Stuff you just bought thread V2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Pfft. It's supposedly even better than the HD7970, and we all thought THAT was going to be the almighty card.

The benches I have seen have shown it to be better than the 7970. Course it is wasted power considering most games can still be ran with an 8800gt :lol:

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I got tired of my finicky v1.0 WRT54G so I upgraded to the GL to slap Tomato on it.
r4vnb.jpg

My shitty clip-on mic was going bad so I decided to get something relatively nice and hopefully last a lot longer

AT2020
21EaG.jpg

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
The benches I have seen have shown it to be better than the 7970. Course it is wasted power considering most games can still be ran with an 8800gt :lol:

Yeah... Now I just better hope that the HX620W will still handle this card, it survived at least three builds already, so I'm hoping it'll run this with enough juice. Although I'm still looking for a RAM upgrade to 16GB from 8GB (which will make the GPU performance less of a bottleneck, supposedly), and getting a 3D Vision 2 Kit, but all in all, it should be quite good.

Last edited:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
monitor-dell-u2412m-overview1-new.jpg

Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24" IPS LCD.

It looked like the best compromise between price and quality so I won't feel so bad when I replace it when 75hz+ 16:10 IPS or OLED monitors get released. I wouldn't have bought it if my poor CRT didn't start randomly resizing the screen from full screen to 1/4 or simply blacking out at random. :(

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
CM Storm Trigger
My current keyboard has taken a serious beaten over the last few years and a few of the domes are starting to go bad. I've been looking at and yearning for mechanical keyboards long before any of that, wondering if I can really justify such a price tag. Saw this a bit back and despite a lot of mech keyboard enthusiasts scoffing at its slightly gimmicky design, I loved what I saw. Decided to pull the trigger (har har see what I did there?) when I saw it was available for pre-order. Really looking forward to typing and gaming on MX Cherry Brown :D
[SCREENSHOT]http://i.imgur.com/LXXzJ.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

I'll probably purchase some o-rings shortly after I get it too and make it even more quiet.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
A few days ago I bought an '02 Yamaha CW50.

yamaha-zuma-03.jpg

New lap top
Lenovo Z570

Very happy with it. It's got some very cool features

Seems like a nice laptop, but Amazon UK ripped you the fuck off.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834246316

The laptop is $599 USD at Newegg. 709 GBP = 1144 USD.

See if you can get a refund and I will buy the laptop from Newegg and ship it to you. You will have to cover the cost of the laptop and the cost to ship, of course, but it should save you a few hundred pounds (am I right?)

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
CM Storm Trigger
My current keyboard has taken a serious beaten over the last few years and a few of the domes are starting to go bad. I've been looking at and yearning for mechanical keyboards long before any of that, wondering if I can really justify such a price tag. Saw this a bit back and despite a lot of mech keyboard enthusiasts scoffing at its slightly gimmicky design, I loved what I saw. Decided to pull the trigger (har har see what I did there?) when I saw it was available for pre-order. Really looking forward to typing and gaming on MX Cherry Brown :D
[SCREENSHOT]http://i.imgur.com/LXXzJ.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

I'll probably purchase some o-rings shortly after I get it too and make it even more quiet.

That actually looks really cool but I think the "big blocky" keyboards are a thing of the past.

The Logitech Illuminated is my choice. It's like a laptop keyboard with the long key travel of a "big blocky" keyboard. I've never felt a smoother and faster typing keyboard.

Got one for work and everyone who typed on it asked me what kind of keyboard it was. They all love it. :)

Hence I recommend anyone in Best Buy or Staples or whatever try out the display model.

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
A few days ago I bought an '02 Yamaha CW50.

yamaha-zuma-03.jpg

Seems like a nice laptop, but Amazon UK ripped you the fuck off.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834246316

The laptop is $599 USD at Newegg. 709 GBP = 1144 USD.

See if you can get a refund and I will buy the laptop from Newegg and ship it to you. You will have to cover the cost of the laptop and the cost to ship, of course, but it should save you a few hundred pounds (am I right?)

That's an i5 500mb laptop mine is an i7 750 mb. That's why the price is different. I can get the i5 version at uk Amazon for under £500

Nice scooter :D

Not everyone wants to run Skyrim or Crysis 2 in 800x600 toilet. Face it man. Your 8800GT sucks compared to the newer cards.

