Alien Colonial Marines

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
The game is poopoo on diarrhea bread smothered in blood puss pudding. I hear rumors that Gearbox didn't actually develop the game, but Sega is saying otherwise. If that is the case then Gearbox should stick to Borderbitches because holy crap.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Indeed.
This game is getting such a universal slating from pretty much every review I've read so far and a current metacritic rating of 44.
A shame, this had awesome written all over it when I first saw it.

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
It's getting worse reviews than the 2010 Aliens vs Predator?
Holy shit, it must be bad.

Edit:
i212wUcwcU0eE.gif

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I have to playx it myself. I don't trust review sites anymore. The last Devil May Cry got super great reviews but when I played it I realised it's the worst out of the whole series.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Balton, you can trust these. The game is flat out disappointing.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Balton, you can trust these. The game is flat out disappointing.

:( that game was on my radar for three years. 4p coop against a horde of aliens sounded too great. so my game budget for this month is freed up for something else, crysis 3 the beta was fun and now I'll definitely have to check out the metal gear revengeance demo because all releases in 2013 so far havn't been that great or I've missed something.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
:( that game was on my radar for three years. 4p coop against a horde of aliens sounded too great. so my game budget for this month is freed up for something else, crysis 3 the beta was fun and now I'll definitely have to check out the metal gear revengeance demo because all releases in 2013 so far havn't been that great or I've missed something.
It sounds great and might be great as a L4D mod, but in ACM it turns out to be like L4D but not nearly as good.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
For Multiplayer, if anybody wants an AvP replacement, try Natural Selection 2. Didn't even know it existed till I read some Penny Arcade article on A:CM that gave it a nod.

Now, yes, tactical play has rather more of a part in NS2 than the running and gunning or running and biting I should say but it doesn't really matter because you can easily strip those elements out by getting the Combat Mode mod or going to any Combat Mode server since it's a server-side mod.

Natural Selection 2 is far better than Aliens CM. The graphics look like something from when the first x360 game came out... or even PS2/N64. I couldn't believe how terrible they look with todays technology. Why are they still on DX9? Oh right, consoles...

I know it's not Gearboxes fault since they picked this game up and they didn't start it. So far, they like to polish turds and it hasn't worked out too well for them (DNF anyone?) I think they should just stick with their own IP's. I wouldn't recommend this game right now. I'm hoping for some updates or mod tools to be released.

In the meantime, if you were like me and pre-ordered it because you're a dumb fan that likes to pre-order shit for whatever reason:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/15/a...el=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
A colleague who's been anticipating this game for a while insists the game is not as bad as the reviews are bandwagoning about.

He says it's problematic for sure, the AI is poor which makes the Aliens less interesting and he's disapointed that it's not quite as tense as he was expecting where the squad is constantly on the run, sealing doors and pushing for an exit but he also claims the themes of the game are well executed.
It feels genuine like you are in the locations previously seen in the movies and he recalled a particular moment when he had movement on his sensor so switched to his gun, headed in the direction of the threat and saw the alien moving in the shadows at the wall so moved up and opened fire only to find, like in the movies, it was just some pipes dangling.

I'm not convinced myself but I think if you're a fan of the franchise there might be some joy to be had in the game due to some attention to detail to the source material and the easter eggs and such.

The people I know who play it don't regret playing it but they do imply that they maybe hadn't paid quite so much for it.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Wished they just canceled and get us BL2 SDK/ED + non-off-source DLC instead.

They should focus on the BL franchise more, there's no point in releasing meaningless games like DNF and ACM anymore besides giving your company a bad stare.

Last edited: