almost dying while gaming~

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
had a stroke while playing lol (brb suing), some brain damage, lost feeling in left side, and have to look to the left of what I want to look at to actually see it in my right pripheral

first few days were the worst since constant intense inescapable headache and dizzy and spontanteous vomiittng (like a bad night out), has passed now and feeling ok
onto rehab soon to learn to walk an duse left hand again

tried playing ome ggames earlier, dont understand why I keep dying cos attacked from the lft

no known cause, did lots of tests, prolly just a flyke thing

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
had a stroke while playing lol (brb suing), some brain damage, lost feeling in left side, and have to look to the left of what I want to look at to actually see it in my right pripheral

first few days were the worst since constant intense inescapable headache and dizzy and spontanteous vomiittng (like a bad night out), has passed now and feeling ok

tried playing ome ggames earlier, dont understand why I keep dying cos attacked from the lft

poor baby

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS

/looks at manual for any game out there and notices this

*Rest for at least 10 to 15 minutes per hour while playing a video game

Take the books advice you crazy billy

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
ded srs
hadnt been playing for that long when it happened, but felt an incoming masive headache
suddenly felt like someone gave me an injection in the headand instantly lost vision and felt like left arm and leg fell asleep then fell off chair trying to getup

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
still hospitalized but home for a couple of days since I can eat and take care of myself somewhat
have been applied into rehab center where I will train to walk better and use left hand more, probably go there sometimes next week
probqably not make 100% recovery, loss of left sight is most depressing, cant do most of the things i usually njoy, like gaming

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Fuzzle, sorry to hear that. Perhaps this is just a freak accident that can happen to many people. Take comfort in the fact that the brain is good at adapting to situations like this. One person had part of their brain removed and managed to regain quite a lot of capacity so you should have good potential. Take it easy in rehabilitation and go for steady regular progress.

In passing, most of you have probably read this:
Experts: Sitting Too Much Could Be Deadly

Last edited:

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
yeah I felt it hit, it was literally as if someone injected a headache through a syringe, then felt as if my left arm and leg had been asleep all along but I just didnt notice until now. didnt dawn on me that it was a stroke right away but could clearly feel something was wrong

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Fuck, all the best to you. Strokes are one of the most scariest medical conditions I can imagine because of their abruptness. Did you manage to call an ambulance yourself or were people around to do that for you?

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
m 29, not obese but bad shape (65kg and 1.82 metres, cbf converting), not high cholesterol
dont drink or smoke, used to exercise but ggood ol' trouble keeping it up
dont drink a lot of sugary things, dont eat healthy but also not overtly unhealthy

would guess its just a combination of things where lack of movement is primary culprit

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Wow. That is some pretty horrible news. I hope that rehab works well for you. I can't even imagine.

Mar 6, 2004
Sorry to hear of this, it sucks! about that article Zur posted, i sit around my comp a long time and have developed eye strain, so i have been getting migranes anywhere from 2-5 days a week, and they are pretty intense ones too all because i sit around my PC so long all the time.