Also, that 690GTX is out, so that's even better and less power draw (if you care about that).

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Not everyone wants to run Skyrim or Crysis 2 in 800x600 toilet. Face it man. Your 8800GT sucks compared to the newer cards.

Also, that 690GTX is out, so that's even better and less power draw (if you care about that).

Of course it does goomba fucker. Out of all the PC games that have come out in the last few years, Crysis 2, Metro 2033, and Skyrim would give it a good whoopin. 3 whole games give a 5 year old card some stress :rolleyes:

Oh here is the best thing. I ran Crysis 2 on my 8800gt in the demo days and all I really had to do was drop my resolution down a notch or 2, hardly 800x600 :) Perfectly playable then. Did I have to pick up a 560ti? Not really.

As for the 690, I feel it is for those who want to have a dual gpu setup without dealing with the hassle of 2 separate cards. It also has the added benefit of having less heat and power consumption than 2 680's.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
That actually looks really cool but I think the "big blocky" keyboards are a thing of the past.

The Logitech Illuminated is my choice. It's like a laptop keyboard with the long key travel of a "big blocky" keyboard. I've never felt a smoother and faster typing keyboard.

Got one for work and everyone who typed on it asked me what kind of keyboard it was. They all love it. :)

Hence I recommend anyone in Best Buy or Staples or whatever try out the display model.
Oh man, I remember trying that at a store. It certainly has an appealing design but god damn did I think it felt awful to type on. Similar to the keys of a laptop. Sure, some people actually like that, but I despise it personally.

Really, it's all about the feel and nothing even gets close to mechanical keyboards.

SnaKe-Fu

Thread Killer.
Dec 26, 2000
California
www.7igaming.com
[Screenshot]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61sYAJAUi8L._AA1200_.jpg[/screenshot]Sennheiser HD518
[Screenshot]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81K3N%2B-2mML._AA1500_.jpg[/screenshot] NuForce iCON uDac-2
[Screenshot]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71Uvd2tZOZL._AA1500_.jpg[/screenshot] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
NuForce iCON uDac-2

Hey I've been looking to upgrade my sound setup and have been researching dac vs soundcard vs onboard for a while. All I really want to know is how big of a difference it will be going from onboard to a soundcard or dac? I recently had to switch from my soundcard to the motherboard's onboard soundcard (my dedicated soundcard died) and I have to say I notice no difference at all. The onboard's analog audio is just as crystal clear as the soundcard's analog. Is it really worth getting a Dac or Soundcard?

I'm using good headphones fyi.

Last edited:

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Hey I've been looking to upgrade my sound setup and have been researching dac vs soundcard vs onboard for a while. All I really want to know is how big of a difference it will be going from onboard to a soundcard or dac? I recently had to switch from my soundcard to the motherboard's onboard soundcard (my dedicated soundcard died) and I have to say I notice no difference at all. The onboard's analog audio is just as crystal clear as the soundcard's analog. Is it really worth getting a Dac or Soundcard?

I'm using good headphones fyi.
Depends greatly upon the headphones and their impedance. The difference will be noticeable on almost any decent headphone, even if it's a very modest DAC like the Fiio E7. It will certainly sound better than your onboard or soundcard DAC, especially if you believe the loudness war is very real. But, don't expect to be blown away if you don't have high impedance headphones and some audiophile tendencies.

A DAC becomes more necessary when you have those more demanding headphones that require a headphone amp between the two.

SnaKe-Fu

Thread Killer.
Dec 26, 2000
California
www.7igaming.com
What NRG said... I can tell you that I DO notice a difference with just using the onboard sound vs the DAC. Everything is a lot richer and clearer compared to the Turtle Beach's I had prior to this purchase.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
It will certainly sound better than your onboard or soundcard DAC

Well like I said my headphones are good, and you convinced me on the onboard sucking bit. My soundcard was an old POS (like 10 years old) so that's probably why I didn't notice much difference being that my motherboard is a lot newer (2 years).

Still, you say DAC will sound better than a dedicated soundcard? That is kind of hard to believe. With a soundcard you can pay 1/4 the price for the same quality basically, afaik. The only advantage to a DAC is that it's not next to any interference and is portable.

Hmm... Hard choice. :hmm:

Oh btw I'm using an amp.

compared to the Turtle Beach's I had prior to this purchase.

Hey, you're also adding different headphones to the equation! :p

Last edited: