how can i move faster or run in unreal

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

keithktam

Aug 8, 2011
Hi, new to unreal 2, so i am an unreal nob. I spent a long time to try to move in a faster pace ingame. It was really irritating especially in the space ship or in between gun fight, i would be able to move faster if the scene had alien/monster and i am supposed to shoot, then i somehow could move a bit faster. I try to use other button, like "shift", and it is a walk mode apparently, so it would change my grandma speed to turtle speed. is unreal such a slow pace game, or have i done something wrong or missed something.

also how can i jump the conversation?? i could jump all those spaceship animation, but when it came to the conversation between characters like at the very beginning of the game where the main character was talking to his superior, man i had to wait for it. so are all these normal, a slow pace game thing??

any help would be appreciated!!

many thanks!!
keith

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
Hi, new to unreal 2, so i am an unreal nob. I spent a long time to try to move in a faster pace ingame. It was really irritating especially in the space ship or in between gun fight, i would be able to move faster if the scene had alien/monster and i am supposed to shoot, then i somehow could move a bit faster. I try to use other button, like "shift", and it is a walk mode apparently, so it would change my grandma speed to turtle speed. is unreal such a slow pace game, or have i done something wrong or missed something.
This thread on the Atari forums says: no. As for skipping conversations, if hitting esc or clicking the mouse doesn't work I'm guessing you can't.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Wasn't there an option in the INI somewhere to change your movement speed? But yes, that would be essentially cheating. You could open your console and enter "slomo 1.5" for everything to be faster, though.

As for skipping, I think it's possible, but I don't remember which key it was. Space, perhaps? You could go through all the keys and see if it works that way.

keithktam

Aug 8, 2011
Wasn't there an option in the INI somewhere to change your movement speed? But yes, that would be essentially cheating. You could open your console and enter "slomo 1.5" for everything to be faster, though.

As for skipping, I think it's possible, but I don't remember which key it was. Space, perhaps? You could go through all the keys and see if it works that way.

This thread on the Atari forums says: no. As for skipping conversations, if hitting esc or clicking the mouse doesn't work I'm guessing you can't.

thanks guys! i might consider cheating with the speed. I have lost touch to current FPS for quite a while, and when i now return to get back into some action, I just played Doom3, and its expansion, so you can imagine....

but anyway, very cool guys!!

any other views on the running issue would much appreciated!!

keith

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
If you're using the Anthology version, you can't apply patches, unfortunately. On the positive side, they are already applied to you; however, you can't repatch the game, which makes reinstalling the game the only solution to NTFS-induced corruption.

I wonder if anyone ever made a tool to extract the patch files manually...

keithktam

Aug 8, 2011
Well if it has the first patch then his dodging should be fixed already.

yea, well if i double pressed forward or side way for example, the dodging/jump would be there, and the speed actually fine like in Unreal Tournament. But when i just moving around, man, its slow!!