What was the first album you bought?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
it makes me look like a faggot....

...but when I was a kid, the first CD I ever bought with my own money was Savage Garden's eponymous debut album:

41sFhmiT6%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

yeah that's right.
and I still listen to it sometimes.

CAUSE' I WOULD FLY YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK IF YOU'LL BE, IF YOU'LL BE MY BABY!

Huh. I always thought that last line was "if you'll beam up, baby." That song just became so much less excellent to me.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
It was one of these two for sure, but not sure which one:
Steppenwolf - LIVE (April 1970)
Deep Purple - Made In Japan (April 1973)

But, I believe I bought both of them in 1975 when I was 11 years old.:)

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
I don't remember the first LP I bought. First single was 'The Number of the Beast' by Iron Maiden, [picture sleeve & red vinyl no less] along with a surrogate copy of 'Big A, Little A' by CRASS... In my day you saved up & bought blank tapes & spent your Sunday evenings glued to the Radio with your fingers on Pause & Record hoping the tune you liked got played in the first place & that the DJ didn't talk over it too much :D
I don't think I got my own Stereo until I was 13. Seems ridiculous now.

PainAmplifier

Evil by Example
[M]<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XtLvlaGJJEU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XtLvlaGJJEU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/M]

This was the first album I bought with my own cash. The second album I ever bought was "Hell Awaits". I got them on cassette and listened to them on a walkman. The impact of listening to that opening riff on earphones without any distractions was absolutely immense. More so than hearing other songs of Slayer's on the college radio station I was listening to at the time or by trading tapes with a friend of mine.

For all the mismatched order I listened to Slayer up to the "Seasons in the Abyss" album, I have to say "Show No Mercy" is my favorite Slayer Album of all time. It's faster than the South/Abyss albums, as well as catchier/more listenable than the Reign/Awaits albums. The later stuff either flops or has poorer production.(To my ears) Which is pretty much everything post-Divine Intervention with a couple of exceptions for certain songs.

B

BestiPhoneWallpaper

The first album which i bought were "A Farewell To Kings"
i bought it when i was about 17...it was so beautiful album