so Fable 3 is awesome

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
got around to playing for the first time last night (PC version of course). decided to fire it up and get my character started before bed. I must have gotten home around midnight and sat down to play around 12:30.

next thing I know it's f*cking 4:47 AM and I can't stop.
had to make myself quit.

today I'm rushing through work so I can get back to it :eek:
I've only just reached Brightwall and finished the first dungeon of sorts but this game already has me in it's ironclad grip. there's so many things to do it's staggering and the production value is well above average. world and environments, story, voice acting, graphics and sound effects; everything works really well together.
the attention to detail is at least as good as every other aspect. the maps in each zone are huge and it looks like you can enter virtually every building, but no 2 establishments are decorated quite the same. granted I've only visited about 10% of the entire world to this point, but each place I go and each building I enter seems completely unique in its design (aside from a few "standard" shops).

see I never played Fable 1 or 2... due to lack of PC support.
I really didn't know what to expect. I just remember that most people seem to agree they were great games. needless to say I'm really glad they decided to take advantage of the PC platform this time around. so far this is easily one of the better RPG's I've ever played. the combination of melee, magic, and classical firearms is also pretty sweet. doesn't take long to get the hang of switching between them depending on the situation. it's nice and gratifying when you are successful in combat versus multiple types of opponents using all 3 weapon types.

and of course your dog follows you everywhere. he's a bad ass.
looks like a border collie. fights like a wolf (goes for the neck). has a nose for treasure.

here's Brightwall; the first major hub area you have access to once escaping the castle.

[SCREENSHOT]http://s1.postimage.org/ndcrp2sn6/Brightwall.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

you can buy property in this game. place to live, place to start a business and make some money, or a place to rent out to others. you could even buy a cheap house, fix it up with nice furniture, and sell it for a profit. there's a real nice place across the river just outside of the city that I'm saving up for right now. and I still have the option of buying different clothes, getting tattoos, or changing hair styles.

oh and apparently at some time down the line I'm supposed to make friendly with a female character who will become my wife and live in my house :lol:
sh*t is crazy.
and awesome.

Last edited:

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
not to troll, but...

The first game was above average, but undelivered as usual with Molyneux games. I really didn't see the need to play the next two. From what I've heard it's the same formula with little bits of improvements here and there. Not enough for me.

I'm just hoping for the day when Molyneux actually delivers what he says he will.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
I thought Fable 3 was pretty good. I never played Fable 1 or 2 so I have nothing to compare it too. If there was no comparison than yes, its a good game.

There is only one issue that I found and that is that the big epic game ending decision can be very easily tricked so you get the best of both worlds.

Igoy

dea ex machina
Jan 20, 2008
Norwich, England.
slave-riot.co.uk
you can buy property in this game. place to live, place to start a business and make some money, or a place to rent out to others. you could even buy a cheap house, fix it up with nice furniture, and sell it for a profit. there's a real nice place across the river just outside of the city that I'm saving up for right now. and I still have the option of buying different clothes, getting tattoos, or changing hair styles.

oh and apparently at some time down the line I'm supposed to make friendly with a female character who will become my wife and live in my house :lol:
sh*t is crazy.
and awesome.

You can also do that in the first 2. :p

So far I'm actually pretty disappointed with the game. I got it on Friday, didn't start playing until Sunday night, played a few hours each night (I think I've racked up 8 hours gameplay) and I'm virtually finished. Granted, I haven't done many of the side quests... but surely the main quest must be longer? Has anyone whos played Fable 3 confirm/deny how close I am to the end?

Either way, looks good, just as fun as the other 2 but really freakin' short.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Has anyone whos played Fable 3 confirm/deny how close I am to the end?

Either way, looks good, just as fun as the other 2 but really freakin' short.

Depends on what part of the story you're at. The first half of the game has you trying to dethrone your brother because he's evil.

As I got closer to that point I thought the game would be over too. It is pretty close to the end but it isn't the end of the story.

But yes, it is kind of short. You're supposed to do all the fluff and filler content to drag out the length of the game.

Also, as far as marrying people, there is a fun achievement called Henry VIII, I think, where you have to marry a number of women and then kill some of them. It's hilarious.

Igoy

dea ex machina
Jan 20, 2008
Norwich, England.
slave-riot.co.uk
Depends on what part of the story you're at. The first half of the game has you trying to dethrone your brother because he's evil.

As I got closer to that point I thought the game would be over too. It is pretty close to the end but it isn't the end of the story.

I'm at the point where...

You have 365 days to prepare for the darkness coming to albion

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
I'm at the point where...

You have 365 days to prepare for the darkness coming to albion

Oh that. lol
That's where the game falls apart for me. Those are not 365 days calculated with any sort of actual time passing. The days jump from 365 to like 200 something and then down to 100 something, etc, as you do all 'kingly tasks' that get set up for you. So you can do all the tasks and yeah, you'll end the game really quickly at that point, or you can try something else.

Since there is no real sense of time passing you can essentially run away and do whatever you want forever and nothing will happen if you never do those quests. This is where you can start buying property and making a **** ton of money and still do all the 'good' options that are supposed to lose you money. Just transfer all your own wealth into the castles coffers and you'll still save the kingdom while still being 'good'.

Last edited:

Igoy

dea ex machina
Jan 20, 2008
Norwich, England.
slave-riot.co.uk
Oh that. lol
That's where the game falls apart for me. Those are not 365 days calculated with any sort of actual time passing. The days jump from 365 to like 200 something and then down to 100 something, etc, as you do all 'kingly tasks' that get set up for you.

Since there is no real sense of time passing you can essentially run away and do whatever you want forever and nothing will happen if you never do those quests. This is where you can start buying property and making a **** ton of money and still do all the 'good' options that are supposed to lose you money. Just transfer all your own wealth into the castles coffers and you'll still save the kingdom while still being 'good'.

Am I right though that after that that's basically the end of the game? I thought about doing that, but apparently if you buy all the houses and rent them out AFTER the 365 countdown happens, its classed as evil and the villagers will hate you even if you save them all.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Am I right though that after that that's basically the end of the game? I thought about doing that, but apparently if you buy all the houses and rent them out AFTER the 365 countdown happens, its classed as evil and the villagers will hate you even if you save them all.

I don't know if it counts as evil. I never got any evil points and I bought property after the countdown started. I think the only evil points come if you jack up the rent and be an ass of a landlord. Maybe they 'fixed' that after I finished the game. Who knows.

The game itself doesn't end at that point just the story. If I'm not mistaken you can keep playing afterwards so you can go back and get all the stuff you missed.

Mar 6, 2004
At the start of the game i was so mean to the beneath me guys. I was a douch prince and i hope to continue to be a douche prince.

Igoy

dea ex machina
Jan 20, 2008
Norwich, England.
slave-riot.co.uk
I don't know if it counts as evil. I never got any evil points and I bought property after the countdown started. I think the only evil points come if you jack up the rent and be an ass of a landlord. Maybe they 'fixed' that after I finished the game. Who knows.

The game itself doesn't end at that point just the story. If I'm not mistaken you can keep playing afterwards so you can go back and get all the stuff you missed.

Oh cool, I'll try that then, especially as I'm being a good queen and fulfilling all my promises. D:

You can carry on playing, but it's like Assassins Creed: What's the point after you've finished the story line? But it does answer my question... Fable 3 = short game. I could finish it in 10 hours easy. :(

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Profane, somewhat disturbing, but absolutely hilarious.

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxq-aOiGmQU[/m]

YOU SEE NOTHING!

Last edited: