[Poll] Which game should I play next?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Which one?

• Total voters

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
As some of you may know, I'm building my new computer next weekend (May 7, 8). I will finally be able to play games highest resolution and highest settings with flying colors.

So, from the list in the poll, which game should I play next?

I'm voting for GTA IV.

Note: These games are ones that I currently have and haven't played yet. Some games probably aren't benchmark busting games (FO:NV, Fear2, etc), but they are games that are graphics-intensive on my current hardware, they will struggle on modest to low settings. Some newer games are much more deserving to be on the list, but I don't have them and don't feel like purchasing them right now just to see how well the new hardware handles it.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
have you played these games before? If not, I'd go with Crysis to test out your new GPU.
That could be fun. SP isn't very long so you could beat it and get on with others.

I fear SR2 is a buggy mess, so I haven't touched it.

STALKER games aren't really that good.

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Crysis is a good system test, Batman is ****ing awesome. The others are great games, but those two should start you off.

~Jason

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
STALKER games aren't really that good.
If by "aren't really that good" you mean ****ing awesome, then yes, this.

I had to vote for Mass Effect though as that's a more popular fps rpg and Clear Sky is the worst of the three.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
If by "aren't really that good" you mean ****ing awesome, then yes, this.

I had to vote for Mass Effect though as that's a more popular fps rpg and Clear Sky is the worst of the three.

Well, I initially enjoyed the atmosphere (which I think may be unmatched), but the gameplay soon won over, and I just couldn't stand it any longer.
and it wasn't the RPG that got me - I love me some RPG elements - it was that the mechanics felt unrefined and buggy, and finally got on my nerves.

Here's hoping when I install Borderlands the same wont happen.

edit
There are some great aspects to STALKER though, obviously.

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I'd do Batman first. It's a beautiful game and unlike some of the others listed you're not going to wander around for ages. You'll be able to finish it off and mark it off your list.

Crysis would be my next - it's also pretty straightforward and of reasonable length. It looks better than Batman technically, so you could enjoy the step up in graphics.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
it was that the mechanics felt unrefined and buggy, and finally got on my nerves.
Like what? Not saying this is stupid or impossible, just wondering what you didn't like.

I'd do Batman first. It's a beautiful game and unlike some of the others listed you're not going to wander around for ages. You'll be able to finish it off and mark it off your list.
Don't get me wrong, I love linear games when done right but, I was bored in fifteen minutes when I tried this game at a friend's house. Didn't seem like a bad game or anything, but it certainly didn't get me hooked by any means. I should probably give it another go though.

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
gta iv / mass effect?
not because they're performance busters but because a lot of the other games are ****.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Crysis is a good system test, Batman is ****ing awesome. The others are great games, but those two should start you off.
All this. But run crysis first and see if you can make your computer cry before you run off with batman.

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
Batman is an amazing game :) The only bad thing that stuck out to me is the way x-ray mode works, it can be on all the time and there's no real incentive to turn it off and look at the pretty graphics (but please do!).

If you play stalker, I recommend installing the complete mod. The first stalker was pretty unplayable for me without it, it fixes a lot of the interface nastiness: http://www.moddb.com/mods/clear-sky-complete

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
you can pass FEAR2. it's such a letdown compared to the first. :(

and batma is lots of fun. I recommend playing on hard for the amazing combat system. :D

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
you can pass FEAR2. it's such a letdown compared to the first. :(
I thought this too the first time I played it, but then a few months later I went back and tried the first FEAR and realized that it wasn't as good as I remembered it either. Last year I went back and finished FEAR 2 and found it entertaining enough to complete. Now they both just seem meh.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
GTA IV. I like it very much.

Also, New Vegas. But GTA IV will be more fun at first.