Disney Buys LucasFilms, New Movie Coming

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Uh oh, a Dinsey-fied Star Wars movie coming in 2015.

Translation - more Jar Jar -like characters.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=771595

A decade after George Lucas said "Star Wars" was finished on the big screen, a new trilogy is destined for theaters, since The Walt Disney Co. announced Tuesday that it was buying Lucasfilm Ltd. for $4.05 billion.

The seventh movie, with a working title of "Episode 7," is set for release in 2015. Episodes 8 and 9 will follow. The new trilogy will carry the story of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia beyond "Return of the Jedi," the third film released and the sixth in the saga. After that, Disney plans a new "Star Wars" movie every two or three years. Lucas will serve as the creative consultant for the new movies.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
s6smbl.png

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
It'll probably be better than episode 1-3 at least. With Disney you never know, it could be amazing or it could be shit. I'm not a big starwars fan anyways so if it's just shit I couldn't care less. :eek:

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Disney just fucked every major studio that uses Industrial Light and Magic for special effects. This is going to change how pretty much all movies are made from now on.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Meh... Disney won't do any worse than Lucas has. Empire was so much better than A New Hope because Lucas didn't direct it. If this is terrible I won't care. The prequels already killed it for me.

Last edited:

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
Star Wars died years ago. At least Disney can't ruin the original three great films. Mind you I did enjoy the prequels but I can see why people didn't like them.

Disney will ruin the next films and it will be spun out to death.

Future generations will remember the Star Wars franchise as a tired old relic from the past rather than that great trilogy that we all remember.

theabyss

No One Here Gets Out Alive
Dec 3, 2005
East Coast
Meh..Lucas sold out before this deal was done.

What I want to see is MAXIMILIAM in a Star Wars setting.:D

maxi.jpg

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Meh..Lucas sold out before this deal was done.

What I want to see is MAXIMILIAM in a Star Wars setting.:D

maxi.jpg

That fucker scared the piss out of me as a little kid. I think that movie was the first time I saw somebody die on screen. The vision of hell at the end also stuck with me. Those two scenes played in my head for most of my childhood. Fascinating and scary as shit.

Teridax

Fresh meat.
Nov 2, 2008
A new Star Wars movie? Reminds me of this:

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c95Q3kSl94c[/M]

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Meh... Disney won't do any worse than Lucas has.

This is pretty much how I feel about it. If anything, I'm a bit optimistic that the next three movies will be a huge improvement. Let's face it - George Lucas had a great idea and a great vision for cinema technology, but he's a horrible steward of the SW universe.

Someone else pointed out Disney's Marvel movies - they've been good.

HugoMarques

☆☆☆☆☆
Dec 14, 2010
Portugal
Doesn't surprise me one bit. It was inevitable that the biggest cash cow in history would get more crap rationing. It has been long since Star Wars stopped being about art and became an all-out money-grab. Disney are just the biggest grabbers these days.

I couldn't care less if Disney can make better material than the prequel trilogy. The story is finished. The Rebbels won. Both the Darth Sidious and Darth Vader are dead.

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
Doesn't surprise me one bit. It was inevitable that the biggest cash cow in history would get more crap rationing. It has been long since Star Wars stopped being about art and became an all-out money-grab. Disney are just the biggest grabbers these days.

I couldn't care less if Disney can make better material than the prequel trilogy. The story is finished. The Rebbels won. Both the Darth Sidious and Darth Vader are dead.

but there are always two sith lords.