Amazing the number of miserable people

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
The number of miserable people

I thought I had things bad. However, lately I've added a few people on social networks here and there and some of the comments I've read make it appear that quite a few people in their 20s and 30s are not getting on in life. I know this is nothing new but until now most of it had been kept swept under the carpet so to speak.

It especially hit home with a woman in her thirties I knew from night school. She had a boyfriend, a kid and things kind of looked ok. But this year it appears she's broken up and kind of sounds desperate to earn a living (nope, she is neither ugly nor stupid).

What have you noticed on your side? Do you think this is limited to a small percentage of the population or it's more widespread? Also, how come this is happening when part of the population is going into retirement? Shouldn't there be more jobs because of this? It's kind of nuts to see human resources continue to point their nose up at people in this post-crisis context. Haven't they got anything better to do than act like elitist twats?

Last edited:

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
I tend to notice a lot of people complaining who are making their own beds that they are living in, honestly. Not too many have justifiable complains. For example, I know a girl who complains when she's single that nobody loves her. Perhaps it's because she cheats on every man she's dated. Same girl also complains about no money, when she can't hold a job worth spit (and this is a girl who works fast food - she always does something to piss off her boss, or gets in really bad with coworkers, complains on the job, etc).

Not saying there aren't people with genuine tough times, of course. Lately it seems there is a lot of death amongst the people I know. I know I myself have lost a large number of friends and family.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Deal with it Azura. Humans have intelligence so it's some times hard to ignore the fact that the world is miserable in the end. Predominantly. That's what people are doing with their lives really, making choices to avoid misery, that's pretty miserable. And then in the end you just die. So you know.

That's why hamsters are always happy, and goldfish. God damn, goldfish; they are always happy.

Anyway imagine if everyone was happy all the time. That would be annoying.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Nothing has changed... everyone has problems, but now some of them moan about it on facebook too.
This. Everyone just has a place to publicly vent without personally going into a room to do it now. "I want to be heard without forcing anyone to listen."

Mar 6, 2004
Try going to a social anxiety forum. I'm at 1 because i have SA but all they do is whine about not having a gf and nobody likes them and never will...no ****, because you aren't doing anything about it and expect things to happen to you without putting the hard work in it.

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
Try going to a social anxiety forum. I'm at 1 because i have SA but all they do is whine about not having a gf and nobody likes them and never will...no ****, because you aren't doing anything about it and expect things to happen to you without putting the hard work in it.

Try being a moderator on a social anxiety forum.
I bet they have a high turn over rate.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Lots of miserable people wrapped up in their world and expecting to get hurt. Sad.

Last edited: