Jog hold key

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
In INF you start out with walk and toggle to jog (and back to walk). Is there a way to have a jog hold key, so you start with walk and keep the movement key pressed to jog (and walk again on release)?

Ocsi88

Jul 20, 2009
There is run/jog toogle, and run/jog separetly in the settings.
Set your key to the other one ("Run (Hold key)" maybe).

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
There is stuff like:
Button bLook",Alias=Look
Toggle bLook",Alias=LookToggle

But for the movement theres only:
Space=SwitchMoveMode (mapped to my space key)

I don't know what to do with it.

Ocsi88

Jul 20, 2009
Ah, i remembered incorrectly...
You need this command: SwitchMoveMode|onrelease SwitchMoveMode

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Very nice, thanks. That works. A little problem is that after sprint, you automatically go into jog and the movement key then makes you walk when held (reversed basically). This can be fixed by holding the movement key before stopping the sprint (or holding the movement key and tapping sprint key to reverse the thing).
That way you can basically toggle into jog as movement and walk as held key, or walk as movement and jog on hold key.

This is a bit of a hassle though, would it be possible to go into walk automatically after sprint? So that walk would be the base movement and both, sprint and jog hold keys (walk on release for both).

Now I wonder, is there a way to make the aim a hold key? I'd like to experiment with that.
The problem is that holding the aim key makes you hold breath, regardless if the gun is aimed or not. So if the aim key should be a hold key, the hold breath function should remain when the key is held.

Last edited:

Ocsi88

Jul 20, 2009
This is a bit of a hassle though, would it be possible to go into walk automatically after sprint?

Put this command after the sprint command:|onrelease SwitchMoveMode
Now, after sprinitng it will be on walk mode after (release) sprint.
I hope it works, beacause i didn't test it, but it must. :D

Now there is that problem what you mantioned occurs when you do that "holding the movement key before stopping the sprint (or holding the movement key and tapping sprint key to reverse the thing).".
To fix it, you just need to push the sprint and release it.