Unreal Secret Area Guide Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rob_KC

Dec 28, 2011
Back in 2009 I released a secret area guide with secrets from just the unreal1 single player. I've now revised my guide and added 4 new areas and 2 new eastereggs from the original unreal maps plus the Return to Napali single player maps. This also includes Deathmatch map secrets from both games along with nali secrets (which maps have nalis that open areas for you.) It also includes random tips, cheat codes, and for shits and giggles - links to helpfulsites and files related to unreal's past including the Unbible. I'm pretty sure i've covered every secret in unreal, if not i'd really appreciate it if you could post them here. Thanks!

http://unrealsecrets.webs.com/

NOTE: 2 new secrets have been added to dasa cellars and easter eggs for RTNP (since the guide released in 2009) incase you've already read through it.

Fawst

Jun 11, 2012
I've spent hours searching high and low for a copy of the UnBible and unfortunately, the link on unrealsecrets.webs.com is dead. Does anyone have a copy of that available, or know where it's still obtainable? I had it back in like 1998 along with all the other fun stuff that found its way into the community at the time, but no longer. Yes, I realize this is my first post here, but I'd love it if anyone could help a fellow fan out!

Keeping this on-topic, that's a pretty cool site. I used to spend so much time roaming the maps looking for hidden stuff and fooling around with UnrealEd to see how they made certain areas. Hard to believe it's been about 15 years since those days...

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
I used to spend so much time roaming the maps looking for hidden stuff

Still very much encouraged at my coop server: 66.55.137.218:7777 The mod I scripted is very generous to players, allowing them to explore and roam all over. You can open doors, summon weapons, bring up a translocator, etc. Grab a copy of the bible and feel free to go look for stuff. This is precisely why I love coop servers. You can spend hours poking around in the maps to find the hidden stuff these guys took the time to embed. Hint: Don't use editor though. It ruins the "OMG look what I found!" moments.

If you use the server don't forget it has mapvote. You can hop out of a series any time you want and jump to another. Over this coming weekend I'm going to add about 30 new maps, update the HUB map, and tweak out mapvote to enable jumping to any map in the series at any time. It's still a WIP so you'll find small bugs here and there but I'm still going with it.

Fawst

Jun 11, 2012
Thanks a ton AlCapowned!

And gopostal, that's awesome :D I need to get Unreal up and running on my laptop if I can and check that out. It's been forever since I actually played it. And now that I think about it, I have to actually find my original copy... it's around somewhere, but considering I've moved, oh, 8 times since I last played it, putting my hands on it is going to be problematic, to say the least.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Thanks a ton AlCapowned!

And gopostal, that's awesome :D I need to get Unreal up and running on my laptop if I can and check that out. It's been forever since I actually played it. And now that I think about it, I have to actually find my original copy... it's around somewhere, but considering I've moved, oh, 8 times since I last played it, putting my hands on it is going to be problematic, to say the least.

He talks about UT server actually, UT COOP, not Unreal.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
I'm strongly considering a move to a real U1 coop server if I can sort out this 22(?) version mess that everyone discusses. Can someone give me the straight answer on WTH happened with this?

Freddie

Mar 21, 2008
Arlington, Virginia
Thanks a ton AlCapowned!

If you can't find your copy, you likely can find one on eBay, cheap. Maybe you even can find an original, unused copy. Installing from an original CD requires certain updates to make it work on modern computers. Your can find these updates on oldunreal.com.

Freddie