World of Tanks

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Played it, it was ok for a while until I found out it was a "pay to win" game <caugh>gold ammo</caugh>.
It's really annoying to get a huge direct disadvantage only because someone bought straight up upgrades that you can never get for free, no matter the amount of skill you have.
Got immediately uninstalled, I despise p2w games.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
guess what my name is there;)

It's still fun to play.:) I don't buy anything for it though. Although, they don't explain that you can use convert experience at times without exchanging it for gold ($). Here's a link:
http://worldoftanks.com/ (the newest upgrade - 8.2 - was released today)

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
ive recently picked it up again. It seems balance got slanted more towards p2w but ive still been able to make a decent amount of kills in battles. its still fun for now though.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
My old clan was massively into it last year or so, a select group participated in a tourney and I think they got to go to Russia for the finals

My thoughts on the game were mostly "Meh"

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
That's why I like it; it's Unreal.;) Now if they could just make it so you can't hurt your teammates and get rid of the draw battles, then it would be perfect.:)

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
That's why I like it; it's Unreal.;) Now if they could just make it so you can't hurt your teammates and get rid of the draw battles, then it would be perfect.:)

Eh, I stick to Darkest Hour. Its a Western front mod for Red Orchestra that has much improved on the tank code and has realistic penetration values and actual teamwork.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
right now I only have light tanks, so I can get slaughtered at times from nowhere but I can also get my licks on. I did almost knock over a tank the other night flying down and hill and almost flipped him over into the water......that was fun!;)

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
...and make it so you don't start all over with a capture just because you get hit in the circle....that's pretty ridiculous....I mean, you're still in the circle and alive!:eek:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
...and why does my team seem to lose more than win....I almost always seem to be on the losing team for some odd reason (although I did win 6 in a row once).

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
I played that for a couple of weeks and I stopped because the grind for better tank tiers gets pretty bad (there are ways to accelerate that if you pay money). Also the balancing is utterly horrible. I had gaming sessions where I fought tanks 4 tiers above me almost all the time. No way to do jackshit if you don't even scratch them and they one-hit you all the time.

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
back when i originally played the last few tiers of light tanks ended up in games with a lot of higher tied tanks. It seems they dropped this.
The bt2 is also still one of the most fun tanks to play with...

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
I don't know about now but I stopped playing not long after they introduced the British tanks and it was a problem then.