incompetent sons a bitches

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
how difficult can it be to switch internet providers without any hicups?
to make a long story short, 1 month without internet sucked.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Very. They want to keep you as a customer.
If you try to leave, they offer you deals to match or beat the competition.
And they often omit certain details when you are really leaving, or make you wait until the start of a month that you then have to pay.

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
how difficult can it be to switch internet providers without any hicups?
to make a long story short, 1 month without internet sucked.

ahh welcome back... leo hated deus ex and the new duke nukeém demo's not that great... there was this cucumber thing... Germamy blamed spain... turns out spain got screwed over.

You missed a few steam deals, there's a new one every day.

There were a few nice birthdays including Igoys and the world didnt end.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
The situation in Germany is pretty crappy when it comes to switching providers because of how the handover from one provider to the next works. It's overly complicated and you have no direct say in what happens to the line which basically results in humongous amounts of things that can go wrong while the two providers stroke their cocks waiting for the other to do something.

Best bet is to switch technologies. If you have DSL, switch to Cable. No handover, tons of possible things that can go wrong less. Next switch? Back to DSL. And have some wiggle room of one or two months before the old contract ends.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
’relax,’ said the night man,
We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like,
But you can never leave!

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Very. They want to keep you as a customer.
If you try to leave, they offer you deals to match or beat the competition.
And they often omit certain details when you are really leaving, or make you wait until the start of a month that you then have to pay.

yes but none could match what initially got me to change, a 10mbit special offer for one year, after that 3.2mbits. my old provider also cut me off 3 days earlier than what I had paid for. sons a bitches.

HOW DID PEOPLE LIVE PRIOR TO 1985?

considering that I also lost my telephone line along with that contract, HOW DID PEOPLE LIVE PRIOR TO 18something. My GF was not amused either.

We simply existed in a world of television.

I watch alot of movies and shows but none on TV... ok, my monitor broke down and I got myself a big ass led tv as replacement. still no TV hooked up to it :) they're all sons a bitches over at the TV channels anyways

The convenience of newer inventions made earlier living obsolete, simple as that.

true dat

ahh welcome back... leo hated deus ex and the new duke nukeém demo's not that great... there was this cucumber thing... Germamy blamed spain... turns out spain got screwed over.

You missed a few steam deals, there's a new one every day.

There were a few nice birthdays including Igoys and the world didnt end.

aaah? I hope you guys didn't announce me dead ;)
leo hates everything we dont forget that in a month. I heard about Igoys bday and how BBA finally got his way... nah, just kidding. ;)

The situation in Germany is pretty crappy when it comes to switching providers because of how the handover from one provider to the next works. It's overly complicated and you have no direct say in what happens to the line which basically results in humongous amounts of things that can go wrong while the two providers stroke their cocks waiting for the other to do something.

Best bet is to switch technologies. If you have DSL, switch to Cable. No handover, tons of possible things that can go wrong less. Next switch? Back to DSL. And have some wiggle room of one or two months before the old contract ends.

well,
that's very true and close to my experience. I did plan a month ahead.
I wanted to switch from arcor telephone DSL to kabel D.'s 10mbits line, porting over my telephone number aswell. Arcor cuts me off 3 days early. A few days go by with no sign from kabel D.
had to call them from a friend. After some time the figured out that they can't serve us(contradicting their OK fro ma month before). Reason: versatel owns all cable lines in my area until 2014 so if I want anything faster than 6000kbits dsl I got to switch to whatever versatel has. luckily their 2mbits connection is still cheaper than what arcor charged me. Then arcor turns out to be a bitch about my telephone number and as you said had a wankfest all over me and my new provider who, for some reason couldnt unlock internet while the number hasnt been handed over.
after alot of waiting everythign worked today BUT I have a new telephone number now :stick:. sons a bitches.

edit: the good thing is that I finally got to watch the first three seasons of Sopranos( :tup:), 4 seasons of how I met your mother, a ****load of movies and comic books I cant remember right now, got new furniture and saved alot.

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
You got... new.. furniture?

How on earth..?

Piggybacking for 20 miles through blistering desert while ravenous hounds got a whiff of my sweaty balls. What else do you do for new furniture?

oh yeah, watching Desert Punk was also great.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Last year I moved to a new apartment...not across town, just two doors down...and kept the same provider. I was without service for 6 weeks. They tried to tell me that they didn't service my area, when they are the only provider for the entire apartment complex.

I had to go all the way to the Office of the President to get them to help me.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Just remember, people are idiots..............it's better to deal with animals.......this way all the growling and fighting is taken care of up front.;)

lovebug

Dec 26, 2009
preinternet
Kids played games outside in the fresh air
Men embarrasingly walked into a newsagent and purchased a dirty mag from the top shelf
We used paper maps to find our way to different places
We used the telephone to talk or actually coversed face to face
Used a pen and paper or a typewriter to write letters
Go to the library to reseacrh by reading books
Watch TV
Used the yellow pages to find a phone number

and so on....

Sounds pretty dull dont it? :D

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
preinternet
Kids played games outside in the fresh air
Men embarrasingly walked into a newsagent and purchased a dirty mag from the top shelf
We used paper maps to find our way to different places
We used the telephone to talk or actually coversed face to face
Used a pen and paper or a typewriter to write letters
Go to the library to reseacrh by reading books
Watch TV
Used the yellow pages to find a phone number

and so on....

Sounds pretty dull dont it? :D
No, actually, it sounds normal, since most of that still happens today :). But like I said, the invention of several technologies made those activities redundant. Watching TV, phone books (although I'm wondering why they still exist), dirty mags, playing outside (at least until the kids get older), pen and paper (although writing letters with them is pretty much dead), talking face to face, talking on the phone, researching books and paper maps all still exist, although at a much lesser degree. The only thing on here that absolutely did go obsolete was the typewriter because hey, the computer is just plain superior.

This is what really irks me about older people (no offense to anyone, of course. ;)).

"Whatever happened to remembering phone numbers?" "It died with the advent of the digital phonebook."

"Why can't kids just do math on paper?" "They invented the calculator for a reason."

"Back in my day, we had to find our way by following a map." "That's cool, my GPS just tells me where to go."

And so on and so on. Technology just makes life more convenient. :D

Last edited:

lovebug

Dec 26, 2009
This is what really irks me about older people

How old do you think I am for gods sake??!!!

Of course all those things still go on, but preinternet there was no other option, if u couldnt read a map then u were screwed getting anywhere! Todays pace of life is so much faster due to the speed in which things can now be done thanks to the pc and the internet....

I personally was only about 15 when the internet started getting popular and preinternet I wasnt really interested in much else except take that, having fun and snogging boys! :D