2001-era Unreal Championship beta released.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarkBarrage99

Jun 19, 2010
east coast
I'm a fool having an issue with this ALAudio stuff. I messed around with the ini's and tried copying over some files from ut04, but i keep having this problem. I also tried running setup.exe but that did nothing.

Init: D3D Driver: CreateDevice: will use hardware vertexprocessing.
Log: InitDE!: 0
Error: Failed to load 'ALAudio': Can't find file for package 'ALAudio'
Error: Failed to load 'Class ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem': Can't find file for package 'ALAudio'
Error: Can't find file for package 'ALAudio'
Critical: Can't find file for package 'ALAudio'
Critical: Windows GetLastError: The system cannot find the file specified. (2)
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Critical: UObject::SafeLoadError
Critical: UObject::StaticLoadClass
Critical: UEngine::InitAudio
Critical: UGameEngine::Init
Critical: InitEngine
Localization: No localization: Window.IDDIALOG_CrashBox.IDC_CrashBox (int)
Exit: Exiting.
Log: Waiting for file streaming thread to finish...
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 11/29/11 03:31:49

AWW SNACK

Feb 13, 2009
I'm a fool having an issue with this ALAudio stuff. I messed around with the ini's and tried copying over some files from ut04, but i keep having this problem. I also tried running setup.exe but that did nothing.

You need to install OpenAL.

StalwartUK

Feb 12, 2008
England
Just had a quick look at this. Very interesting find. Does this beta have any kind of options screen? The sounds is a bit messed up and other settings could do with some adjustment.

Had a quick look at the music. Has the tracks Level1-5 (found in the other betas/versions of UC/UT2003 but also a menu music track that I've never seen anywhere else:

[m]http://youtu.be/vM1aUZ_rvpM[/m]

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
Some screenies.
The assault-rifle thing here looks a bit like the target designator for the orbital space cannon in UT2003 and UT2004.
Doesn't really look like a device that functions as either an AR or a laser-pointer though. It has a bit of a shotguny quality to it, imo.

Speaking of shotguns, the flak looks cool!
The little switch that sticks out the grating that covers some red glowy stuff isn't in the UT2003/4 version, right? Not sure how I feel about the red glowy stuff, but the switch looks sexy.

Last edited:

xboxerulez

Feb 17, 2019
Can someone please reupload this or give another link? The links broken if you can help me out thanks.