UnWheel2 Demo Finally Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Malibu Barbie

Action Figure
Jan 21, 2005
unwheel.beyondunreal.com
Woohoo!

Decided to check the forums just to ask what is the best racing game currently available, and wasn't expecting to see UW2!

ps: what platform does this require? I never upgraded from UT2K4.

Malibu Barbie

Action Figure
Jan 21, 2005
unwheel.beyondunreal.com
How do I start it?

Yes. I miss unwheel. I recently bought a Logitech G27 racing wheel, and started to look for good racing games. I wonder how it compares with mouse steering? ;)

Last edited:

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
Now, how do I set it for inverse mouse?
:eek: :rolleyes: ;) :eek:

I don't even know if you are serious. I have never been a coder, and without the work tegleg has done with UnWheel2, there would be no bot support, or checkpoints, or so many other things. But I know there is no option for inverse mouse.

Steven

Malibu Barbie

Action Figure
Jan 21, 2005
unwheel.beyondunreal.com
Not left to right, but up and down. On all games that use mouse there is the option, so I thought the runtime would have it built in. I'm dyslexic, so I always play games with inverse mouse. I tried to play this last night, and couldn't control the car since I was always looking all the way down or all the way up.

Maybe there is a config file attached to the runtime engine?

EDIT: Found it.

On the main menu, hit the ' key to bring up the console, then type "invertmouse" without the quotes.

Last edited:

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
I didn't finish reading your post, so I was looking for solutions;P

Glad you solved it. What do you think?

Btw, you can drive all the vehicles in the MenuMap, but only in that map. They are across the street.

Steven

Malibu Barbie

Action Figure
Jan 21, 2005
unwheel.beyondunreal.com
So far I'm enjoying it. I'm very rusty at it tho.

Is the turbo bound to any keys? I haven't been able to use it. I used to have on mouse2, so I keep pressing it out of instinct I guess.

The fuel truck is waaaaaaay too fast! :) Had some fun driving all the vehicles around. Even the bus.

How do I select one of the other maps? I just get the menu map and flyaway infield.

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
Sorry, it is just a demo, and we wanted to keep it small. Turbo is the space key. There is a list of key binds in one of the .txt file in the zip file.

The trucks will not be in race maps;p

Steven

RacingCoyote

Jul 27, 2008
Cool! I went looking for UnWheel to download (for old time's sake) but found this instead! Congratulations, Steven! Just played a race map and it's really cool. :)

bigshow

Sep 15, 2011
Acceleration

I saw the UnWheel2 has a speedometer thing, i was wondering where do you take the data from?