Disney Buys LucasFilms, New Movie Coming

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
this is a terrible, terrible, horrible idea.

I'm not sure what else to say.
fuck Disney I guess. but fuck Lucas for letting them do it.

This was my gut reaction. Star Wars is something inexpressibly dear to me, and it makes me uncomfortable when people fuck with it.

But in truth, nobody is fucking with Star Wars. I have digital copies of the old trilogy it in all it's original glory. Disney will produce tangentially related films which have the Star Wars name on them. Maybe they will suck and maybe they won't. But it's none of my concern either way, because the originals are safe in my care.

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
On a conference call with shareholders they expressed some doubt that an Indiana Jones film would come about, citing potential pitfalls with Paramount which holds distribution rights.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
k8644.jpg

15792d1350658249-samantha-steele-no-longer-single-noooooo.jpg

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
All I can envision when I hear this news is the South Park that was done in response to the "new" Indiana Jones movie. It was filled with scenes of Lucas and Spielberg raping Indy.

This time Ole George will be raping along side Mickey.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
If Disney treats LucasFilm similar to how they treat Marvel, I don't see how this is necessarily a bad thing.

I'm sure they could make a decent film.

I just think it's really dumb and totally unnecessary.
can't we leave things alone? does Star Wars need more "official" installments?

if they want to work on the expanded universe they can through the outlets they've already been using; children's/young adults literature, the made-for-TV movies, the cartoons, etc.