so Fable 3 is awesome

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
[GU]elmur_fud;2515784 said:
And if u are interested in grey areas of the law get yourself an emulator for xbox360 and a fable 2 rom.
There are no Xbox 360 emulators though?

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
There are no Xbox 360 emulators though?

They exist my cousin has 1 and a couple of games. Though it may have been made by him and/or some of his CS classmates, considering my loathing of xbox I just laugh when it causes a BSOD and taunt him about going back to a real fps like UT and dropping the Halo crap. I have never asked about it though as I have had no interest in any of the games he has had.

Edit: A quick google search turns up alot of whining about a lack of them but also some links though the only one i tried thet worked set off my antivirus with a host of notices about trojans and malware.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
so after a good week of play it's safe to say that I've found a handful of things to complain about.
but on the whole I'm still really enjoying the experience.

reading what others have said about the first 2 games, I'm still just glad I never played them. apparently the main concern everyone has is that Fable 3 is basically Fable 2 with better graphics. everything about them is virtually the same; from gameplay mechanics and combat, to the story, to the weapons, to the enemies, etc.

I can definitely see then how Fable 3 would be a huge disappointment if you had already played the previous games and were expecting something... new.
but to me it's all new. so I'm happy with it.

it's mostly about presentation.
this game doesn't do anything different from your standard RPG. it just happens to look and feel outstanding, very polished. I'm really taken by the game world and I like exploring it. I've been taking my time; trying to finish every side quest and utilizing every feature (being a real estate mogul, raising a family, etc). so I feel like I got my money's worth and I haven't been let down because I have nothing to compare this to.

I guess I'm glad that I waited to get on the Fable bandwagon until this late. I'm sure I'd be just as upset with this game if I felt like I had already played it twice.

Igoy

dea ex machina
Jan 20, 2008
Norwich, England.
slave-riot.co.uk
I have no problem with the fact it's basically Fable 2. I don't like change.

My gripe is with the fact that the main storyline is ridiculously short. How you're able to stretch it to a week game play wise is beyond me.

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
well like I said, I'm taking an awful lot of time to simply walk around the various zones.
I'm exploring for the sake of exploring and trying to do every quest I find.

admittedly I've been playing Fable 3 a lot slower than I typically would a game that I'm more familiar with.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
I hate to be a graphics whore, but it looks like they are using that awfully low res postprocessing crap.
Which means, no AA and your games always look like they are running upscaled from 800x600.

Is there an option to turn that stuff off and enable AA instead?

If it really is a quick port, and they didn't even remove the xbox icons for M&K users, I suspect not.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
I have no problem with the fact it's basically Fable 2. I don't like change.

My gripe is with the fact that the main storyline is ridiculously short. How you're able to stretch it to a week game play wise is beyond me.

You know, books, gnomes, aurora flowers, keys, all chests...

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I hate to be a graphics whore, but it looks like they are using that awfully low res postprocessing crap.
Which means, no AA and your games always look like they are running upscaled from 800x600.
are you talking about the picture I posted in the OP?
because that's not really a legit screenshot.

it's just one of the first random pictures I found of the town. google image search. I don't why it has so many jagged edges at such a high resolution. but I can safely assure you that the actual game looks much better than that. I'm running it maxed out @ 1680x1050, and while there is no specific option for AA, the game applies it by default when you tell it to use Very High textures.

the little tool tip that pops up on the graphics options page tells you that the higher you set textures, the more post-processing is applied.
so max textures = at least 4x AA, 16x ASF, and high res shaders.

there's no built-in screenshot function, but maybe I'll download FRAPS later and try to snap a couple of real screens. if Fable 3 does one thing right, it's creating some drop dead gorgeous vistas. the 24-hour time cycle, shadows, water, reflections; everything is beautiful.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
are you talking about the picture I posted in the OP?
because that's not really a legit screenshot.

it's just one of the first random pictures I found of the town. google image search. I don't why it has so many jagged edges at such a high resolution. but I can safely assure you that the actual game looks much better than that. I'm running it maxed out @ 1680x1050, and while there is no specific option for AA, the game applies it by default when you tell it to use Very High textures.

the little tool tip that pops up on the graphics options page tells you that the higher you set textures, the more post-processing is applied.
so max textures = at least 4x AA, 16x ASF, and high res shaders.

there's no built-in screenshot function, but maybe I'll download FRAPS later and try to snap a couple of real screens. if Fable 3 does one thing right, it's creating some drop dead gorgeous vistas. the 24-hour time cycle, shadows, water, reflections; everything is beautiful.

Ah, good! That will make my purchase a bit easier, once I decide to swallow another GFWL game.

Igoy

dea ex machina
Jan 20, 2008
Norwich, England.
slave-riot.co.uk
You know, books, gnomes, aurora flowers, keys, all chests...

...And? Assassins Creed has flags, feathers, treasure to loot etc. If I stumble upon those I'll collect them but apart from that I ignore them, and I still get a good amount of game play from the main storyline. The main storyline shouldn't be dependant on me faffing about getting keys and books.

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Just add it as a shortcut in Steam and run it through Steam. This will allow you to use Steam screenshot feature.
I don't use Steam.

@ PLUMB DRUMB.
I went ahead and snapped a few nice screens for your viewing pleasure. this is maxed video settings @ 16x10. on my machine these kind of scenes average around 30 FPS. that's only when viewing large vistas with a long draw distance. most other places in the game (like when you can't see for miles) the FPS hovers around 40-50.

as you can tell, these actual screens don't exhibit the jagged lines from that OP. it really is a beautiful game.

[SCREENSHOT]http://s1.postimage.org/lz0qjr5qa/image.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://s1.postimage.org/lz2as0yiq/image.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://s1.postimage.org/lz2e33nia/image.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://s1.postimage.org/lz2he6chu/image.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://s1.postimage.org/lz2mcsdz6/image.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://s1.postimage.org/lz2pnv2yq/image.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://s1.postimage.org/lz2syxrya/image.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

the dog looks blurry in some of the pics. don't mind that.
it's part of the shader effects, like a motion blur. he chases his tail a lot. it looks fine in real time.

Last edited:

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I'm just telling you what the game says.
when you go into video options, a tool-tip pops up when you click on textures I think. and it says something like "higher texture settings = additional shader and post-processing effects including AA."
I only see shader-based AA in your screenshots, not real AA :(
k.
honestly I don't know the difference.
maybe someone will try to explain it to me.

but I don't think I care. the game looks great.
sure; I've seen even better AA in AssCreed Brotherhood and Crysis 2 for instance. and I guess I could try to "force" AA through Catalyst Control Center. but compared to games that have absolutely no AA support (like GTA4), Fable 3 looks pretty damn good. much smoother lines and less exaggerated blur.

my only goal was to show Plumb that the visuals don't look as bad as that promo shot I used on the first page.
the actual game doesn't look anywhere near as jagged as that pic might have suggested.

Last edited:

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
I'm seleroxing

I own Fable 2 and have not played one second of it... Ok.

Fable2 is easily the best of the bunch. The lack of truly climactic final battle [hell wait too long and someone does it for you] doesn't detract from what's an excellently woven tale.

Fable 3 was a chore, truly.