The Skaarj homeworld...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Yes, they would be a scare. Because scare sounds mooooorrrre 1337 than scary!

(This translocator is 1337!)

(Hope it hasn't been too long you've played ONP ;-)...)

XaN

Jul 20, 2005
harobed village
I think that the skarrj homeworld would look like some kind of jungle ( before ) combined with all kinds of skarrj facilities and buildings but the skarrj came to na pali they diden't live there from the begining and
nobody mentioned what the skarrj homeworld would be like so the only thing to emagine what would it look like,but where two maps for ut under the mod catagory jailbreak that showed off the planet,icy and cold combined with futuristic building and small pools of frozen water with tentacles frozen inside them.also mentioned in ut 2004 in charecter bios to the skarrj guys who joined the tournament that they belong into clans so it could be that there were on the skarrj homeworld differn't clans that had there territories and were all controled by a mega queen (also mentioned ).

well i think this crap makes sense dont u?

UnrealPschyo

TCA Commander
Jul 24, 2005
NeoNite said:
She sure is :O)

The standard attack of this big momma is shooting 6 green projectiles at you. They look like green shockballs, but explode like warhead missiles do.

Normally it has 35-50k health, iirc. Megaqueen is part of Utlmarine (Utlnp-ut lity-Rtnp converted to UT coop)

But if you play this with an altered Utlmarine.u file (the one from Unreal arcade look for the "talen hunter coop v 1.00 or Ut-lity napali coop v4.15 final. Requirer oldskool), she has three stages of attacks. And she has twice as much health.

Taking down a Megaqueen can be a real pain.. in the arse :B

Megaqueen? Sounds like a new Skaarj Queen to me. I accept your Challenge.

BTW, I have my own scenarios:

Operation Nightmare

Night. A perfect setting for a Skaarj Assasin, like you. You are attempting to kill a subject. You grab your rifle, engage Sniper mode on the unwaring target, pull the trigger and BANG! Subject Ternimated. Mision accomplished. You leave the scenery unnoticed....

Tonight, you are attempting to kill an important commander of the TCA: Max Derek. Unfortuneatly for all Assasins, his Base is Heavily Guarded, and you won't dare getting in; unless in night.

Max Derek is known as a fierce Sniper-Killer Commander; snipe him too late and he's going to frag you on the skull.

It's always a good thing you have your invisibility on... he won't snipe you down in night, even when noticing your actions.

As the night falls, you grab your Rifle, set it to snpier mode, and await the kill.....

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
So, bumping this into the next decade.
What do you have in mind when it comes to the Skaarj home world ?

By any chance, is there already a map(pack) with this theme....?
Ah, probably not but it would be awesome.

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
:violin:
no idea.maybe they redeemed their own planet and look for a new land of the free.
but what matters:-dont tell me here about skaarj.skaarjthis skaarjthat wth.everywhere.
i want a ****ing dragon.k? ok aligators and tigers would do it too.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Actually Unreal 2 was supposed to be in Skaarj homeworld at first. Got that info from Epic themselves. It was originally to be direct followup to Unreal.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
Always figured the Skaarj homeworld is a temperate climate, for the most part. That the Skaarj are the dominant species on their world and in their galaxy. Given they tend to enslave other species (Krall, Nali, those ape like things in U2, etc) this largely bears out.

So a temperate world, possibly with as much swamps as deserts.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Yeah I know, bold move wasn't it. I'd never dare try doing such a thing nowadays.
Young and foolish, ah.

Maybe the Skaarj were busy colonizing the galaxy, kinda like the wraith in SGA.
Or maybe they were just bored and bumped into Napali and figured "well hey, we've been floating in emptiness for ages, why not have some fun and harass these four armed nerds."

And then they found out about the tarydium mines :D

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
Well...

Their galaxy? Then they must've found a great loophole in intergalactic travel...:D
If only we'd find out about it...
...largely only Star Trek, and a few other series, has that "can't travel outside of our galaxy" issue. Even in Marvel Comics most of the major alien races live outside the Milky Way Galaxy.

Intergalactic travel is more common in most fandoms than most would immediately think.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
munch munch munch

Yeah I know, bold move wasn't it. I'd never dare try doing such a thing nowadays.
Young and foolish, ah.

Maybe the Skaarj were busy colonizing the galaxy, kinda like the wraith in SGA.
Or maybe they were just bored and bumped into Napali and figured "well hey, we've been floating in emptiness for ages, why not have some fun and harass these four armed nerds."

And then they found out about the tarydium mines :D
There's actually a 2 novel limited series based on Unreal, called 'Unreal', where it explains the Skaarj stuck on NaPali for 2 reasons.

1) The energy resources.
2) The Nali are delicious.