Tomb Raider Rebooted CGI Teaser Trailer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

larafan25

Oct 11, 2008
Tomb Raider Rebooted

General Tomb Raider Synopsis

Everyone who is part of the video game community knows who Lara Croft is. Whether it's for the nostalgic environments from the first game or simply for...boobs, people know the name Lara Croft. This game is a full on reboot. Not only rebooting the gameplay but the entire brand name and franchise. Basically the creation of this game is like trying to re-create the big bang.

Tomb Raider Reboot 2011 Background Info

The new game follows Lara Croft (21 years old) as she embarks on a journey with Captain Conrad Roth on the Salvage Vessel Endurance to search for lost treasures off the coast of Japan. Lara Croft is fresh from academy (I'm not fond of how the education system works in the UK) and has turned down an offer to Cambridge in search for a more hands on and eyes opening experience. Lara hopes to ear comfy spot amongst the world's leading treasure hunters. The expedition goes awry as a storm hits and the Endurance is split in half. Lara finds herself lost in a sea of darkness both literally and figuratively. Lara must now survive this extremely messed up island and through visceral combat encounters and treacherous exploration she will learn the fundamentals of surviving (except swimming apparently) the harsh environments of the lost word.

Bullet Point Info

- Lara's dual pistols are not in the game as far as we know however Conrad Roth is said to kill a pack of wolves with dual pistols, so she may inherit them.
- Quick Time or Cinematic Events are back. However they are apparently more involved than in previous games.
- Generic combat has yet to be delved into however we do know that there is no more lock on targeting, so the game will feature free aim.
- So far the only confirmed weapons are the Bow, Sawed off Shotgun, Pistol, and Axe.
- The Axe mentioned above can also be used for climbing. Not sure how that will work yet
- Lara still is athletic and can climb, however she climbs more realistically. Someone compared her climbing movements to that of Uncharted.
- No vehicles in this game
- This game is meant to be more cinematic than previous installments
- The game is NOT open world however there are large sprawling areas and you can explore anywhere which you can see if you are physically capable or have the proper equipment.
- Gathering food and water will be part of the game. I assume it will be like a medipack system however instead of random health items we will also find food items.
- Lara will need to hunt to find some food items, I assume this means killing animals and rummaging for canned food (as mentioned in the Gme Informer article)
- Contrived Puzzles are gone, so this means no more endless switches and mechanisms in tombs. Puzzles are meant to be survival situations and problems which need to be solved. You will be given an area filled with items which have an obvious function but can be multifaceted based on their surroundings
- There is a crafting feature
- There is apparently some sort of skill system or experience system which allows you to upgrade Lara and her tools
- In the beginning of the game Lara's movements may seem awkward or amateur however as she learns more she will be more capable
- Random Buddha statues liter the island (as well as a giant megalith statue) their purpose is still unknown
- Lara can squeeze through tighter spaces with the help of more cinematic and dramatic camera angles, Lara will push up against walls and touch them in contextual animations
- The game is meant to be more mature and thus is rated M.
- A lot of problems solving involves the game's realistic physics engine. Lara can light torches and if they get wet they will go out.

*I'll add more as I find out and remember*

Important Links

Game Informer Tomb Raider Hub: This is where all the first Tomb Raider Reboot information was revealed (and in the article).
http://www.gameinformer.com/p/tombraider.aspx

Official Tomb Raider Website: This is the official Tomb Raider website with all or most of the screens which have been released.
http://tombraider.com/

Screenshots and scans

Screens:

Scans

TR9_in_NAG_new_5.png
TR9_in_NAG_new_2.png

*I did not scan any of these so thank you to those who did scan and originally upload them*

There is way more media and info which I will add slowly if I feel it's wanted.:)

Last edited:

larafan25

Oct 11, 2008
I would help you, but I don't do facebook.

Of course. I mean, facebook may not be good for everyone. The constant unnecessary connection with people, ranting about their social lives which you and I probably couldn't care less about.

However when it comes to throwing down an e-mail address, making up some phony name, and liking the page....thus being 1 step closer to that awesome trailer....then it seems worth it, doesn't it?:D

Kay maybe not, IDK.:/

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
It's still Eidos, it's still going to suck. Their games were cool in 1998 when 3rd person games were new.

larafan25

Oct 11, 2008
^Well I think we should be counting more on what the developers do, and not the publishers. Tomb Raider may have been a zombie for the past few years, however this is a leap of faith and is going to be sick. So I will take my own leap of faith and bet you that this game gets nominated for Best At Show E3 and comes close if not wins GOTY. I bet you.

Wow... This looks pretty incredible. And Lara covered in blood? AWESOME.

IKR? The trailer will totally be her getting her ass kicked by the game's terrain...

Look at this CGI!

tombraider2e.jpg

Yeah...C...G...I..>_>

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Sorry, the incredibly detailed CGI backgrounds leave no more computing power for jiggly breast physics during the rendering of the scenes. You'll have to deal without.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
The original Tomb Raider (Sega Saturn in 1996) rates as one of the greatest games I've ever played.
I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this.

larafan25

Oct 11, 2008
Justin Bieber Croft.

Clifford The Big Red Croft.

etc...

She really does resemble a lot of people and characters...>_>

How come whenever someone tells me to get ready for a "new take" on a classic character nowadays I expect to see them covered in dirt and grunge, portrayed more "realistically?" Kind of doesn't feel refreshing anymore. I think I'd be more surprised if Lara went blonde. Also, maybe I'm wrong...but didn't they "reboot" Lara already? I kinda feel like they did.

Don't know if I enjoyed the other Tomb Raider games enough to try this one though. Can't say I played any of them for more than an hour.