Portal 2 Invades The Ball, Killing Floor

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009
This is an awesome and funny way of advertising.

And it helps the other studios too, IMHO. I think the indie stuidios got paid for their effort to put the levels in. And some portal fans will buy those games too now.

Remember: "Panels, the planks of tomorrow"

Last edited:

Spiney

Jun 12, 2010
This is AWESOME.

Did Valve themselves do these? Would be funny if they were using Unreal Engine to promote their games, and it's cool to see the source assets in another engine.

Just realized I still gotta pick up the ball, now that I finally have a system that can run it.

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
"big dumb ball"

Valve gave them the assets according to hourences, they then built the level and I figure valve asked them to have certain things in it for ARG.

But it was a quality level and glados is <3

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I loved having the test chambers in The Ball. Test Chamber 7 was a real pain.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I really hope the content isn't time limited. I haven't had much time this week for gaming so I hope I'll get to check this stuff out at some point. I'm having a lot of fun watching the ARG develop though. Events like this are why Steam is such a great service.

I wonder if there were any developers that Valve asked but declined to participate? Introversion has no involvement in this and they've been one of the biggest Steam cheerleaders, which makes it a bit surprising since you'd think that would be a good fit for an ARG like this.

Valve gave them the assets according to hourences, they then built the level and I figure valve asked them to have certain things in it for ARG.

That doesn't surprise me. I've been following the ARG and it does seem like the individual developers have a sizable amount of freedom in regards to the content they add to the game and in terms of participation in the ARG. Some of the developers have been fairly involved with the meta-game while others seem to be more focused on in-game content.

Last edited:

[NBK]Rattman

Goo God
Feb 22, 2005
nbkillas.com
I really hope the content isn't time limited. I haven't had much time this week for gaming so I hope I'll get to check this stuff out at some point. I'm having a lot of fun watching the ARG develop though. Events like this are why Steam is such a great service.

Hourences stated in the Steam forums that this content will stay in the game.

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
Ooh! Just when I get my new computer up and running, too! Sadly the only Indie game I own out of that 13 is Amnesia, and I haven't heard anyone talk about the Portal 2 content for Amnesia other than it's apparently called "Justine" and there are Egyptian glyphs, not to mention the potato on the main menu replacing the broken vial of Damascus Rose Amnesia potion.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
Ha, someone on another forum posted screenshots of this and I just thought someone made a really awesome Portal fanmap for KF.
Hell of a promotional gag.:lol: And not just a quick throwaway joke either. Quality stuff.