Dick Clark dead at 82

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
Story

Famed television personality Dick Clark died of a heart attack Wednesday morning in Los Angeles, his spokesman confirms. Clark was 82.

Clark is best known for hosting long-running television shows such as "American Bandstand," the game show "Pyramid" and "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve."

Clark had been in St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica, Calif. after undergoing an outpatient procedure Tuesday night. He suffered the heart attack following the procedure and that attempts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful.

Clark is survived by his wife, Kari, and his three children.

Sad.
Happy Dew Year

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
I loved Dick Clark. He was pretty awesome! Out with the old and in with the new. Sucks that Ryan Seacrest is all they offer. LOL. He'll do fine though I'm sure. Sad about this loss. RIP DC.

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
Yeah. I find it a coincidence considering that his death was right after the rock 'n roll induction ceremonies. Sad times, and he will indeed be missed. Loved watching him in the Pyramid reruns, too.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Now we are stuck with just Ryan Seacrest for New Year's. :(
that's not true.
there's still that old gay man and that middle-aged gay woman.

anderson-cooper-kathy-griffin.jpg

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
It was kinda tough watching the dude mumble through his lines during the New Year's shows since his stroke. He had a good run.
Yeah, you could understand most of what he said but it was kind of painful to watch him try and talk through out the show. :/

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Oh JSR! I can't believe you said that. LOL! Awesome. LOL. Did you ever happen to catch her being interviewed by Larry King? It is a must but she was on his show so many times near the end of his run. She was on the show Talk Radio and I liked her there. She was a good comedian after that and did several shows and I liked her there too but well I'll just say she hasn't been as favorable to me over the last 8 years or so. They need to bring back Talk Radio and Firefly and the original Star Trek! LOL. I think it's a little too late for all of them. LOL.

D

drunkenflagsofyore

Oh JSR! I can't believe you said that. LOL! Awesome. LOL. Did you ever happen to catch her being interviewed by Larry King? It is a must but she was on his show so many times near the end of his run. She was on the show Talk Radio and I liked her there. She was a good comedian after that and did several shows and I liked her there too but well I'll just say she hasn't been as favorable to me over the last 8 years or so. They need to bring back Talk Radio and Firefly and the original Star Trek! LOL. I think it's a little too late for all of them. LOL.

Uh, you are probably talking about News Radio, not Talk Radio (whatever that is). and the red head in that show is not Kathy Griffin, it's Vicki Lewis.

Thank you for paying attention.

However, I vaguely remember Kathy Griffin being on Larry King, though that may have been a dream, or an episode of Family Guy, I can't be certain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
I stand corrected. You are right. It was News radio and help me again please what show was Kathy Griffin on? Was she not ever an actor? One of the more memorable (yes I said more memorable) interviews was semi recently. She had just finished some plastic surgery on her eyes and it was way obvious. I makes be shiver uncomfortably just thinking about it. It was almost like she should not have been able to even close her eyes her upper face was so tight.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Kathy Griffin is best known for her stand up comedy. She had a reality show a while back. She's done tons of TV shows, including a few voice-overs in shows like The Simpsons, and she's had a few movie roles as well.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Thanks hal. I'll try to be more accurate next time around. I know I knew her from something she did before stand-up. I wish my memory wasn't going out as fast as it is but it is what it is.