you figure it out, it will melt EVERYTHING.

Last edited:

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Huh, was gonna comment about how there's a weapon accessory that increases projectile speed, but it looks like it isn't available for shotguns

Ya, Practicible is a good prefix to have with Hyperion shotties. More pellets per shot and the accuracy loss isn't as much an issue with how Hyperion shotties work
I think it has higher DPS than the Social prefix

And if you want some hilarity, get a ETech launcher that has Maliwan Sight/Exhaust and the Stock Cover accessory. It boosts rocket speed by 6x. For a Vladof ETech RL, should be called Partisan Topneaa

Last note: Fuck Voracidous. Fuck him up the ass with a white hot chunk of rebar attached to an industrial jackhammer...

Last edited:

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Huh, was gonna comment about how there's a weapon accessory that increases projectile speed, but it looks like it isn't available for shotguns

Assassins and Soldier characters have skills that do this for any weapon. Mods can increase the speed even further. You are correct though, there aren't any Relics that help this.

Ya, Practicible is a good prefix to have with Hyperion shotties. More pellets per shot and the accuracy loss isn't as much an issue with how Hyperion shotties work
I think it has higher DPS than the Social prefix

Torque purple shotguns are the best for DPS but they shoot very slowly. The heartbreaker (heals as you deal damage, fire only) and Interfacers (does a lot of damage! and they come in 100%+ critical damage flavors) are super awesome and tend to deal out a lot more damage than the conference calls. I don't use my conference calls anymore because of this.

And if you want some hilarity, get a ETech launcher that has Maliwan Sight/Exhaust and the Stock Cover accessory. It boosts rocket speed by 6x. For a Vladof ETech RL, should be called Partisan Topneaa

Topneaa's are great. I've replaced mine with a few Norfleets. Slap "The Sham" Shield on and you wont take any damage from your own Norfleet as long as you have your shield at least partially up. Its a really amazing combination to run and gun with.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Ya, Torgue weapons are usually pretty nasty, more so than some elemental weapons because, as far as I know, nothing is immune/resistant to explosive

For added fun, run a Sham and get a Logan's Gun
Despite being a Hyperion pistol, the way it works you'll actually get rocket ammo back(up to 4 per shot)

Hadmar

Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
I looked at the Interfacer before I decided for the Slow Hand. No doubt it's devastating if used right but for now I just prefer hauling big blobs of goo at my enemies.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Hadmar, if you don't already have a Practicible SlowHand, farm one. Even with 3 projectiles it's pretty accurate
Almost stupidly accurate compared to other multi-projectile ETech shotties

[Edit] Jesus fuck the people on the Gearbox forums are a pissy lot
Mentioned to Hal last night that it kind of makes more sense that the Infinity should be made by Tediore since you could say the bullets are being digistructed into the magazine or chamber while firing
Post this thought on the Gearbox forums and holy fuck people are getting bent over it

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Maybe this has been said before and I didn't see it but I noticed that when I kill Pete and he actually drops a legendary or e tech his body wont dissolve immediately. Can anyone confirm this?

btw. today I got
Hide of teramorphous
WTF situation normal
Rolling Thunder
a spiker (boo)
and an e tech shotgun
and more legendary soldier mods than I can remember

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
[Edit] Jesus fuck the people on the Gearbox forums are a pissy lot
Mentioned to Hal last night that it kind of makes more sense that the Infinity should be made by Tediore since you could say the bullets are being digistructed into the magazine or chamber while firing
Post this thought on the Gearbox forums and holy fuck people are getting bent over it

On the topic of weapon manus, Bandit seems an odd choice in terms of cohesion. That it exists implies a capability greater than they're given credit to and stands weaker after the redesign (dev shots were much more interesting). Given the circumstances wouldn't it have made more sense instead for Raiders to be a manu, absorbing essentially what were Atlas employees into their ranks? Plot positioning around this very adaptable by eliminating the redundancy of Elle as another mechanic into a more compelling character as a Raiders gunsmith. You'd actually have a reason to go back out to the Dusk and use guns from the home team.

Last edited:

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
I'm still trying to figure out how the Bandit brand could have put S&S out of business.
The only thing the Bandit guns have going for them is magazine size, every other stat is sub-par and even the reload speeds make the massive mag not really worth it
The only Bandit gun I'll even use is an ETech shotgun

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I'm still trying to figure out how the Bandit brand could have put S&S out of business.
The only thing the Bandit guns have going for them is magazine size, every other stat is sub-par and even the reload speeds make the massive mag not really worth it
The only Bandit gun I'll even use is an ETech shotgun

those bandit ARs are good with Salvador, epsecially with the final skill from the middle tree(or you got an infinity :) )

Been farming Pete today while on the phone helping my gf write an essay. He's gotten stingy. All he seems to drop for me is legendary classmods except Zeros'. I only need zeros legendary class mod : / but why all the time for axton when my legendary classmod is way better than the dreck he's been dropping. Also got the Cradle, the black hole and a lobbed stormfront(yay, better than my homing one ).

Hadmar

Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Hadmar, if you don't already have a Practicible SlowHand, farm one. Even with 3 projectiles it's pretty accurate
Almost stupidly accurate compared to other multi-projectile ETech shotties
I now own Practicable Slow Hands of each element.
Why do you think why I'm having so much fun with them? :D I now also have an Interfacer in my inventory but I hardly use it. Oh well

As for Bandit, the Slagga is nice.