Epic Unveil On The 10th

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
There is very little chance that this is not on PC. They recently said they have 5 PC projects in the works.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
you mean, 5 other consoles to port the work they've done on the PC.
or, 5 other projects they've worked on , with a Windows PC, which will get ported to everything BUT the Windows PC.

if you do it, please ,let PCF do it. They seem to be more competent.

Last edited:

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
March 10, 2012 is a Saturday
November 10, 2012 is a Saturday
August 10, 2013 is a Saturday
May 10, 2014 is a Saturday
January 10, 2015 is a Saturday
October 10, 2015 is a Saturday
September 10, 2016 is a Saturday
How maney days/years do we have to wait?

Severin

Feb 8, 2008
Gears 2 and 3 would be nice.

Not going to happen, They already tried dumping a port of a two year old game on PC users (gears 1) and that didn't go well the first time.

I don't think they will try it again. Who wants to buy an old game they have probably already played to death on consoles for a nice hefty AAA price?

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Not going to happen, They already tried dumping a port of a two year old game on PC users (gears 1) and that didn't go well the first time.

I don't think they will try it again. Who wants to buy an old game they have probably already played to death on consoles for a nice hefty AAA price?

I would buy them only if it came in a 2 pack and was around $40 bucks. I enjoyed the first game enough that I would one day like to see how the story ended up.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006

I didn't play them on consoles, cannot afford consoles and many people don't use consoles as well. So a PC port would definitely be welcome.

Severin

Feb 8, 2008
I didn't play them on consoles, cannot afford consoles and many people don't use consoles as well. So a PC port would definitely be welcome.

Neither do I though not being able to afford a console is not a reason. The graphics card you will need to run such a game at anything other than horrible, would cost about as much as an secondhand xbox.

Also Epic are not going to release a game for a few diehard PC users like you and me they are all about mass market and won't bother unless they think it is likely to get them seven digit sales figures.

I strongly suspect the only reason the Pc got a mention recently (other than to denounce its users as a bunch of pirates) is because Bullet Storm failed so badly and the pc is something they know well and can fall back on in case of disaster.

Last edited:

StalwartUK

Feb 12, 2008
England
Yeah, a bit late now to start releasing a port of a 3 year old game.

Copies of Gears 1 for PC are rather scarce though. I was able to sell off my hardly-ever-used copy of it for £30 not long ago.

Gears of War isn't the only series that's been affected. The failure of Halo 2 on PC meant that no further Halo games were ported.

I get the feeling we'll have to wait a while before Epic tries their luck with the PC platform again. Probably whenever Unreal Engine 4 is ready.