Hey do you guys like gaming streams? This might worry you.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Okay... now this is not good. Hopefully it gets shot down, as the article proposed.

Things like Hulu, etc. would get destroyed by this shitty idea.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Okay... now this is not good. Hopefully it gets shot down, as the article proposed.

Yeah pretty much. Gotta love our Government. What a bunch of clueless idiots. America fuck yeah!!

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
lmao

FREEDOM!

USA! USA! USA!

Yeah pretty much. Gotta love our Government. What a bunch of clueless idiots. America fuck yeah!!

Don't act dumb. People being able to propose bills like this is a part of the freedom of America. Nothing will ever come of it, except for sensationalist news articles like this crap.

If something did happen though I'll be laughing at all the people raging. :p

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
First of all what is with the Texas lol tag? How does Texas fit into this seriously?

More importantly...

S 978 RS

Calendar No. 77

112th CONGRESS

1st Session

S. 978

To amend the criminal penalty provision for criminal infringement of a copyright, and for other purposes.

IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES

May 12, 2011

Ms. KLOBUCHAR (for herself, Mr. CORNYN, and Mr. COONS) introduced the following bill; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

June 20 (legislative day, June 16), 2011

Reported by Mr. LEAHY, without amendment

A BILL

To amend the criminal penalty provision for criminal infringement of a copyright, and for other purposes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. CRIMINAL INFRINGEMENT OF A COPYRIGHT.

(a) Amendments to Section 2319 of Title 18- Section 2319 of title 18, United States Code, is amended--

(1) in subsection (b)--

(A) by redesignating paragraphs (2) and (3) as paragraphs (3) and (4), respectively; and

(B) by inserting after paragraph (1) the following:

‘(2) shall be imprisoned not more than 5 years, fined in the amount set forth in this title, or both, if--

‘(A) the offense consists of 10 or more public performances by electronic means, during any 180-day period, of 1 or more copyrighted works; and

‘(B)(i) the total retail value of the performances, or the total economic value of such public performances to the infringer or to the copyright owner, would exceed $2,500; or

‘(ii) the total fair market value of licenses to offer performances of those works would exceed $5,000;’; and

(2) in subsection (f), by striking paragraph (2) and inserting the following:

‘(2) the terms ‘reproduction’, ‘distribution’, and ‘public performance’ refer to the exclusive rights of a copyright owner under clauses (1), (3), (4), and (6), respectively of section 106 (relating to exclusive rights in copyrighted works), as limited by sections 107 through 122, of title 17;’.

(b) Amendment to Section 506 of Title 17- Section 506(a) of title 17, United States Code, is amended--

(1) in paragraph (1)(C), by inserting ‘or public performance’ after ‘distribution’ the first place it appears; and

(2) in paragraph (3)--

(A) in subparagraph (A), by inserting ‘or public performance’ after ‘unauthorized distribution’; and

(B) in subparagraph (B), by inserting ‘or public performance’ after ‘distribution’.

Calendar No. 77

112th CONGRESS

1st Session

S. 978

A BILL

Seems like a massive overreaction to me. Though the wording could use tightened up IMO.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s112-978

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
The bills is a proposed amendment to copyright law, which Hulu abides with by negotiating rights for the content they stream. The only "business" providing streaming content that would get destroyed are the ones already breaking the existing law. This proposal is A) just a(nother) redundant waste of taxes. B) a(nother) rewrite to adopt restrictions into law on the use of newer technologies by consumers.

Last edited:

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
The bills is a proposed amendment to copyright law, which Hulu abides with by negotiating rights for the content they stream. The only "business" providing streaming content that would get destroyed are the ones already breaking the existing law. This proposal is A) just a(nother) redundant waste of taxes. B) a(nother) rewrite to adopt restrictions into law on the use of newer technologies by consumers.

This.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Come at me CIA.

Jim Sterling (the guy who wrote the article) is an idiot by the way.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQZSHpNcsRk[/M]

Last edited:

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Jim Sterling: "You're gonna pirate it anyway, DRM or not"

Me: My legitimate game box collection says otherwise, dummy.

phil

OH GOD
Jan 3, 2000
Come at me CIA.

Jim Sterling (the guy who wrote the article) is an idiot by the way.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQZSHpNcsRk[/M]

wow he sounds exactly like kal on team speak, now every time he speaks Im going to see that face. :(

lovebug

Dec 26, 2009
naked chicks aren't allowed here.

These kind of chicks are much more appealing....

chicks2.jpg