Guild Wars 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Running around Char Lands with Mesmer. It does auto adjust your level in lower areas. Good makes it easy to earn XP.. Almost level 21. Enuff for tonite..

Bonecrusher

Make choices, don't look back...
Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
I seem to be struggling a lot to level up. Like... I find myself strolling into areas that I'm not ready for yet. Am I missing some portion of the game? I've done Queensdale 100% and completely explored LA. Did what I could in the next area but the rest is too high level for me.

Anyone else experiencing this?

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Shit had the same problem outside of LA. Two events going on 1 with pirates and one with the farmers fields. I discovered exploring on your own is a bad idea died like 7x in a row one shot one bite from level 30+. Made a long stroll and made it to LA. The portals work for over places, Black Citadel, explored and then went out o fight Ascalonian Ghost. My level health and stuffed dropped to match the beginner levels but XP game became alot easier. I also found some smith's making level 20 stuff. Paid a few plat and upgraded some items.

Have to find groups and events then just tag along and assist.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Impressions?

Alright now that we had a second Beta Weekend. Post up some of your thoughts. I like to see Good ;) and Bad :mad:!.

I will start with the :mad:..
What's missing from GW1 that I hope does come back is a customizable screen (move things where you want them and resize them to your pleasure) to include the Radar with Red Dots.
I also would like the ability to scrawl/ping on the radar for folks in your group.

The ability to change weapon skills. Yes I know just swap weapon types.
(It tends to get boring with same skills)

Different types of events.. Some of these seem really GAY and some not very clear.

Some ;) things.
I do like how your power and health auto adjust when entering low/beginner areas. Makes it a challenge still.

Swimming, Jumping and Exploring are pretty fun..

Finding groups is easy just follow them around. (Good and Bad)

OK, there is alot of room for improvement still but overall it was a fun weekend.

Bonecrusher

Make choices, don't look back...
Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
I will agree with your comment on the radar and location of some of the items on the HUD. It was nice to fine-tune it. Enemies on the radar should definitely be added.

As far as weapon skills: There is a reason these won't change. The idea was to have the weapon choice have a greater influence than just skill recharge times. Plus, when you switch weapons, it puts more skills at your disposal quickly. For instance: I was primarily carrying around a Dagger or Axe and a Warhorn with my Necro. So I had to be in close for those skills. If ran into a group that I was getting my butt kicked by, I'd back off and switch to my staff, which allowed me to kind of stay out of harms way and still continue fighting. The four slots to the right are the ones that can be changed to suit you however you want. I found the traits helped here too... I put 5 points in Death Magic, I had a certain % chance on every kill that a Minion would rise from it. So some things that were Skills/spells in GW1, are "inherent effects" in GW2.

Some events are very boring, others I wouldn't mind doing multiple times. A lot of the heart quests can be time consuming and boring. But others get done quickly and unknowingly while you're doing one of the persistent events. Remember, a lot of the skill points and quests/events are still "broken" so in a way some of our time was wasted.

I really enjoyed messing around on the jumping puzzles. I agree with the level adjustment and exploring, very cool.

I took some time to try out other professions. Don't care for the Engineer so far. I am willing to give it a little more time tho. I made a Guardian and went up to Level 4 with it... In that little bit of time I was really enjoying it. I was at level 3 and took on 3 level 5 grawls at once with no problem. I smashed their faces in with my club :)

It's nice that despite how (people like Taz) could be at level 65 and I'll still be in my 20's, he can come back and help and still get rewarded while he does so. It's not like GW1 level 20 fighting Level 10 monsters --- BORING lol. It was fun running around together as well. Todd and I went through quite a bit of stuff together.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
I understand about the switching of weapons. Mesmer: Great Sword had some very good skills for damage, and switching to Scepter and Pistol gave me spirits and conditions. Switch to Staff which had Chaos Storm worked great for stuff that didn't couldn't run. You also never have to wait for skills to recharge cause you can switch, by the time you switch back they are recharged.

Almost made it to level 30, hope they have another weekend.

Devastator

What are YOU looking at?
Apr 8, 2003
North
bua.beyondunreal.com
From what I've played (Lvl 23 Human Warrior) I am really enjoying this game so far. I do agree that some "heart" quests are sometime boring but the events that follow them makes up plenty for that.

I also understand the the choice of weapons thing, however, I would like to have more skills related to those weapons be unlocked as I level up. Not always the same 5 skills. Then again, swapping to a 1-hand weapon does give the opportunity to get 2 off-hand skills which change depending on what it is.

So far though, the massive events (swamp) are really the most fun I've had in this game.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Dev, you missed this weekend. We did some of the area's out side LA level 30. Finished off Kessex and pretty much 2 Char Areas.

Devastator

What are YOU looking at?
Apr 8, 2003
North
bua.beyondunreal.com
This is gonna be awesome. Make sure to have a character slot empty so we can all start a character and level em up together. We might want to choose a race as well so we all start in the same area :)

Devastator

What are YOU looking at?
Apr 8, 2003
North
bua.beyondunreal.com
If it ain't 10 years old, you should be alright :p

Our goal with Guild Wars 2 is to have it run on a wide range of Windows gaming PCs.

Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better • Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon 64 X2, or better • 2 GB RAM • NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI X1800, Intel HD 3000, or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better) • 25 GB available HDD space • Broadband Internet connection • Keyboard and mouse

Note: Due to potential changes, system requirements may change over time and you may be required to upgrade your current system (or obtain a new system) to continue to play the game.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Freaking Awesome! Now the question for all Assassin's!

Who will not be purchasing Guild Wars 2?
Please add your Name and your Lame A$$ excuse!

1) _______________________________

2) _______________________________

OK, J/K most folks don't check the forums anyway!

Here's the «BuA» Roster! (BOLD) I know will be getting GW2!
Not sure about the rest!
Bonecrusher
Bonedigger
Bonecollector
Devastator
TAZTG

Iceburgs
Lurker_71
Shattered_Steel
Morty
Meat
Spl@t
VladTepz

What's real nice about this is you won't need to be at TAZLAN to play with us as a group! So many Events and Challenges require a group! The only think you do Solo is your personal story. I think we can put that on hold for a bit. The only think left is to select a Race and Server for everyone to start out. I think our Senior Assassin
Bonecrusher
should make this call. I will also create multiple characters for Names and Birthday reasons. :)