[Poll] Which game should I play next?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Which one?

• Total voters

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
I thought this too the first time I played it, but then a few months later I went back and tried the first FEAR and realized that it wasn't as good as I remembered it either. Last year I went back and finished FEAR 2 and found it entertaining enough to complete. Now they both just seem meh.

well I played FEAR again more or less recently, and I'm getting so much more enjoyement from the sounds (the shotgun is just great) and the combat. I already know the scares so that is too bad. :(

FEAR2 has less detailed shadows than the first, and just soooo many things wrong that I don't want to get in those in detail now as I have in the past already. :eek:
to list quickly :
-sound is of lesser quality
-shadows are less detailed
-slowmo has become pussy mode
-grenades go puff
-mother ****ing QTE for nothing !

most of the scares were good, I'll admit that.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
gta iv / mass effect?
not because they're performance busters but because a lot of the other games are ****.
GTA IV will be more fun at first.

I'm going to have to agree.

not only is GTA4 the best game on that list (next to Mass Effect), it's also one of the best games for testing new hardware. RockStar has stated that GTA4 is future proof, and anyone who has been playing the game since it's release can attest to this.

with each new version (I think they're on 5 or 6 now) they don't just patch the game for bugs, they introduce small updates to the graphics; enhanced shaders, better shadows, higher texture resolution, increased draw distance, etc.

assuming your machine can handle it, it will really blow you away to see GTA4 with max settings. it's also extremely fun. it's probably the best stress relief game ever made. shooting random peds and the police is hauntingly realistic and disturbingly satisfying.

Entr0p1cLqd

May 25, 2004
Out of those you've listed I've only got Saints Row 2, and GTA-IV.

SR-2 has lots of game and very little in the way of quality. Once the (bearable) story is done there's still tons of stuff to toy with. It's nice that you can play the whole story through in co-op mode (the net-code sucks badly although when it works it's a hoot).

GTA-4 has lots of quality and very little in the way of game. That is, once the main story is done there's very little to do. And unlike previous games (even San-Andreas given its size) there aren't jumps & stuff every 200 yards to provide post-story distractions. The cop chases are more fun than in previous versions though. GTA-4 also looks way way better than SR2.

Personally I'd have to suggest going with something other than SR-2 or GTA-IV.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Currently it looks like Batman: AA is taking the lead by 3 points, trailed by Mass Effect, with Fallout: NV and GTA IV tying for 3rd. It's still anyone's game (except :foreveralone: FarCry 2)! Although there is no date the poll expires, we still have a good 5 full days of voting!

Last edited:

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
lol... well not exactly.
ultimately it's your game.

don't go buy and play a game because it wins the poll.
buy and play the game because it's the one you want.

Haha, I meant "anyone's" referring to the games in the poll.

Also:
Note: These games are ones that I currently have and haven't played yet.

I mainly bought the games when I couldn't run them properly because they were on sale, so I could wait to play them in the future, which is less than a week from now. There was no way I would have been able to play Crysis or GTA IV when I bought them last December.

This poll was merely there to determine which game I would play first, and then I'll go to the next game on the list I want to play.

Last edited:

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
1) Batman
2) Crysis
3) Mass Effect
Then Far Cry 2 or GTA IV.

If you play Crysis first, the graphics from the other games won't impress you. If you play Batman first, you'll be impressed by it then also by Crysis. Not to mention both games are really fun. Don't play Far Cry 2 right after Crysis because you'll be disappointed by it. Take your time in Mass Effect, then play Far Cry 2, and you'll be able to enjoy it for what it is. Save F.E.A.R 2 for when you're really bored. Bam, perfect video game playlist.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Considering the level of graphics on some of those games, I'm guessing you haven't played Dead Space 2 either?

Play Batman first, then play Dead Space 2. (Don't really need to play Dead Space 1, but can if want)

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
nah, they are better. Plus you can't even use AA with soft shadows enabled in the first game, or you end up with "double vision" shadows, which is terrible.
I didn't remember the first being better either, but going back and playing after he said that, it's true. Yeah, the soft shadows are missing but the levels in the first FEAR were only lit by dynamic light sources where everything in FEAR 2 is global and poopy.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I would recommend WoW, but I doubt you want to play it. The same as GTA, they have updated the game over the years in patches and huge updates with expansions to keep the graphics and effects update. For me the game is everything I have ever wanted in game. A RPG where you never stop leveling, gear that keeps getting better, PvP (The best part of the game IMO)

Ultimately the game comes down to how cool the people you regularly play with in it. My guild is pretty awesome, so queing up some PvP or arena matches and chating over Vent, makes for some really fun times in the game. If you are in one of those raid crazy guilds, it starts to feel more like a job than a game. (hence why my guild is all about arena and PvP now) Anyway, that's my honest $.02.

EDIT:

They have a 10 day free trial if you have never checked it out.

Last edited: