Tribes: Vengeance Community Looking for Developers! (Unreal Engine 2.5)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZERO_FX

May 9, 2011
Looking for Developers! Tribes: Vengeance Community (Unreal Engine 2.5)

*I hope I posted this in the right place!*

Hello everyone,

I've been reading through the forums for the last couple of weeks and I have just now decided to break down and create an account!

Anyways here's what's going on.

I'm from a community of players named Zero Hour, from a game called Tribes: Vengeance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribes_Vengeance

The game has been out for a long time, and the community has gotten smaller and smaller every year. However, this year.. a LOT of old players have came back. The problem is, we are lacking a source of developers to help create mods for the game, such as creating new game modes, helping fixing some minor bugs, and adding our own flavor to the game. We have had some dev's back in the past but they've all moved on to the newer, more popular games.

So the thing is, we, (the clan that I run) are looking for some developers to create some things for us. If you're interested post here or PM me here if you have any questions and we can work something out! We ARE able and wanting to pay you for your works!

Thanks for reading,

-Zero

Last edited:

ZERO_FX

May 9, 2011
I don't think I've given enough information about this movement, soo.. here we go.

-Game Engine: Unreal Engine 2.5
-Editor Program: TVed (tribes vengeance editor, and modified version of unreal 2k4's map editing program I believe)
-There are Tribes Dev kit's as well as mod development kits. (however I believe that what we need done are simple things that have already been done in 2k4, or close to it.)
-Most modding & mutator samples and information are contained here: http://tvdl.maloxtv.com/mods/

Some possible Mod/Mutators that we would like to create:

-Play sound on clients side when a certain shot is made. (Bonus point and text flash have already been created for said event, we would like a sound to play when event happens)
-Better admin or web admin controls. (Banning/punishment system is weak and could use an upgrade)
-Possibly a new or modified version of our anti-cheat mods.

Last edited:

DarkBarrage99

Jun 19, 2010
east coast
T:V RULES!!! idc what t2 players say, dispite tv's flaws (which the community has overcome by modding), they're both great games and have equal number of ups and downs.

We ARE able and wanting to pay you for your works!

o_O are you kidding? well i guess it makes sense, tved is a terrible program, and the fact that tv doesn't use regular unreal scripting and has almost entirely different flie extensions is kinda nonsence. if it weren't for that there would probably be a tribes mod available for ut2k4 like utXMP (at least weapon ports, I've always wanted to do that but lack the knowledge) and naturally the opposite: ut maps in tv.

I personally would love to see some more modding in tv and have quite the (mostly) simplistic wish list.

-team & free for all deathmatch gametypes and a few maps along with the duel maps to play

-fix for sniper zoom or sniper accuracy, whichever one is the actual problem (i know of the fix by messing with the ini files and moving around the zoom crosshair, but since there isn't a 'fix' most people play the game and say "f*** tv, this game sucks and I can't snipe!").

-3 forms of an instagib style game type; light armor,1 shot, 1 kill, infinite ammo, spawning with a grappler and:
----regular (standard projectile) sniper rifle
----hitscan (instant hit, this would have to be created) 'laser' rifle
----spin fusor (perhaps with a smaller or definable blast radius)

-bot support? even if it's just something like a gametype where your fighting respawning campaign enemies. I'd like to just have some fly by target practice where I can simply respawn instead of reloading a campaign level with every death.

-objective based gametype like ut's assault; imagine campaign levels except multiplayer. i wouldn't be surprised if there was already code somewhere for this.

hey zero, what clan are you a part of?

my woman is bothering me and forcing this post to a close :[ and won't stop whining!!!

hope thats some inspiration for some simple starts!

DarkBarrage99

Jun 19, 2010
east coast
apparently WOTgreal supports tribes vengeance :eek:

http://www.wotgreal.com/

also ask around here:
http://forums.epicgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249
the people at this board are a bit friendlier and quicker to respond, especially for ut2kx games and unreal engine 2 and 2.5

another edit:
i took the liberty of quoting you all and posting over at epic forums:
http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?p=28456540#post28456540
like I said, more people are interested in ut2kx games and unreal 2/2.5 engines on this forum. for instance, there are people porting Unreal Championship 2 (UE2.5) stuff into 2k4, so your bound to come across more people that are more interested and knowledgeable.

Last edited:

Mr. Scary

Speedemupus-Guitarist-Shreddish
Nov 10, 1999
Arizona
Visit site
Man I miss Tribes. I didn't gripe too much about Vengeance; only when they promised a patch and then it never got released and support went bye-bye. I was a decent game though.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
-Play sound on clients side when a certain shot is made. (Bonus point and text flash have already been created for said event, we would like a sound to play when event happens).

This kind of mod should come with every game. I had a lot of fun on a CS:S server that played this chorus every time someone got knifed. It was awesome lol.