almost dying while gaming~

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
/looks at manual for any game out there and notices this

*Rest for at least 10 to 15 minutes per hour while playing a video game

Take the books advice you crazy billy

:lol: Don't tell me you or anyone you know actually does that.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yeah sure, but not every hour. 1 hour of straight gaming is really short for anyone who has practiced more than 5 hours of straight gaming headache-free.

I would take a break every hour if I was playing Warsow, though. D:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
/looks at manual for any game out there and notices this

*Rest for at least 10 to 15 minutes per hour while playing a video game

Take the books advice you crazy billy

* Opens Deus Ex manual *

Nope, just a seizure warning. Nothing about being a couch potato.

I think the big risk of sitting for hours is a blood clot. There have definitely been a few video game related deaths from people playing for like 16 hours straight.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
that's fucked up man.

I would rather be hit by a massive heart attack that kills me before I have too long to think about it than have any kind of stroke. a stroke that leaves you totally conscious while scrambling half your brain has gotta' be some scary shit.

ugh. now I'm scared to think about it.
I hope you recover fully. it's also fucked up that it happened to you so young.

usually when a stroke happens to a young person it's because of heavy drug use.
in your case I'm going to assume that you lead a sedentary lifestyle; meaning you probably don't engage in intense physical activity for at least 30 mins a day or a couple hours a week.

sedentary lifestyle is the leading cause of all PREVENTABLE ailments.
strokes, clots, pulmonary congestion, heart disease, etc.

people spend way too much time in front of the TV/computer to the extent that they forget to engage in even the least amount of physical exertion.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
That's crazy. Hope you get to feeling better soon. I know the symptoms very well and the way you described it was chilling.

I gotta know though... did you think to save your game? :)

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I actually took the time to type out "lol think im having a stroke" before I left. It was in league of legends and we werent doing so well, so it probably looked like a ragrequit

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Ah that sucks, sounds like your typical case though.

Be glad that something more fucked up didn't happen like losing memory of your family and childhood and how to speak and think and all that. I saw some story where that happened to some person, that must suck and completely ruin someones life. :(

Yours seems to be purely movement I guess?

I was wondering where the hell you were on LoL though, I sent a friends request on NA server but never got anything back. How long ago did this happen? >.>

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Damn! Hang in there man. Really lay into the physical therapy. Movement stuff you can get back easier than other problems. You are fairly young, so in theory you should be able to bounce back.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
Ah that sucks, sounds like your typical case though.

Be glad that something more fucked up didn't happen like losing memory of your family and childhood and how to speak and think and all that. I saw some story where that happened to some person, that must suck and completely ruin someones life. :(

Yours seems to be purely movement I guess?

I was wondering where the hell you were on LoL though, I sent a friends request on NA server but never got anything back. How long ago did this happen? >.>

I think I accepted it, y ou are in my friends list anyways. it was about a week ago

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
This Space For Rent. Please Don't Disturb The Current Occupants

Please sign, and have this notarized.

I Fuzzle here by give all my stuff to BITE_ME when I die.

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
This Space For Rent. Please Don't Disturb The Current Occupants

Some times.
When people get stressed.
A supper power will emerge.
Have you noticed if your farts can now melt through walls of steel?
Can you look at a female, and tell what color under pants she has on?
Can you grow your pubes really long, and entangle your enemy with them?
Can you raise your arm, and kill people with a spray of under arm juice?

I really like the last one :lol: