So I just realized I was paranoid

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
And it all ended when ingesting some psilocybe (magic mushrooms for those not in the know). No hallucinations, just a rush and the unsettling feeling in the back of head was completely gone without using those shitty half-solutions the pharmas churn out. Boy, what a way to waste ten plus years. Tons of stuff I could being doing during that time. Apologies for acting like an idiot. I guess I had an axe to grind with some people and it spilled over here. Learning to forgive was a late lesson for me it seems. Anyway, just a passing hi. Back to life, back to reality as the song goes :)

Last edited:

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
So I just realized I was plumb_drumb

And it all ended when ingesting some psilocybe (magic mushrooms for those not in the know). No hallucinations, just a rush and the unsettling feeling in the back of head was completely gone without using those shitty half-solutions the pharmas churn out. Boy, what a way to waste ten plus years. Tons of stuff I could being doing during that time. Apologies for acting like an idiot. I guess I had an axe to grind with some people and it spilled over here. Learning to forgive was a late lesson for me it seems. Anyway, just a passing hi. Back to life, back to reality as the song goes :)

really burp random comment drunk burp maybe?

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin

:tup: I love those moments!
Nothing better to get a grip on reality by taking a step back for the big picture ;)

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
LSD taught me a lot about reality and human nature as did the rave scene and e back in the day.

LSD taught me a lot about myself. I don't think it's for everyone, but for me it sorted out a lot of personal issues about myself. If I could sum up LSD; I would say it's like looking in a mirror and being able to see everything about yourself. How you handle that is up to you.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
LSD taught me a lot about myself. I don't think it's for everyone, but for me it sorted out a lot of personal issues about myself. If I could sum up LSD; I would say it's like looking in a mirror and being able to see everything about yourself. How you handle that is up to you.

Don't really think you need LSD to do that.
You still need that mirror though.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Don't really think you need LSD to do that.
well of course you don't "need" LSD.
but it can really help.

numerous studies confirm that it's inward-focused psychological effects can be far more beneficial to the troubled mind than any combination of prescription pharmaceuticals or self-help/aversion/behavioral therapy programs. this is assuming you are using it in a controlled manner under the supervision (hopefully) of someone who can guide you through the journey in a positive and reflective way.

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
My father, who has done more LSD than anyone else I know, claims it's something like a placebo -- the short-term effects are intense enough to mimic a legitimate breakthrough without actually effecting one.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
There's some pretty interesting vintage footage of LSD experiments done in the 50's that highlight the effects - even with very small amounts, the effects are quite remarkable.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5d4wWGK4Ig[/M]

And this one is quite amusing as well.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDRbnmjzY7U&feature=related[/M]

Remember kids, if you're playing with this stuff, have fun but handle with care m'kay.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
My father, who has done more LSD than anyone else I know, claims it's something like a placebo -- the short-term effects are intense enough to mimic a legitimate breakthrough without actually effecting one.

I think that's too subjective to call. It may be a truth for him & his experience but that doesn't mean others will feel the same way.

I would agree there's no point having the same 'revelations' over & over if when you're straight you're not going to act on them, but psychedelics clearly alter one's baseline experience of how our own minds work on a day to day basis.