almost dying while gaming~

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I'm blind to the left (relative to my focus, not the position of my head. Also not related to eyes, those are fine. have a wiki!) so I'd have to play by looking at the left edge of the screen and just using my peripheral. I suppose it's doable, but right now when it's still new it's just too frustrating.

I would take it easy on whatever I was into if I was into anything that could cause it! Right now the docs are at a loss since I have pretty low cholesterol and am in relatively good shape, have low blood pressure, and the various tests and scans don't come up with anything.

I blame nanobots.

And aliens.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I'm blind to the left (relative to my focus, not the position of my head. Also not related to eyes, those are fine. have a wiki!) so I'd have to play by looking at the left edge of the screen and just using my peripheral. I suppose it's doable, but right now when it's still new it's just too frustrating.

I would take it easy on whatever I was into if I was into anything that could cause it! Right now the docs are at a loss since I have pretty low cholesterol and am in relatively good shape, have low blood pressure, and the various tests and scans don't come up with anything.

I blame nanobots.

And aliens.

The most important thing is your dick still works. You can live without everything out.

Women, don't think that this is universal. If anything doesn't work on you guys, we aren't interested. I mean really, can you blame us? That would make you a freak and nobody wants to fuck that. I'm sure you already knew this though. Some things just aren't two way streets.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
OK, I've been in my own world for the past month or so after losing my job and I just found this thread. Sorry about what's happened to you Fuzzle and I wish you a speedy recovery or at least as best that can be done (note to Fuzzle's body........fix him now!!!).

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden

Sounds like the result of a clot. Sitting too much.

I'm in my early 30's and I quit gaming hardcore in 2009. August of that year was the last time (for the most part) I have touched a multiplayer game. I had a feeling that if I had let myself go on like I was, it would have ended up like what you experienced sooner or later.

I had bad adrenaline rushes when I gamed, peaking around 2006. After this I had a health scare of my own but somehow I managed to recover after years of wondering if I'd ever feel 100% "normal" again.

I think if you start getting a bit active - and I don't mean hardcore gym or running or anything... just walk every day and try to keep your diet mostly healthy stuff... and most importantly get over the gaming thing and find some new interests, positive mood is number one to this working... you can recover.

Too many of my interests still revolve around a computer, but I am much more balanced today and phasing it out or at least making what computer activity I have partially standing up or not putting pressure on my legs to block the blood flow.

You can:

1. get chairs that don't restrict circulation as much
2. get adjustable desks that let you stand (some have motors)
3. get a tablet with like 8 hrs battery and not need to sit in an office at all!

Food wise a few habits are quite important to me now:

1. Green tea, increases my endurance and releases some of the same stuff that is actually in alcohol which makes you more sociable. I can now even drink coffee, 5 years ago I was a jittery mess after barely half a cup!

2. Lots of cayenne pepper. I put it on potatoes, toast, pretty much anything that could do with some spice, anything with some fat (not an excuse to eat more)... helps circulation a lot. I've gone through a few whole containers of it in a couple of years.

3. Much less fat, much less salt, E621/MSG cut out... E250 cut out... no soda cept for the occasional coke or dr. pepper, much much less sugar. Very little white bread.

If these sound like hard rules to follow, keep in mind I made these changes over a course of like 5 years. Of course, the quicker the better but what's important is making changes that you can actually make into permanent habits. This is why diets fail, too many changes too quickly.

Anyway, so what's the deal, how are you posting here? Tilting your head to read the text? Text to speech? Dictation?

If you look directly at the text, is it legible?

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Women, don't think that this is universal. If anything doesn't work on you guys, we aren't interested. I mean really, can you blame us? That would make you a freak and nobody wants to fuck that. I'm sure you already knew this though. Some things just aren't two way streets.

What the hell?

[SCREENSHOT]http://trollcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/son_i_am_disappoint_trollcat.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Last edited:

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
If you look directly at the text, is it legible?

I can't see the word I'm looking at, so I have to read the word to it's right. The smaller the text is the better because then I can see more words as I move my eyes across a line. One of the things we do at rehab is that I learn to direct my attention to an area other than what I'm focusing on.

And yah it was a blood clot and not a hemorrhage. That's why docs are a bit at a loss since I'm in pretty good shape (low blood pressure, low pulse, low fat and cholesterol levels, normal BMI, decent stamina; can run for 30-40 minutes). A couple of them are thinking it's an internal bleeding producing clots, but they couldn't find anything.

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
They are dumb. Anyone - ANYone can get clots from sitting too long. The blood pools up when you sit for several hours on end and don't move your legs. Not sure what they're at a loss about... I had a Norwegian doctor a few years ago and he seemed a bit on the dim side too. ;)

That's got to be really challenging though... speedy recovery man...