Racing Games?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
GRID
F1 2010
rFactor
Dirt

My wheel is currently broken though, so I haven't been able to enjoy TDU2 yet. :(

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
F-Zero <--- Best futuristic racer

Trackmania <---Unlimited fun, one of a kind racer.

Grid <--- This racer is all about the driving, and looking good while driving. No, it is not literally about looking good, but I guarantee you will look good when driving. One of the few racing games that I actually prefer to play with the camera in the driver's seat, and with manual on and all those other silly traction controls off.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Oh yeah, GRiD, for sure.

Trackmania United is another good suggestion. Though it isn't your typical racer, you'll definitely use the same skills.

I personally liked DiRT 2 a lot, but it's a rally game if that's okay.

I'm not much into the sim side of racing so I can't help you there.

lovebug

Dec 26, 2009
I like to play PGR2

I also like to sit at traffic lights in my cr*ppy Kia and rev my engine like Im at the starting line of a race..in my town its usually next to an old person in the other lane...I look across at them and they just look back at me shaking their heads with a look on their face like they feel sorry for me....

sometimes I am SOOO rock & roll it hurts!

Polychron

Poliwrath
Sep 13, 2003
In a bubble
Does Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2010 count?

I'm addicted to that game. Realism? Who cares, as long as the super-cars and tracks look incredibly shiny! I love it! ;)

Anyone for an Autolog competition?

NfS: Shift is also very good, the cockpits are great!

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
GRID is pretty much the only game in a LONG time that has me bothered enough with.
Solo time attack was really self-rewarding too.

Entr0p1cLqd

May 25, 2004
Another vote for Trackmania United. It's the only racing game that I still play off and on.

Otherwise it would be TOCA 3. Burnout Paradise was fun; but for the co-op stunt achievements rather than the racing.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Burnout Paradise was fun; but for the co-op stunt achievements rather than the racing.

I caught it on sale for 5 or 6 bucks and had a great time with it. Just driving free all around the huge city finding hidden ramps and crashing into stuff is worth the price of admission, let alone all of the challenges and races.